A New TEW10 Real World Update - Progress Thread

Alright guys here is the September preview of the database, beyond the usual updates and fixes Ive added in Wrestle-1 and Wrestling Is as well as removed Wrestling is Fun (combined with Wrestling Is) and Chikara (who became Wrestling Is).

I have also been adding in some title defences for WWE and TNA titles, the WWE Cruiserweight, WWE Divas, WWE ECW, WWE Light Heavyweight, WWE World Heavyweight, TNA Knockout, TNA Knockout Tag Team, and TNA World Heavyweight have full histories and the WWE title has defences back to the first champion of 2000. I am also only taking into account televised defences which mean Ill probably only do title histories post WrestleMania just for simplicity.

There are also some new titles in the free bracket which are

- 1PW Heavyweight

- 1PW Tag Team

- 1PW Openweight

- 3PW Heavyweight

- 3PW Tag Team

- AWA World Heavyweight

- AWA World Tag Team

- AWA World Women's

- FIP Florida Heritage (current champion is listed in the history)

- FIP Tag Team (current champion is listed in the history)

- FIP World Heavyweight (current champion is listed in the history)

- FWA Tag Team

- IWA Mid-South Heavyweight

- IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight

- Wrestling Society X

- WWWA All-Pacific

- WWWA World

- WWWA World Tag Team

- XPW European

- XPW King of the Deathmatch

- XPW Television

- XPW World Heavyweight

- XPW World Tag Team

- XWA British Flyweight

- XWA British Heavyweight

Download: TEW10 September 13 Preview

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to let people know this is not dead, I have been a bit busy while working on this so chances are I’ll hold off the next preview till November. It’s starting to feel like a full mod so hopefully the next update will probably be the end of these previews, the only thing lacking is in areas such as chemistry, teams, move sets and dojo graduates.

On another note I am thinking of converting Pro Wrestling EVE into Bellatrix, simply because EVE hasn’t run shows since May/June and Bellatrix is currently more active and does iPPV’s and has links with Shimmer and Femme Fatales.

• 1 month later...

Just to let people know this is not dead, I have been a bit busy while working on this so chances are I’ll hold off the next preview till November. It’s starting to feel like a full mod so hopefully the next update will probably be the end of these previews, the only thing lacking is in areas such as chemistry, teams, move sets and dojo graduates.

On another note I am thinking of converting Pro Wrestling EVE into Bellatrix, simply because EVE hasn’t run shows since May/June and Bellatrix is currently more active and does iPPV’s and has links with Shimmer and Femme Fatales.

How's the mod coming along?

I'm doing a massive fix up, basically because I couldent be bothered doing profiles before hand I'm going through the entire database doing a basic wikipedia style intro (name, date of birth, place of birth). On top of that in a second database I have been building as a side project I thought a lower general population would be a lot more realistic so I'm dropping people who mostly have 10 pop in one region down to 5. Hopefully there will be a release either next weekend of the first week of December.

EDIT

Also on top of that I've revamped and improved on the gimmick file.

Edited by TheWho87

In regards to gimmicks I'm doing something that was suggested on the GDS forums for TEW13, in short its to have gimmicks split into the different styles TEW so to use the Cowboy gimmick as an example I currently have versions for Brute, Comedy and Gimmicky. A lot of other gimmicks have logical variants the only downsides is some have slightly broken the gimmick links with workers and contracts so I'm also having to fix them as well.

Any suggesgions to fix/change gimmicks and rosters from the current rosters in the DB would be helpful, I dont watch much WWE & TNA these days so might have missed a few things.

Here is the long awaited December update a few major changes, you will notice that a lot of general indie workers have a lower base popularity, it was dropped from ten down to five. This shouldnt be that big an effect just means you have to work more to bring up the indie guys in terms of popularity, plus gives me a bit more room to give them popularity in each region before they start getting to EX-WWE levels.

I have also updated and refined the gimmick file there is now versions of each gimmick in the different styles TEW has, some did get broken in the change so if any look off mention and Ill change.

There is an increased worker list for Europe and please bear in mind I only watch/follow WWE and TNA infrequently so they may have some roster/gimmick inaccuracies.

Im also considering cutting some of the following promotions due to either inactivity, infrequent shows or hard to come across results.

- Canadian Wrestling's Elite - Possibly replaced by Alpha-1 or BattleWar

- Fight Club PRO

- Heartland Wrestling Association

- Irish Whip Wrestling - Possibly replaced by wrestling.ie

- Pro Wrestling EVE - Possibly replaced by Bellatrix.

- Resistance Pro Wrestling

- Traditional Championship Wrestling

And finally this may be listed as a preview sill but its fully playable, I have a backlist of pics to sort out so my plan is to do a pic pack along with Januarys update and to start things off there.

Download: TEW10 December 13 Preview

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

Enjoying the mod so far, it converted to TEW 13 without any data errors so that was awesome.

I think you still have D Bryan listed as a heel though, but I am not sure since I don't have the game open.

One thing I was thinking about doing in my save was to make all the US Indy companies as touring. I figured since they don't run shows every month IRL and when they do run a show they usually run multiple events, I figured it would make sense to give them a touring schedule. Especially with companies like CZW or ROH who has a TV show but in reality its just highlight show and in order for them to replicate that in game they would have to be a touring company with a TV show deal for it to become a highlight show and not a show that you book every week.

Just a thought, Not saying you should do the same with this mod.

Edited by SirMichaelJordan

Thats not how the touring system works, its meant to represent the Japanese system of brining in talent for a month or so. Also you cannot have a promotion touring more than 10 months a year and most US indie promotions run every month of the year.

As for rosters I dont watch WWE and TNA as much these days and some of the alignments and gimmicks may not be correct.

Thats not how the touring system works, its meant to represent the Japanese system of brining in talent for a month or so. Also you cannot have a promotion touring more than 10 months a year and most US indie promotions run every month of the year.

As for rosters I dont watch WWE and TNA as much these days and some of the alignments and gimmicks may not be correct.

Oh yes I know that its meant for Japan and how Japan works. Im not sure about TEW 10 but in 13 you can sign guys as PPA deals or written deals with touring companies and the AI does the same depending if the guy is a free lancer or not.

I was looking on cagematch.com and it seem that a lot of Indy promotions went on hiatus for a couple months. The only company that really ran shows consitently was ROH and even they skipped a few months and even ran multiple events in the same month.

The fact a promotion doesnt run a a month or so here and there isnt really a logical reason to turn them to touring because the months they dont run tend to change from year to year.

That also reminds me I really should turn the Japanese promotions to touring.

How smooth is the transfer to TEW13 for this? I noticed a ton of wrestlers spoke basic french in another mod, which made me want to punch myself because I'm a stickler when it comes to cosmetic stuff. I'm assuming it was a result of being transferred from TEW10, so just wondering if anyone knows any specific changes I'd have to tweak myself to make sure it's good to go for TEW13.

How smooth is the transfer to TEW13 for this? I noticed a ton of wrestlers spoke basic french in another mod, which made me want to punch myself because I'm a stickler when it comes to cosmetic stuff. I'm assuming it was a result of being transferred from TEW10, so just wondering if anyone knows any specific changes I'd have to tweak myself to make sure it's good to go for TEW13.

There would be less problems with conversion between TEW10 and TEW13, the only issues might be in areas that were added for TEW13 but I don't think there would be that much since alot of the core systems are very simalar.

The issue with Europeans and languages shouldent be a problem, I don't think they were changed in the different version and the problem you mention would have happened when convetting a database that was created before the extended nationalities/languages.

There would be less problems with conversion between TEW10 and TEW13, the only issues might be in areas that were added for TEW13 but I don't think there would be that much since alot of the core systems are very simalar.

The issue with Europeans and languages shouldent be a problem, I don't think they were changed in the different version and the problem you mention would have happened when convetting a database that was created before the extended nationalities/languages.

Sounds good, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on releasing an update for January, it will probs come out at some point next week with my pic pack, I dont want to give a date cause my current plan is to go through all the promotions and update years of service for all the promotions and might set aside some promotions for removal, they will probs stay in for the update and get removed afterwards.

So far I'm looking to cut the following promotions

- Australasian Wrestling Federation

- Canadian Wrestling's Elite

- Explosive Pro Wrestling

- Heartland Wrestling Association

- International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom

- Irish Whip Wrestling

- Juggalo Championship Wrestling

- Pro Wrestling EVE

- Resistance Pro Wrestling

- Traditional Championship Wrestling

They will still be in the next update but I won't update their info and then remove them for the following month, I want to remove these and add in some more active and important promotions.

Edited by TheWho87