Star Trek TV

Your Mom

I mean Sisko punched Q...

I was about to come in here and give the usual caveats about S1 of DS9 being a bit muddled/unpolished/poor (kind of like the S1 of most Star Trek series)...but then I remembered that even S1 has some magnificent episodes like Duet. Seriously, I love that episode.

I even love the episode when Winn debuts, even if (and possibly because?) I just want to punch her in the mouth over and over.

• Like 2

I am watching through TNG at the minute, I am just in to season 2, having not watched it for many year.  Season 1 I can summarise as having some average at best scripts that are hidden and somehow made better by a wonderful ensemble cast.

Kai Winn is such a great character

More Sisko badassery in 'For The Uniform':

Spoiler

He basically poisons a planet to apprehend a traitor.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Prime Directive be damned!

Actually, Picard goes against the Prime Directive a number of times in the first couple of seasons >_>

Watching the DS9 season 2 opener. I love the performance from the actor who plays Li Nalas, you always get that sense of unease every time someone holds him up the Bajoran ideal. Great foreshadowing for finding out how overblown his "fight" with the Gul was. Also the guy playing Minister Jaro manages to be just as punchable as Winn which is something you can't say often

Edited by hugobomb
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2016 at 07:45, Mick said:

Star Trek Beyond thoughts:

Hide contents

Meh 

It was O'Briens better than Into Darkness.

• Like 1

I found it better than Into Darkness, not as good as '09. Might enjoy it more on a rewatch. If I had to rank it compared to all the Star Trek movies it'd probably be somewhere around, like... Search For Spock/First Contact-level.

36 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I found it better than Into Darkness, not as good as '09. Might enjoy it more on a rewatch. If I had to rank it compared to all the Star Trek movies it'd probably be somewhere around, like... Search For Spock/First Contact-level.

First Contact is one of the absolute best!

Yeah I shouldn't have said First Contact since I know most Trek fans like it way more than I do. I've seen it twice, one time without and one time with having watched a bunch of TNG episodes that are Borg-related, and there's stuff I like but it's not really my cup of tea. Definitely the best TNG-era movie by a mile, though.

7 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah I shouldn't have said First Contact since I know most Trek fans like it way more than I do. I've seen it twice, one time without and one time with having watched a bunch of TNG episodes that are Borg-related, and there's stuff I like but it's not really my cup of tea. Definitely the best TNG-era movie by a mile, though.

It's not like it has tough competition though..

• Like 1