Justified

Maxx

Because damn it, Raylan deserves his own thread finally.

Just finished the first episode of Season 4 and I'm loving what they're setting up so far. Can't wait for the interaction between Boyd and Billy.

So how many of you thought that I'd be the one to start this topic? <_<

I too loved the episode (Raylan shooting the airbag and then his dialogue about assholes were both tremendous) and I'm definitely curious about this season since they are going a slightly different route by not having one big bad for an entire season, instead focusing on smaller arcs while also having the season-long mystery arc with the diplomatic bag and the parachutist.

We need to talk more about how awesome Patton Oswalt is as Constable Bob.

This.

Patton Oswalt was probably the best part about it for me. I didn't feel this was anywhere near as strong an opening as the introduction of Mags or Quarles/Limehouse. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, but I didn't really feel it was as strong an opener as it could have been.

We need to talk more about how awesome Patton Oswalt is as Constable Bob.

That too! His constant "go bag" talk was great.

Apparently he was supposed to have a smaller part last season but his schedule didn't allow it so he ended up having to put off coming onto the show until this season and he ended up being Constable Bob.

Also quit being lame TKz! :angry:

Yeah last night's episode was amazing. Walton Goggins needs an Emmy and he needs it ASAP. He's tremendous as Boyd Crowder and if anybody was on the fence about that (though they shouldn't be at this point), the scene between him and the new preacher should be proof enough.

Yep, that scene between Boyd and the new Preacher was fucking amazing. I'm really interested in seeing what's going to go down between Boyd and the Preacher's Sister, because she looks like she's the one in charge. And the crazy redneck/white trash family was pretty funny, Raylan snatching the gun away from the boy was great.

While the most interesting thing for me remains the whole deal with Waldo Truth, I think the feud that's brewing between Boyd and Father Kid From Jurassic Park is gonna lead to some wonderful wonderful things.

Ermmm

Not a fan of Billy being killed off, I was really hoping we'd get a season worth of interaction between him and Boyd. I also figured they wouldn't pull the trigger on the Randal thing this early as well. Seems like they wrapped up the big side stories in a hurry.

Ermmm

Not a fan of Billy being killed off, I was really hoping we'd get a season worth of interaction between him and Boyd. I also figured they wouldn't pull the trigger on the Randal thing this early as well. Seems like they wrapped up the big side stories in a hurry.

Yeah I was kinda surprised that Billy's dead already but it seems like his death will have repercussions what with Ellen May disappearing and probably going to Billy's sister for help. Surprised as I was though, you have to keep in mind what I said in my first post of this thread because they ARE going for shorter arcs this year while the mystery around the bag/Drew Thompson is the season-long arc.

I don't know, I can't really see how they'd have continued the Randall storyline any longer than they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Really dug Tuesday's episode, I'm really interested in seeing what's going to happen with the Drew Thompson story, and the Ellen May stuff, but I wish they hadn't ended the Billy storyline so soon, it seemed like there was more they could have done there, especially with the sister.

First weak episode of the season I'd say. I found it very disjointed. The Grantland review breaks it down much better than I can: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/68132/justified-season-4-episode-6-foot-chase

It does mention the exact same big question I had

How the hell do Raylan and Shelby find the guys who took Josiah? I thought the torrent I downloaded had messed up and dropped a scene, that's how out of nowhere their discovery was.

I kind of stayed away from this because I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Olyphantastic - but at the same time, I recently finished The Shield and I am a huge Walter Goggins fan... I'm ready to start with Justified because I trust absolutely anything that FX puts out.. my question is this.

How is Goggins in this?