The New Kit Thread

Totally unrelated to current discussion, but is there any real reason why loads of teams wear Claret and Blue?

Villa, Burnley, West Ham, Scunthorpe, just off the top of my head.

Why? It looks terrible. Is there some reason so many teams choose that colour? Some significance I'm not aware of? I know Villa were the first to use them, but why did the other three think it was a good idea?! There are enough colours out there...

It's like Crystal Palace with their horrendous red-and-blue stripes. If I had to pick two colours to never ever put next to each other if I could ever help it, it'd be red and blue... in any shade.

To put both points into context, I can't remember seeing a claret and blue striped Barca kit I haven't liked...

I've always quite liked claret on a footie shirt, and while I'm thinking Newcastles all time top away shirt is the claret and blue hooped effort from 95.

Also that Forest top is nice, and will look nice on the players, but I'm not convinced I could pull it off and I'm not particularly weighty. I'm not looking forward to seeing it on the typical footie fan with no sponsor to hide the beer gut.

home blue.. away blue.. i like their thinking!

Not exactly a clash though. Even if it were black, they'd probably need a white 3rd kit anyway against Chelsea and Everton.

It's a lovely shirt, but the socks are a bit silly

Agreed on the Forest shirt ... fucking class.

Also, I like ManCity's away shirt. Very nice.

manchester-city-10-11-umbro-away-kit-a.jpg

Yep. It's nice.

Wow buying that anyway!

Celtic can't make a nice kit. It's the rule.

Still no Kilmarnock away kit revealed. Hold your breath folks.

Neither can Kilmarnock pervert.gif

Edited by DJ Ice

The socks probably create an optical illusion when the player is running, like a strobing effect. It'll draw more fouls.

Or cause a few fits from players and fans with photosensitive epilepsy...

Just saw the later Sky advert with the pundits on the park pitch, loving Andy Gray making the goal smaller.

The forest kit is basically a £5 red T-Shirt from cotton trader or somewhere. Looks smart enough but wouldn't want to pay £40 for one, same as our (Swansea) shirts this year, too plain.

Ans anyone who thinks that Claret and sky blue does not work for a football shirt seriously worries me, it's one of the most elegant combinations out there as far as I'm concerned.