Sign in to follow this  
KONGO

Pens and Papers

Yeah Pathfinder is the only one I've ever played so I kinda get that one. They are doing a bunch of that 2.0 stuff there I believe. I am pretty sure she is going to play some. I'll see if they have Alternity. I am sure everyone there is nice but I do worry about being like a noob at all this stuff and annoying people asking about everything

Ruki    3,784
4 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Yeah Pathfinder is the only one I've ever played so I kinda get that one. They are doing a bunch of that 2.0 stuff there I believe. I am pretty sure she is going to play some. I'll see if they have Alternity. I am sure everyone there is nice but I do worry about being like a noob at all this stuff and annoying people asking about everything

We are all noobs at some point! As long as you are enthusiastic and genuine about wanting to learn, no one should give you any sass for asking questions. If they do, those people are poop heads.

• Like 1

I didn't get to play Starfinder :( The Paizo area always felt too busy to me and I got a little self conscious about not being up on the rules. But on the upside my GF bought the book for it and promised to run it just for me :D 

• Like 1

Ruki    3,784
7 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I didn't get to play Starfinder :( The Paizo area always felt too busy to me and I got a little self conscious about not being up on the rules. But on the upside my GF bought the book for it and promised to run it just for me :D 

That's awesome of her! Some of the races and classes seem like a lot of fun. Like the technomancer!

Toe    850

Anyone want to do a game through Roll20? 

I've been dying to play D&D as a player (since I have to DM for my group). Just seeing if there is any interest. I'd be free to play any weeknight from 7 to 12 ET, same on Sundays.

Hey, I'm not sure if this has been brought up as an idea, but would anyone be interested in getting a (semi) consistent group going? Most likely through Discord, since that's a program I'm pretty comfortable with. I'm willing to DM although I'm a fairly new DM. 

Paton    563
On 30/11/2018 at 04:52, Toe said:

Anyone want to do a game through Roll20? 

I've been dying to play D&D as a player (since I have to DM for my group). Just seeing if there is any interest. I'd be free to play any weeknight from 7 to 12 ET, same on Sundays.

8 hours ago, thepunkrockicon said:

Hey, I'm not sure if this has been brought up as an idea, but would anyone be interested in getting a (semi) consistent group going? Most likely through Discord, since that's a program I'm pretty comfortable with. I'm willing to DM although I'm a fairly new DM. 

Yes and yes.

1 hour ago, Paton said:

Yes and yes.

I mean, if people are interested then I'm willing to set up a discord channel for it and all that

lanky316    471

Due to timezones and so on, might it be an idea to do something pbp down in the Cube? Obviously the downside is that we don't have any form of rolling software programmed into the board but some heads can get together and come up with something. I don't really have the time or patience to DM right now unfortunately and I certainly can't be staying up until the early hours of the morning with the stateside members of the board!

OctoberRaven    5,183

I think that would work but for a system/setting that's not combat-heavy, or if you find a way to streamline combat somehow.

Ruki    3,784

A few pbp games have been tried here over the years. It never lasts. Usually falls apart before the first die is rolled.

GhostMachine    1,048

Does the Pathfinder system have much of a learning curve, if the last version of D&D you played was 3rd Edition?

DMN    3,557
1 hour ago, Ruki said:

A few pbp games have been tried here over the years. It never lasts. Usually falls apart before the first die is rolled.

That Final Fantasy game was going to be great 😢

4 hours ago, lanky316 said:

Due to timezones and so on, might it be an idea to do something pbp down in the Cube? Obviously the downside is that we don't have any form of rolling software programmed into the board but some heads can get together and come up with something. I don't really have the time or patience to DM right now unfortunately and I certainly can't be staying up until the early hours of the morning with the stateside members of the board!

I think that's a good idea, I just have absolutely zero clues as to how to even attempt to make something like that work

Paton    563

Essentially you could be the DM + players. Write up each session in The Cube and from what you wrote up, players would then respond with what they’d like to be doing in the next sessions. Would that work? I’ve run a DND over Discord by myself, through a bot and it seems to be a great way to do it.

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Does the Pathfinder system have much of a learning curve, if the last version of D&D you played was 3rd Edition?

I play Pathfinder like once a month or so now. I am finding it pretty easy to pick up. I went in fresh with no experience with anything though so knowing other systems could be a hindrance I guess?

Toe    850

D&D 5e is pretty easy to learn. Pathfinder has a bit more of a learning curve, but it mostly looks more confusing than it really is. 

Paton    563

I’m thinking I’ll start a Cube diary with player-created DND characters. Would anyone be interested in reading that? I understand that there would be very little input in terms of combat, however dialogue choices and story-telling would involve the player(s).

Toe    850

I'm about to start running a Star Trek Adventures game, and I'm really excited. It uses the 2D20 system from Mophidius. I've never run the system before, but because I'm so knowledgeable about the Star Trek universe, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to react to whatever the players through my way.

• Like 1

Paton    563
On 25/12/2018 at 02:23, Toe said:

I'm about to start running a Star Trek Adventures game, and I'm really excited. It uses the 2D20 system from Mophidius. I've never run the system before, but because I'm so knowledgeable about the Star Trek universe, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to react to whatever the players through my way.

Would be fun to watch that. 

Toe    850
4 hours ago, Paton said:

Would be fun to watch that. 

There are actually a few live-play games of Star Trek Adventures on YouTube. Shield Of Tomorrow from Geek & Sundry is probably the easiest to watch. 

• Like 1

Hajjhowe    343

I'd think some type of Skype/Discord combo would be the best way about playing online in a group. If Roll 20 is free and not too complicated to use that'd also be a good option. But voice chat seems like the best way to build flow in gameplay.

I'd also be interested in playing either as a player of DM, but I'm pretty much only familiar with 5e <_<

Toe    850

The basic version on Roll20 is free, as far as I know. To DM, you might need to pay. 

I'm in this really weird but probably common place creatively where I have a ton of ideas I want to workshop/talk over with other players and DMs, but I'm pretty much the only DM that I know. As a result, all of the people I could talk ideas over with are either players in my group, or players with little to no experience and so don't really know/understand the behind the screen mechanics necessary to make game worlds work. I love/hate the challenges of trying to build a game world from scratch. I want to have at least a base layer set before I have a world building session with my players, but I get really excited about what I'm working on and just want to tell them every idea I have lol.