Benji

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched last weeks episode... holy shit! So glad they seem to have dropped the rule they had for Smallville where they wouldn't let them reference stuff that's been in the films. Between that and the fact Flash is going to be in the show, I think we can pretty much confirm they're being allowed to just do whatever.

Malcolm Merlyn was a member of the League of Shadows! (Guessing, but seems definitely likely!) And I guess you could figure the League accomplished their goal... Black Canary as ex-League of Shadows is pretty fun too! And the shout out to her powers in the comic with that device was sweet. Man. Everything about this show. Can't believe they actually name dropped R'as Al Ghul. I'm not sure we'll see him turn up, though.

Also! Slade Wilson seemingly disfigured a little! Here's hoping he needs an eye patch now! And that his hair somehow goes gray.

• Like 1

Deathstroke wasnt really Deathstroke! The guy from Spartacus was Deathstroke! :o

And he's both totally awesome and a dye job and an eye patch away from being the perfect Deathstroke!

Also he's the Pale Orc in The Hobbit films if you like those.

Another good episode!

Needed more Slade Wilson, but what episode doesn't?

Love the Black Canary stuff and the reveal was great. I kind of hope she stays masked most of the time, though. The actress that plays her doesn't seem to use her face to emote much. Obviously not a problem behind the mask, but without it, it's a bit less awesome. I'm also not super keen on her being a member of those pirate guys. I'm guessing they're part of the League of Shadows (and oh man I really fucking hope the body they're looking for is Ra's Al Ghul and this has something to do with the Lazarus Pits) and that at some point, that ship goes down with her on it. Something awesome though: they teased her being alive earlier in the show with her mum's appearance, but the resolution did an awesome job of putting to bed the idea she's alive.

Other things...

- Mayor was a great villain for the episode, liked the idea and the execution.

- I really hope the Laurel stuff stops soon. I get that she has a motivation for the way she's acting, but the female lead doing stupid things was way overused in Smallville... to the point that the original female lead was pretty much universally despised, especially when they decided to keep her around about 3 seasons too long, made her a main villain and still kept her around when Lois Lane turned up. I don't want to see that happen here. Though with Black Canary/Sarah turning up, I totally have no interest in Laurel/Oliver any more and it's leading to this whole her being fucked up thing feeling like filler. I hope they find something better for her to do, further down the line. I just kind of hope that when they run out of things for her character to do, they'll have her exit the show somehow. I'm sorry, but man, it's Black Canary and Green Arrow. That shit is eternal.

- I wasn't super cool with the Blood reveal. I think I'll be more okay with it as the show progresses and they reveal his reasons. It'd be kind of cool if the villain of the first season wants to destroy the city, whilst the villain of the second is trying to save it. I don't want the "saving" the glades thing to be a sham, I'm hoping it'll turn out he's trying to save it in his own way or something fucked up. I'm not familiar with Brother Blood, but it sounds like his "cult following" will be both his little army of guys and the city itself. That's cool. I'm thinking he'll end up being a member of the League of Shadows, though.

- ANOTHER FLASH REFERENCE OH MAN GUYS I LITERALLY CAN'T WAIT FOUR MORE EPISODES

- Brother Blood's mask and whole thing looked way too much like Scarecrow and it's definitely going to have left a lot of people confused.

I'd love if they'd somehow talk Liam Neeson into appearing as R'as Al Ghul every now and then. I know it'd never happen, and it seems like they want to have the tv universe separate from the movie universe, but it'd still be awesome

• Like 1

I'd love if they'd somehow talk Liam Neeson into appearing as R'as Al Ghul every now and then. I know it'd never happen, and it seems like they want to have the tv universe separate from the movie universe, but it'd still be awesome

I'm not sure they want to have them completely separate (they really shouldn't as they could utilize the TV shows well) but any tie-in going forward will be with the new universe, not Nolan's.