Hollywood Mogul Thread

MalaCloudy Black

Meh, I figured it'd be best to have a thread to discuss HM problems/saves/etc similar to the Pokemon thread.

So, first off - How is your save going? I'm 25 million in debt right now (yay.) and releasing an Action/Adventure flick in April 2009.

And what's your biggest surprise film? I let Halle Berry write, produce, and star in a film - I figured it would flop - But I cast Johnny Depp opposite her in the leading male role, Angelina Jolie and Ewan McGregor were the co-stars. The film made just under $70 million in North America and over $200 million overseas (It was an Action/Adventure flick called "Executive Privelege".)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shop purchase I believe, as i've wanted to play it multiple times but don't want to shill out cash for it.

http://www.hollywood-mogul.com/

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=517

It says here it was released in 1997, but I guess it still holds up today, unless it's an older copy or such. There's also a link to a TV Mogul near the bottom, which would rock also.

Guest John Cena

My opinion is that for films like comedies or dramas you should spend anywhere from 30 to 50 mil. As for Action/Adventure and Sci-Fi films, I just throw a ton of cash at it and hope it does well :P. Horror films require somewhere in between the other genres but I haven't figured it out yet.

As for Action/Adventure and Sci-Fi films, I just throw a ton of cash at it and hope it does well

it's best to release those in the Summer months too, like June through August.

Hey Cloudy, was it my tip that helped you 'get' (onto) the game? ;)

Well, yes and no. I was talking to lafunk about it and he...found...some...things...for me and I got the game.

:shifty:

Meh, i've cranked about one really great movie out, and it was a comedy that took place in a department store/grocery store where the employee of the month (Seth Green) becomes the hero who saves everyone. He starred alongside some actress I never knew the name of, but all the ones young enough wanted rewrites. The movie was directed and produced by Clint Eastwood, yes it was odd.

Are there any good Talent Files out there other than the one I can get off the message boards?

Copyright issues, it's just like TEW. You have to download talent files from fansites. You can find a link to some fansites on the HM Board.

Meh, i've cranked about one really great movie out, and it was a comedy that took place in a department store/grocery store where the employee of the month (Seth Green) becomes the hero who saves everyone. He starred alongside some actress I never knew the name of, but all the ones young enough wanted rewrites. The movie was directed and produced by Clint Eastwood, yes it was odd.

Are there any good Talent Files out there other than the one I can get off the message boards?

Sorry for the double reply, but i've been able to pry myself away from the game, and i've finally got the hang of it. Best movie ever?

Walking Tall > 1,506,959,000 Worldwide Box Office release.

And Sean Connery retired to go to a nudist colony. :shifty:

Is there anyway to keep the game fresh after years upon years? I mean, i've been playing so long people are dropping left and right, and i'm not sure how much longer i'll be able to play.