2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're going to be fine either way. Draft Bridgewater and you get a potential franchise QB. Draft Clowney and you have a pass rush with him and JJ Watt, that's pretty fantastic.

Their owner said they prefer someone with head coaching experience and definitely want someone with NFL experience. Who's the coordinator-du-jor this year?

Sumlin just signed a big extension with A&M as well.

As far as Maxx's question, Jay Gruden(Cin OC) was interviewed for quite a few openings last year. Then there's always his brother or Lovie Smith.

Not like a college coach (in football or basketball) hasn't left after signing an extension, before

Not like it doesn't at least decrease the probability of him leaving, though.

Even if he did, I don't think it'd be a good fit for either side.

Not like a college coach (in football or basketball) hasn't left after signing an extension, before

Not like it doesn't at least decrease the possibility of him leaving, though.

Yeah, good point, but I still wouldn't see him leaving for Houston

I feel bad for Gary Kubiak. Yes he was always going to be fired after this beyond shitty year. But between the stroke incident and the fact that he's been there 8 years, I don't see why he couldn't finish out the final 3 games. If the Texans were going to promote a fresh young mind into the head coaching role for 3 games, that'd be one thing. But you're just kinda throwing a retread in to keep the seat warm. I would certainly hope that Wade Phillips isn't actually a candidate to get a full-time head coaching gig in 2014.