Tomb Raider

Benji

Yeah, the combat is really well done. I love the Bow and how the stealth is handled and I really hope they keep it for the next Tomb Raider game. I have no problem with them retconning her to using a bow more than pistols if it means the continued use of it. I love how it's just as effective as any of the other weapons too, more so even if you consider how easy it is to aim and get long distance shots. The only thing that really tops it is the shotgun for enemies that get too close.

My only problem with the game is that sometimes they kind of strip away the option of stealth. Like, most of the time you can wait and take out each guy one by one, but sometimes they'll all just stand in a circle staring at each other and it's like... well, can I sneak past them rather than have a firefight?

is that when...

There's a guy manning a turret gun next to that light?

I shot it out and was then able to run to the room at the back of the gun to avoid being shot to pieces.

The 2nd operational tomb is a pain. I knew what I had to do, but it took about 20 attempts to execute it.

Yes! That moment! Although I never even knew there was a turret until I got up around that area and saw it myself - that's how much of a ninja I was.

ALSO! In the tower when...

You get down into that room where you encounter lamps you can throw for the first time. I figured that it was there to burn the rug on the wall.

Drop into a room and a guy rushes the door, making me break off the gas. So the room is flooding with gas, he's about to break his way through and I panic.. I eventually figure out to go into the room I had come from and then I figure what the lamps were REALLY there for.

It kicked ass simply because the game didn't tell me how to do it at all. No hint boxes, no draw out section that taught me how to use them first.. I happened across it, experimented myself and came to my own conclusion. MMPH.

So... question here. I just climbed the tower and such and it dawned on me that the game is going to inevitably end with escaping the island.. duh.

So is there going to be a point where I know it's my last chance to go back and find everything?

I can't say for sure since I haven't finished it, but I seem to recall one of the reviews mentioning that you can go back and do everything you missed after the game ends too. Again, I'm not sure, but I seem to recall hearing that.

Also Srar, if you press the Tab key, then it'll bring up the map. If you've been near a tomb, it'll be on your map with a gravestone as a marker. To find it, you can toggle a waypoint and just follow that with Q.

The game straight up lets you know, "Yeah, this is the point of no return." Or at least the 360 version does. As for the tombs, you can happen upon them. The game seems to let you know automatically when your map updates with tomb locations. I got all but one of them because I couldn't figure out how to get in to the elevated one on the coastal crash site.

Have given in an ordered this - even though I knew I have no shortage of games/other such entertainment to justify a whimsical outlay of another £30...

...So I bought it with my credit card. Delaying the payment for one month makes me feel a little better about it. :shifty:

• Like 1

The feeling certainly isn't fading for me - I'm going to be sad when this one ends but I'll certainly be going back and finding absolutely everything. I know there's DLC coming.. the first batch is multiplayer.. were there any plans for single player DLC? I'd love to see it.. more of this kicks ass.

Finished it the other day. Post-game thoughts...

Game was awesome. The story left a bit to be desired (seriously, killing off the three genuinely interesting friend characters, but keeping that bitch Reyes and that ridiculous stereotype Jonah alive over the badass Grimm and the gruff mentor Roth was a bizarre choice), but it served mostly as a backdrop to an otherwise really enjoyable game. Doubt I'll go back and get all the collectibles immediately, but one day I'll play again and search for them all as I do each area.

Ohhh! I knew there were going to be fire arrows.. shit.. that probably could've made a lot of those "set fire to things then swing them around" puzzles a lot easier.

I never thought of that. I wonder if it works...

I turned it off at the point at the back of the town where there's an optional tomb, or you can just go right ahead with the game. Pretty sure you need to pull the floor out to get to that one.