Tomb Raider

Benji

I'm hopefully grabbing this as soon as people start doing trade-ins at Gamestop. That way if I beat it quickly or don't like it I can return within a week for a full refund. I've learned my lesson about using Gamefly for new games, terrible service. I put one game on my queue and it still takes 2 weeks to get here.

I have a lot of HTML and PHP to sort out tonight in preparation for a meeting on Monday - but dammit, I really am loving this so far! I got to the point where I get my first gun and the camp after that, it's pretty intense and the camera is one of the best I've seen in years. In addition to that, the way that Lara moves is so natural - this is my new argument for not killing off a franchise after a few lackluster entries.

• Like 1

That sequence was awesome. This game is gorgeous, those fire effects were wonderful, I spent a bunch of time just looking around at the scenery.

is that when...

There's a guy manning a turret gun next to that light?

I shot it out and was then able to run to the room at the back of the gun to avoid being shot to pieces.

The 2nd operational tomb is a pain. I knew what I had to do, but it took about 20 attempts to execute it.

2nd tomb:

The windy one? Yeah, it's all about the timing. Took me a few attempts to work out the timing on that one.

That's it. There were times when I wasn't even being blown up high enough to leap off onto the wall. I fell short numerous times.

Also, what else can I do to the handgun? I've upgraded 6/6 parts, but it says it's only 60% upgraded. Do the other options appear later on, or have I missed something?