2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superbowl baby!

Honestly, we're not getting the #1 pick now, and we could finish with 5 or 6 wins at this rate. Nothing I can do about that so I'll just cheer my team on, and get excited for next season.

The team is looking much better since the bye week which is a big thing for a rookie HC and our rookies are making plays (and INT each for 2nd and 3rd round DB's, 4th round WR had a great game and a nice PR) which excited me even more because it looks like our new GM has an eye for talent and isn't an idiot (we've got like, 10 picks in this upcoming draft).

Unlike the dumbfuck who came before him who gave up and FIRST and a SECOND for a project QB, then released our starter the day before the season and threw in the rookie.

Why do I continue to pay for Sunday ticket? I almost never watch the Bills games in December since they're always out of contention by then.

I should try to get 30% off my bill or something.

Fucking Bills. Fucking Toronto "home" game bullshit.

Fuck.

Who is everyone going for in tonight's game? I'm joining the Who Dat Nation for one night only, a Saints win tonight still gives the Niners a shot at winning the division, particularly as we play the Seahawks next week.

Ditto.

I'm glad the Giants get to stay relevant for another week. I use that term loosely though as they'd need to win their last 4 and hope Dallas and Philly get no more than 1 win each (and those two teams play each other week 17, so really one of them would need to drop their next 3). Fun to think about, but not going to happen.

In reality their year ended at 0-6, that's just too big of a hole for virtually any team to climb out of. They've done a nice job of keeping it interesting and winning last week would have only put them a game out, but with tiebreakers and upcoming schedules it still would have taken a lot to play into January. If they could have avoided some of the dumb late turnovers to go on to win, say, the first Dallas game and the Chicago game, this would be a whole new season. But obviously that didn't happen. Losing Andre Brown for 8 weeks is also proving to have been a huge loss with David "Fumble" Wilson shitting the bed.

I do like that the Giants defense has played much better of late. Yes their wins have all been against teams that have QBs who are shit or injured (or both) but at least they haven't been playing down to their competition as the Giants have against bad teams in years past. I also love Jon Beason and really hope he's back next year. He's been a great low-risk acquisition. Forgot what it's like having a capable linebacker.

Who is everyone going for in tonight's game? I'm joining the Who Dat Nation for one night only, a Saints win tonight still gives the Niners a shot at winning the division, particularly as we play the Seahawks next week.

And I'll be pulling for the Saints because FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Pete Carroll. /notredamelover

I'm glad the Giants get to stay relevant for another week. I use that term loosely though as they'd need to win their last 4 and hope Dallas and Philly get no more than 1 win each (and those two teams play each other week 17, so really one of them would need to drop their next 3). Fun to think about, but not going to happen.

In reality their year ended at 0-6, that's just too big of a hole for virtually any team to climb out of. They've done a nice job of keeping it interesting and winning last week would have only put them a game out, but with tiebreakers and upcoming schedules it still would have taken a lot to play into January. If they could have avoided some of the dumb late turnovers to go on to win, say, the first Dallas game and the Chicago game, this would be a whole new season. But obviously that didn't happen. Losing Andre Brown for 8 weeks is also proving to have been a huge loss with David "Fumble" Wilson shitting the bed.

I do like that the Giants defense has played much better of late. Yes their wins have all been against teams that have QBs who are shit or injured (or both) but at least they haven't been playing down to their competition as the Giants have against bad teams in years past. I also love Jon Beason and really hope he's back next year. He's been a great low-risk acquisition. Forgot what it's like having a capable linebacker.

Beason seems like he's returning to form and is the best MLB we've had in a long time, the guy still has good speed considering he tore his Achilles just two seasons ago, and for a 7th rounder you can't beat the price.

He also signed a 5 year deal two years ago so he should be around for a other 2 seasons.