[TEW 13] Ruthless Aggression: January 2004 BETA 0.9 RELEASED! (02/04/2014)

IDOL

I did a one month simulation and I would consider lowering most of your promotion's popularity. For example, TNA is drawing 25,000 fans to their weekly pay-per-views. Dropping them to 40 in the South East (and lowering their popularity in other regions proportionately) saw them draw from 2,000-5,000 fans, which is much more realistic (although still higher than the attendance they actually drew from what I can find). I dropped Ring of Honor to 28 in the Tri State area and they still drew 1,000 fans for a sellout, which is right around what they were drawing (500 to 1,500 ish depending on the region). At 15, PWG drew 250 fans to their show, which is above what they were drawing in 2004 (under 200). Anyways, those are just my opinions and obviously if you drop one promotion you will have to drop the others proportionately.

Here are some little things to change:

• Change ROH's Anniversary Show to "2" instead of "3"
  • This is a personal choice, but I would change all of WWE's events (sans WrestleMania) to be normal or above average only to stop them from having 40,000 fans to the Royal Rumble.
  • Change "Wrestlemania" to "WrestleMania"
  • Wrestling World should be set to either Highly Regarded or Historic and have Season Finale checked

If I can find any more I will let you know.

Thus far I would say this is my favourite mod made yet (in terms of balance) so thank you very much for that. :)

Edited by Kevin Elliott
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress? Need any help?

Some changes to CZW:

Roster:

Add John House (colour commentator) (need to add into game) (Heel)

Add Eric Gargiulo (announcer) (Face)

also add a good chemistry between them

Add Brian Logan (referee)

Add Rob Hartog (referee)

Add Bryce Remsburg (referee) (also to IWA-MS and CHIKARA)

Roster Positions:

Dustin Lee should be an Opener

Rick Feinberg, Niles Young, Derek Frazier, Cory Kastle, Jude and GQ should be lower midcarders

DJ Hyde should be a midcarder

Lobo, Wifebeater, Nick Gage and New Jack should be main eventers

Johnny Kashmere, Alex Shelley, Trent Acid, Dan Maff, Jimmy Jacobs, Homicide and Joker should be upper midcarders

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Thanks!

I've made some big progress lately. Still have a couple of NWA promotions to add with OGPistolPetes help (NWA Quebec and NWA Florida). I've added Pro Wrestling Zero One in the last couple of days and I am working of DDT at the moment. Also going through and overhauling the locations file with PhilParents (changing the names of arenas and deleting the ones not yet built in 2004.)

WORLD_zps21f59dd6.jpg

ACT_zpsd98cb679.jpgYTO_zpsa59e45bd.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see this mod coming along, but is there any particular reason for having 1000+ relationships in the data?

It might just be me but it seems really excessive to have almost a 1:1 ratio for workers to relationships after you exclude future workers

A lot of the relationships are blood relationships, marriage, divorce and split up. I feel those are always needed. there are about 650 strong friendships including many independent workers as it is always an annoyance to me that indy guys relationships aren't reflected in mods. I stuck mostly to the rule that if they are strong friends IRL and not just acquaintances. That said, if anyone notices any relationships that need to be removed once I release the stable version, I'm open to recommendations.

I guess that makes a lot of sense and I dont know how prevalent they are in your mod but mentor and split up relationships seem to be overused a bit too IMO. By the book I think a split up should be noted only if it ended badly (so a guy like CM Punk shouldnt have like 6 for instance). And a lot of mods give people mentor relationships if a guy just helped another a few times which is wrong.

That being said I'm really looking forward to this and I'm glad to see the progress.

I guess that makes a lot of sense and I dont know how prevalent they are in your mod but mentor and split up relationships seem to be overused a bit too IMO. By the book I think a split up should be noted only if it ended badly (so a guy like CM Punk shouldnt have like 6 for instance). And a lot of mods give people mentor relationships if a guy just helped another a few times which is wrong.

That being said I'm really looking forward to this and I'm glad to see the progress.

I have maybe a handful of the mentor relationships - it's something I really didn't want to overuse. If someone is really close with their trainer, but the trainer wouldn't really go out of their way totally to help them in the extent that mentor relationship implies, I went with strong friendship. I think there are only 2 split up relationships right now.

Any clue on when you plan on releasing next version of the beta? or will you do so at all?

It's looking likely in 2-3 weeks. Still have quite a bit to do, but I have found more time to focus on this lately.

I have maybe a handful of the mentor relationships - it's something I really didn't want to overuse. If someone is really close with their trainer, but the trainer wouldn't really go out of their way totally to help them in the extent that mentor relationship implies, I went with strong friendship. I think there are only 2 split up relationships right now.

Any clue on when you plan on releasing next version of the beta? or will you do so at all?

It's looking likely in 2-3 weeks. Still have quite a bit to do, but I have found more time to focus on this lately.

Sounds good to me. This already has a potential to be great, so if you take your time with this like you do, this could end up being an excellent database. .

What other kinds of help do you need?

If you would want to start A blank database and add IWS so I could import the promotion, workers and title histories that would be awesome. Japan has been relatively easy thanks to LUKIE letting me use his database much in the same way.

I added FWA in England and the majority of their roster but need help with the following:

Who were the announcers for FWA?

Who were the referees for FWA?

FWA added completely.

Moving on to the promotions OGPistolPete had worked out rosters for (NWA: Florida and NWA:Quebec).

FWA added completely.

Moving on to the promotions OGPistolPete had worked out rosters for (NWA: Florida and NWA:Quebec).

Did you also include the FWA Academy, they were a development promotion/traning school for the promotion mostly run by Mark Sloan from Portsmouth, most of their shows had a mix of FWA talent and rookies.

I'd also reccomend the following as they were the only promotions who had some weight in the UK at the time, All Star Wrestling, NWA UK Hammerlock and World Association of Wrestling.

And depending on how accurate you want it to be you could add The Wrestling Channel as a small TV network for the UK, it didnt start up till March but it was a dedicated wrestling channel.

I actually just saw that you had added them to the spreadsheet you sent. I can cover them now :)

Did you also include the FWA Academy, they were a development promotion/traning school for the promotion mostly run by Mark Sloan from Portsmouth, most of their shows had a mix of FWA talent and rookies.

I'd also reccomend the following as they were the only promotions who had some weight in the UK at the time, All Star Wrestling, NWA UK Hammerlock and World Association of Wrestling.

And depending on how accurate you want it to be you could add The Wrestling Channel as a small TV network for the UK, it didnt start up till March but it was a dedicated wrestling channel.

I haven't looked at FWA Academy yet but I plan to add All Star and NWA: UK Hammerlock. I will look into WAW as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Ruthless_Aggression_cover.jpg
Ruthless Aggression: January 2014
TEW 2013 Mod

Current Version: BETA 0.9
(Next release will be STABLE 1.0)
Download:

After starting this project a year ago to this date, I’m reaching completion. I have just put up the links to the very latest (and last) BETA version of the mod. In a few weeks, I should have what I need to finish done and I will put up the first stable release.
Here is a list of the promotions that are included:
Canada:
- Border City Wrestling
- Canadian Wrestling Alliance (NWA Quebec)
- Internet Wrestling Syndicate
- STAMPEDE Wrestling
USA:
- All Pro Wrestling
- Chaotic Wrestling
- Chikara Pro
- Combat Zone Wrestling
- CyberSpace Wrestling Federation
- East Coast Wrestling Association
- IWA Mid-South
- Jersey All Pro Wrestling
- Juggalo Championshit Wrestling
- Major League Wrestling
- No Limits Wrestling (NWA No Limits)
- NWA Wildside
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
- Pro Wrestling Iron
- Pro Pain Pro Wrestling
- Ring of Honor
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Ultimate Pro Wrestling
- World Wrestling League
- World Wrestling Entertainment
Mexico:
- Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
United Kingdom:
- All Star Wrestling
- Frontier Wrestling Alliance
Japan:
- All Japan Pro-Wrestling
- Dramatic Dream Team
- Kaientai Dojo
- New Japan Pro-Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Zero-One
- Pro-Wrestling NOAH
All of the above promotions are completed included rosters, events, championships, title histories and more.
Inactive/Future Promotions:
- Apache Pro Wrestling (Japan)
- AWA Superstars of Wrestling (USA)
- Deep South Wrestling (USA)
- Exodus Wrestling Alliance (USA)
- Firestorm Pro (USA)
- HULKAMANIA Wrestling Federation (USA, Created)
- Insane Championship Wrestling (Scotland)
- International Pro Wrestling: UK (UK)
- New European Championship Wrestling (Germany)
- Preston City Wrestling (UK)
- Ric Flair Promotions (USA, Created)
- SHIMMER Women’s Athletes (USA)
- Smoky Mountain Wrestling (USA)
- Squared Circle Wrestling (USA)
- World Wrestling All-Stars (Australia)
- Wrestling Society X (USA)
- X Wrestling Federation (USA)
- Xtreme Pro Wrestling (USA)
All of the above promotions have their titles set to debut with the companies. In the case of potential returning companies like XWF and SMW, they have their title histories with them.
Defunct Promotions:
- World Championship Wrestling
Work In Progress:
Employment History:
- I am nearly complete with the WCW alumni, and will be moving on to ECW and other defunct promotions after that. Since this is really just a cosmetic sort of thing, it takes a back seat but will be addressed in future updates.
Promotions:
Championship Wrestling From Florida (NWA Florida)
Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling
Full Impact Pro
NWA:UK Hammerlock
World Wrestling Council
Notes:
- I took a few liberties with the NWA Alliance. Canadian Wrestling Federation, though not yet officially an NWA member would morph into NWA: Quebec by the end of the year so I have them set up a bit early.
- The same thing can be said about The CyberSpace Wrestling Federation, which became NWA: CyberSpace later in the year. In their case it was practically a done deal by the time the game starts as they already had a working relationship with TNA.
- You will notice most of the NWA members do not have NWA in front of their names (TNA for instance is in as Total Nonstop Action Wrestling instead of NWA Total Nonstop Action). This is purely for cosmetic reasons, as companies can leave or be dropped from an alliance in game and it doesn’t make much sense for them to be carrying NWA call letters if thats the case. A notable exception is NWA Wildside who really don’t have an alternative name unless I put them in as “Wildside Wrestling.”
A few relationships you may want to remove: Vince McMahon and Sting have a Simmering Tension relationship as to keep WWE from signing Sting. The same can be said for Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar who both have simmering tensions with Vince to get them to leave within the three month period they did in real life. Simply delete these relationships before a game if you don’t want them applied.
- Everyone in game should have a worker image. I have used a filler image that shows a black outline of a person against the background for anyone I could not find a decent image of. If anybody notices this and finds a picture of a worker I am missing, please post it in this thread and I’ll add the photo to the pack.
- Lastly, if you play this, please report any mistakes or bugs in this thread so I can fix them. Suggestions are welcome as well. :)

• Like 2