Benji

15 hours ago, TMM said:

On the subject of Laurel, again, I don't get the hate and I never have. I think the majority of hate for the character was because everyone wanted Oliver/Felicity and pretty much nothing else. Granted I hated her becoming the Black Canary but that was because it felt way too quick and too forced, but season 4 she's been completely inoffensive.

Oh yeah, Laurel's actually been okay this season in comparison to how she was before, but I put that down to the fact she's had all of about two lines every episode.

At this point the only regular character I actually like on the show is Thea and to a lesser degree Holt and Captain Lance, the others I just generally am okay with, feel nothing for, or dislike. It's a shame really, they could have a great cast of Ollie, Thea, Sara, Captain Lance, Curtis Holt, non-Olicity Felicity and Roy, but two of them are out in other shows and two are stuck in probably the most tedious relationship on TV at the moment that is dragging both down.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grave talk

Spoiler

If it's Laurel and she's actually dead then I'm done.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I was that way too, but then I thought... could they finally fix the Black Canary problem with Earth 2 Black Canary? The original BC crossed from Earth 2 to Earth 1, what if they're doing their own spin on that? Gives them a fresh slate on dull and at times inexplicable Canary we've had so far.

But yeah, I too am seriously contemplating dropping Arrow at the end of season four unless it gives me a good reason to stay.

I definitely not as annoyed with the show as most of you since I've never thought about dropping it. It's still one of the better shows on television at the moment but there are some grave (no pun intended) issues with the whole thing. Right now, the biggest thing being Felicity. I still like Oliver as I've always loved the Broody hero cliche, Diggle is bad ass and Thea is my future wife. The rest can pretty much go away especially Felicity and her Mom.

Honestly I don't get the hatred for Felicity. Up until being shot, she's been pretty much her normal self and everything at Palmer Tech with Curtis has been a great, fun throwback to Oliver's initial interaction's with Felicity in season one, and Felicity has been a lot of fun I think. Her crying and breakdown's have been so few I just don't get people's issues with it, especially because to me they've actually made sense.

EDIT: The one thing I do have issues with is that every single year of his five years he did something and wasn't just "on the island". Season one and two made sense, season three's jaunt to Hong Kong really stretched the realms of logic for me but I had a LOT of problems with season three, most of which season four has kinda fixed.

Here's my thing about the flashbacks.  Everyone says "Well we're on his last year on the island now, so now what about the flashbacks?"

While there is a noticable passage of time between seasons in "current day", the flashbacks all run back to back.  I'd be willing to be in the flashbacks only a year or so has passed

There was a point in season three or four when he referenced something that happened "five years ago", think it was when he was talking about his return to Starling City, and it was related to what was happening in the flashbacks. 

20 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I was that way too, but then I thought... could they finally fix the Black Canary problem with Earth 2 Black Canary? The original BC crossed from Earth 2 to Earth 1, what if they're doing their own spin on that? Gives them a fresh slate on dull and at times inexplicable Canary we've had so far.

But yeah, I too am seriously contemplating dropping Arrow at the end of season four unless it gives me a good reason to stay.

Spoiler

I've seen the E2 BC stuff too but that wouldn't fix it for me. She wouldn't be the same Laurel that's been developed since season 1. E1Laurel has special connections and relationships with  all the team Arrow members. Just plugging in someone with the same face and name gets rid of those.

22 hours ago, Kirkland said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Exactly, which might make her much more bearable over all. I agree she hasn't been that bad lately but it's easy to slip back into that territory.

S4E15

Spoiler

Seriously what the fuck have they done with Felicity. Why did they ruin the happy, kooky heart of the show and turn her into the most unbearable and whining character since Lori on Walking Dead? There's still hints of the old Felicity and Emily Bett Rickards is still solid, but all the drama written around her is beyond tedious.

They seriously need to just drop the Ollie/Felicity relationship yesterday. If it comes back after that shit show from her then I'm going to be so pissed. You literally just saw your other half pouring out his heart to the son he may never see again and THAT is the time to break up, be a drama queen, and make it all about you? Go fuck yourself 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yep. Fuck this show. Went from not missing an episode because it was my favorite thing on TV to never watching again. I hope it dies for this.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Yea, I'll illegal stream and hatewatch the rest of the season just to see how the shitshow ends, but after this season I'm finished.  This show has squashed every meaningful side character so fucking Felicity can be front and center.  I bet even Dahrk will die praising Felicity

• Like 1

Spoiler

It was. They gave her her killing blow then propped her up long enough to praise Felicity before she actually died.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah, fuck it, I'm out then. I'll finish the season up for the sake of completion, but the Felicity circle jerk is just way too strong for me, especially when she's turned into such an abysmal character.

I find it ironic that the show started a descent after an episode called "The Climb". After all, what goes up...

Spoiler

I thought the episode worked really well. I liked that they followed through on the Darkh threat to Detective Lance and killed Laurel. I had issues with Laurel but she really turned it around this season and pretty much found her groove, and while it sucks that she's gone, I think it works well.

I have no issues with her last words to Ollie because they are actually nothing to do with Felicity and everything to do with Oliver. Laurel is telling Oliver she wants him to be happy and she knows that Oliver sees his happiness with Felicity. Also they aren't actually her last words, they are the last words we hear because she talks to him afterwards of screen.

The Climb was a great episode and like @Benjrie Mode said, it did go downhill after that, but I really think season 4 has fixed a lot of the problems. There's still a lot wrong but it's getting there.

I'm curious to know what people would like the show to do with Felicity? I mean it would've been interesting if they had killed her off and started down the road to a proper reuniting of Laurel and Oliver, but obviously it didn't work the first time around so they switched gears and did what the fans wanted and put Felicity and Oliver together. I'm really not seeing the issues with Felicity, her actions have made sense as a person in a relationship with someone who is constantly lying and keeping secrets and that's why everyone is siding with her, supporting her and telling Oliver he's the screw up because he is. There is an argument to be made about her timing of the breakup but she had already called off the wedding so the writing was on the wall anyway.