Benji

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I forgotten who stated it but it was either Manu or Barrowman who stated that Ra's was to be the main baddie of the new season, and the EPs stated it was gonna be one seen before with a brand new twist.

Oh god I can't wait. Second week of October,right? I'm so getting some Pumpkin muffins to eat during the first episode back. I'm making a day out of that.

Its the Fronkensteen thing all over again...

But I love Ra's is coming onto the show, considering the amount of pain Sara went through and what Malcolm did over the course of season one, I am not shocked the head demon graced us with a real presence already.

Hopefully this will be one of those instances where they tweak the canon because yeah, that would suck. It just makes absolutely no sense to go from an actress that can actually pull off the moves to one that can barely act in general.

They could easily have him be a former league member who went off on his own and happened to be the guy who trained Sara when she was there..

"On the series, the character is described to be a former boxer with a mysterious past who now runs a gym for underprivileged youths. He will play a pivotal role in Laurel Lance’s (Katie Cassidy) story arc."

From the variety article.

Ugh.

They could easily have him be a former league member who went off on his own and happened to be the guy who trained Sara when she was there..

"On the series, the character is described to be a former boxer with a mysterious past who now runs a gym for underprivileged youths. He will play a pivotal role in Laurel Lance’s (Katie Cassidy) story arc."

From the variety article.

Ugh.

Lame.

I don't really hate the idea of Laurel becoming a crime fighter or whatever, they managed to make her considerably less annoying by the end of last season. I'll be devastated if it comes with the cost of killing off Sara though :(

It was a really bad idea to introduce the Sara character (who is the perfect adaption of Black Canary) if they intend on having Laurel become Black Canary. I really hope they recognize the response thus far to it as being so negative.

I see this going a couple of ways,

1) Sara is alive but is crippled and is unable to do the Canary thing again, leaving Laurel to pick up the slack.

2) Laurel does become the Canary but one called the White Canary.

3) Ted trained Sara but starts to train Laurel into becoming another form of crimefighter called Manhunter.

Anything that keeps Caity Lotz on my screen. She had much better chemistry with Stephen Amell then Kate Cassidy does...plus she can do this and still look amazing

• Like 1