Tomb Raider

Benji

Line of the game when you find the first non-optional tomb:

"I hate tombs" - Lara Croft

And yuss, free for multi this weekend if you're up for it Maxx (and anyone else).

I'll be around for it on Sunday. Played some last night, it's a different animal. Deathmatch is fun, the map I was playing on was pretty cool, lots of interesting features. Cry for Help, the capture point game was much less fun. I was playing it on an awesome map, but a lot of the capture points were in places with very little cover and I just kept getting killed with arrows.

Started this earlier. Seems very fun, although it could get quite repetitive later on - hope not!

Once you get through the first hour the game opens up like crazy and it's wonderful. For some reason, I think you'll love it. I know you quite enjoyed doing all the stuff in Sleeping Dogs, for example. The game becomes this wonderful combination of the only good bit of AC3 (the parkour) and Red Dead Redemption. With some wonderful classic Tomb Raider puzzles.

I got the game working (if you have troubles with it on PC, using a nVidia card, I found the once I disable my Intel HD Graphics it worked perfectly.

The first hour or so didn't amaze me. But as soon as you get to the point of getting the backpack from the Wolves, it became wonderful. It opens up the perfect amount, not sandbox levels, but large contained levels, which I love. Linear enough for you to not get overwhelmed and lose interest, open enough to keep you invested. The only problem I have is with the QTEs. I mean, they're done well enough, but there's very little tutorial in the opening which is a huge pain to figure out what to do. Still though, exploration and combat is fantastic.

I put quite a lot in today. The good thing is that if you see places in early areas that seem to stand out, or are tantalisingly close and yet unreachable, you unlock new gear as the game goes on and you can go back to go hunting for all the bits with your newly discovered kit.

MAJOR spoiler ahead...

Roth

:crying: I'm almost certain that Grimm is not dead, but Roth dying made me sad, even if his death was hilariously preventable.

The section just before the above was really annoying (in a good way, in that it was challenging). A lot of enemies popping up from nowhere, had to basically hole up and rely on my ability to get headshots.

I'm considering picking this up today. I saw Conan play it though, and he fucked up sliding down a river and there was a very, very graphic scene of Lara getting impaled through the throat - and I lost a good deal of want I had in getting this. I don't usually get queasy from that kind of stuff but.. wow.