The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus, another trilogy? I'm all for new Star Wars movies, but I think that one of the reasons the prequel trilogy was so successful was due to the time frame that passed between Return of the Jedi and the re-releases. I just hope it doesn't turn into sequel fatigue. 

People have said the same thing about superhero movies and they seem to be humming along just fine. As long as the quality of movies is good (and I have faith in Johnson to deliver in that regard) then they'll continue to be viable properties. 

I remember reading somewhere that tha new trilogy will be separate from the current one,but set in the same universe, that's why the Marvel movies are still succesful there are several separated stories that come together for a big one every few years.

From what I've read, it will be "…from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

A lot of people are clamouring for it to be set in the Old Republic, and I for one would be so keen for that, but I'm honestly just thrilled about the idea of more Star Wars films to explore more of the galaxy than just the Skywalker family fucking everything up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So we're rewatching the good ones leading up to Last Jedi and we just did Empire last night.  Wow and damn, there is a huge difference between Yoda in Empire and Yoda in the prequels.  I like to think he was driven crazy by years in isolation.  This is the best Yoda.  

• Like 2

We have watched five films in six nights (Rogue One, then the original trilogy, then Force Awakens) in anticipation for going to see Last Jedi on Friday, totally agree. Yoda is a kooky old man and I kinda dig it, was saying to my girlfriend that it makes sense since he's been stuck on a weird swamp planet for 20 years with no one to talk to.

And I will say it again, another re-watch brings me no closer to understanding why people love Boba Fett. He says basically nothing in the whole film, does nothing useful bar follow the Falcon to Cloud City, and dies the death of a total chump in Jedi. If we're talking cool guys who go under the radar, the conversation starts and ends with Wedge.

• Like 1

Fett gets talked up a lot during the films, and for me, I was always disappointed that we didn't get to see more from this lethal bounty hunter that Han Solo is rivals with. Then the Expanded Universe started filling in the blanks and really running with Fett, which cemented him as a character I love.

If you're going strictly by the movies though, they sure do tell us a lot about how dangerous he is, but they don't really show it. It's almost like Vince McMahon got to write for Fett.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've also been on a film re-watch in anticipation for it, I did still include the prequel trilogy just because I've got that much free time for a couple of days and I'm not doing Awakens since we're going to the 3d double bill tomorrow night. So many little things you notice on rewatches with the original films and can appreciate even when you've seen them umpteen times before.