The New Kit Thread

I'm not much of a football shirt buyer. I might get the new Kilmarnock top every couple of years for football training and I'll usually get a strip for a souvenir if I go somewhere for a holiday or whatever. So not much of a buyer of football shirts.

Still, I really really really want this:

russia-adidas-techfit-10-12-shirt.jpg

Looking at the shirt on Kitbag, it looks like those dark bits have been taken off. Definitely makes it look better, especially if you were going to have a name on the back.

prd_maxzoom_kb-63748.jpg

EDIT: Just realised that is for the £45 version. You can buy the £99 one that the actual players wear that still has the dark bits on.

Edited by Dynamite

But it gives you:

- 1.1% increased sprinting speed

- Improved posture, enhanced accuracy and repeatability through increased spatial awareness.

- 5.3% improved strength, body posture and overall average output.

- 4% improved vertical jump height.

- 0.8% increased efficiency and improved spatial awareness by decreasing oxygen consumption by 0.8%.

Which will no doubt come in very useful when I'm sat on the sofa shouting at the tele.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not the kind of person who buys a new home kit every season (I don't usually buy away kits either, but made an exception for last year's black and white one on grounds of sheer sexiness). I've only bought two in the last 10 years, and my current one is from 2006. In that sense I've felt I'm due a new one for a little while. Unfortunately this season's had the awful 'sports bra motif', which immediately disqualified it.

This new Chelsea strip is a bit unremarkable. Obviously we can ignore the apparent skin-tightness because the ones on sale won't be like that. However, the fact that it is a bit unremarkable, or plain, is perhaps a good thing. I could buy it and happily wear it for the next 3 or 4 years without feeling the need to ditch it ASAP (unless they make an awesome one somehow, sometime).

So yes, I'll be buying one.

Incidentally, here is also the new Chelsea GK kit:

cfc-69492.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95