Ni no Kuni

LUKIE

I dunno. Haven't seen much advertisement for it. I kind of feel like it's probably going to slip under the radar over here, at least at first. I hope so anyway. I didn't need to pre-order either of the last Final Fantasy games, I can't imagine I'll need to for this.

TKz's future:

"Hi, I'd like a copy of Ni no Kuni please."
"..."
"..."
"Can you repeat that?"
"Ni no Kuni."
"Never heard of it. Hang on a second, Dave? Have you ever heard of Nee Nor Kuni? Oh, we only have one copy and someone pre-ordered that. We can put it on hold I suppose in case they don't pick it up..."

My girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition at HMV. HMV were told to stop taking pre-orders shortly afterwards, as they had reached their allocation. Nearly two months later, HMV went into administration, and have barely been receiving any new stock.

So we're not sure if she's going to get it or not. If she doesn't, I pity the poor sod on the phone at Deloittes.

Incidentally, when I was a kid, Ni no Kuni is exactly how I imagined video games would look in the future. I never once wanted photo-realism, and realistic physics or anything else that too many developers strive for at the expense of fun - I wanted it to look, and feel, like I was playing a beautifully drawn cartoon.

Im hoping Asda/Tesco have this first thing Friday morning. Ive got the day off and it would be perfect. I nearly buckled and preordered from Amazon. They saved me the agonizing wait for the postman though by being out of stock for the immediate future.

Edited by ZJ Penn