Ni no Kuni

LUKIE

I grinded the alchemy trophy while leveling up for the S-rank. There are some familiars than can cast revive I just can't recall them off the top of my head.

I've seen people looking for this a lot, it's funny because the second familiar you ever get has this ability. Dumbelmeur or whatever. I thought it kind of sucked you couldn't get a spell that did it though, or a song or whatever. How'd you find S-Rank, Clawson? I pretty much had to spam Thunderstorm for the golden familiars and hope for the best.

Are you post-game or have you done all the side stuff up to a point in the story?

If your post game Id probably drop it. I really wanted the platinum but alchemy is the fatal combination of random and busywork.

If your doing the plot, killing a couple of Tokos/Tokotokos should set you right. Grinding them for an hour pretty much kills any difficulty the main quest offers though so know when to stop :P

Edited by ZJ Penn

Yeah that bit can be tricky if you deviate slightly off course. I think I just went straight to the next plot point in a line from Castaway Cove. Going west or north will give you tougher fights the further and further you go, as will landing at places your not expected at yet.

You shouldnt really need to grind at all if your keeping up with side stuff, the exp of enemies isnt really that great throughout.

Do you have the all out attack/defend commands yet? Theyre vital to having control over three party members and having some degree of strategy in battles.

With a Dinoceros, is it worthwhile giving it slightly worse equipment so as not to mess up its accuracy? Right now its strength is through the roof but it cant hit anything. Or does its accuracy catch up?

I ended up with a Hammer that didn't reduce Aim. (Probably not the one you're thinking of, there's one that requires really rare stuff to make. Not that one) I think I HAD to make it through alchemy as part of a quest, but it's worth looking into what stuff you can make. Dino is pretty sweet even with crappy gear, so it's definitely worth not giving up the aim. Also definitely don't equip any armor to it. It's got a high enough defense anyway, doesn't need it.

The one from Yule is pretty sweet too, +50 damage with no Aim penalty. I think it was the Steam Hammer that I ended up making and using, though. In the last few stages I had two Dino's though, both at like... 500 Attack. Overkill to say the least. >_>

Yeah I have a hammer thats +80 and no aim penalty, might be the steam hammer. Right now my Hercules has it but Id gladly trade it. Where did you get a second? Im sure Ive seen them, maybe on the plateau areas, like round the Trials Temple?

Yeah I have a hammer thats +80 and no aim penalty, might be the steam hammer. Right now my Hercules has it but Id gladly trade it. Where did you get a second? Im sure Ive seen them, maybe on the plateau areas, like round the Trials Temple?

Yeah, there's loads on the raised areas behind the Temple of Trials. It'd really be easy to get pretty much a full team of them. If you find there aren't any spawning, just use Gateway twice and it'll reset all of the spawned enemies. I just did that over and over.

Out of curiosity, what others are strong post game? I assume the skeleton must be a late bloomer, because thats a great final character model wasted otherwise. Hullaballoon has been good for me too.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Out of curiosity, what others are strong post game? I assume the skeleton must be a late bloomer, because thats a great final character model wasted otherwise. Hullaballoon has been good for me too.

Which way did you take the Skeleton? I can't check what I picked right now, but with a Celestial Sword my Bone guy would have been an equal to my Dino, if not for Dino's ability to use War Cry, followed by Psych Up/Go Wild and he do 300 damage a hit. He's pretty damn good. The two spell casters you get through the course of the game are pretty great for magic, the little fairy and the fat duck. I had them at about 400 Magic Attack by the end. Though apparently a maxed out Honky Tonker WITHOUT a weapon equipped has like 420 Magic Attack.

I have the fairy and the Puss in Boots as my main team, but they tail off in the later levels, as does the drongo. I also use the shark from Ding Dong Well, whose Phantom Fang is great, and the Hercules Swain starts with. Plus the couple I mentioned earlier. My teams rounded out with an Idler and Mitey, but these are more because I couldnt be arsed to train others up and they were around Lv.70.

My skeletons the final evolution with the kind of goats head? You see them roaming the ivory tower I think.

Edited by ZJ Penn