Ni no Kuni

LUKIE

It came out on the 22nd here so it took me over a week and I'm unemployed. Took me 50 hours of game time to beat the main story and more side quests unlock after beating the main game. I'm probably gonna spend enough time to Platinum it.

And I'd spend $100 on it. 40 is a bargain for this. It reminds me of FFIX but better Benji. Yes I said better...

I'd like to pick this up sometime since it does look gorgeous and i like collecting these exclusives but this seems far to niche to plummet in price like most releases nowadays.

My local GAME just didn't have any stock. At all. They weren't even sold out. Fuck I hate GAME. :(

Now I'll have to wait until Friday to get it, but I'm not so bothered - I'll just buy it online elsewhere. Where they're not charging £45 for the standard edition! :/

Yeah GAME arent stocking it as far as I can see. As well as Tesco, Asda, Argos and pretty much everywhere else. I finally got a copy from Grainger Games of all places for £40.

As for the game, it looks and sounds wonderful. The plot is very generic and so childish its almost sickly. But its also very deep in some ways and Oliver is a good protagonist, although Im finding the sidekick to be a mixed bag.

I love the game play though. It definitely holds your hand too much, to the point I am trying to second guess the puzzles to avoid the tutorials and pointing, but when it gives you free roam its splendid. Theres plenty to do and even though some of it is busy work side tasks feel worthwhile and a nice distraction.

Obviously the familiars are the big part of the game and I can definitely see myself putting lots of hours into it. That said, I only have two right now and Im hitting the problem I knew I would in that Im so attached to Mitey that I barely use the new one...

But yeah, great game from the 5 hours Ive played so far, well worth full price if your into Pokemon or traditional RPGs. And it seems like the main plot is going to be very easy, with the hunts providing the challenge, so my girlfriend can play too and we get twice the value out of it.

Edited by ZJ Penn

I've ended up getting it on the PSN! But TKz, that's £10 more expensive than most retail places will be selling it, I hear you say.

Checked in GAME before doing this: they still haven't gotten any stock in, but they HAVE raised the price from the £45 they were selling to £50. So eh. At this point, I just want the fucking game and I don't want to wait for shopto to get more stock.

So, my girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition of this at HMV (where she works) in November. By December, HMV were told they couldn't order any more as they'd reached their assigned amount or whatever.

HMV went into administration, and many - if not all - outstanding orders were cancelled. As she works there, she hadn't put down a deposit, so there was no way of chasing it up or anything. So she's spent the last few days in a mad panic trying to get hold of the special edition from anywhere else; she ordered a copy from an eBay seller, only to find out the next day that they had been let down, and had been contacted by the supplier to say that they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order - something which apparently has been quite common with orders for the special edition, which just seem to have been a colossal fuck-up.

She has now ordered it for a ridiculous sum of money from Amazon marketplace, but jeez, I'm going to be sick of this fucking game before I even play it >_>

I've played some of it! God damn this game is lovely. I can't help but feel like it's going to have a heartbreaking ending!

I kinda wish it'd allow for a bit more grinding, though. >_> I realize I'm only on the first hour of gameplay, but dammit, I want to spend an extra hour getting 5 levels higher than I should be. >_>