Pens and Papers

KONGO

Hey anyone familiar to Pathfinder, I'm building a gnome bard for use in the Skulls & Shackles Adventure Path and I need a 15 point buy. I'm open to suggestions on buys. Also I picked Gnome because of it's +2 bonus in Charisma and Constitution, cuz bards need that charisma and I know Skulls & Shackles likes it's fortitude saves so a healthy Con score is nice. So yeah any 15 point buys people want to suggest?

Put everything into CHA and sing your way to victory.

Okay using that suggestion with a 15 point buy gives me this.

Str: 8

Dex: 12

Con: 12

Int: 10

Wis: 10

Cha: 19

I used 13 points to give me a 17 in CHA, so that final two points went to dexterity.... I am honestly considering this since I don't plan on much melee combat with this character.

Also singing is boring.... Totally throwing ranks into Oratory and rapping instead.

Edited by theburninator77

You could make him old. Boost your mental stats and lower phys. But then go crossbow, where your strength won't matter.

My buddy did it years ago with his gnome bard Chubbardy. Weak but smart and still able to shoot the crossbow.

Look into it and feats like rapid reload eventually around level 9.

Oh and drop the cha to 18 then dex it up. Bards dont need intelligence given they get a lot of skills by pretending to have them with their bard powers. Read into lore master and bardic knowledge. You basically sub one perform skill for three actual ones.

Thinking of throwing a magic ring at the party....basically, you sacrifice all but 1HP, but your next attack is a critical hit. Does this seem over powered? Just right?

If it's a little on the weak side, that's cool...trying to give them 'evil' or 'mean' magic items. Possibly a +1 Unholy Longsword as well (the party is all good, so using it wouldn't be advantageous)

Basically, in this side quest they would have freed an imp, and in exchange for letting it go, they are getting some presents. I need ideas!

A +1 Vicious longsword may be what you are looking to hand out.

"When a vicious weapon strikes an opponent, it creates a flash of disruptive energy that resonates between the opponent and the wielder. This energy deals an extra 2d6 points of damage to the opponent and 1d6 points of damage to the wielder."

Does great damage. That is, if you have the HP for it. The real benefit is that it gives the healer something to do.

Also maybe weapon descriptions that are aligned with more.. nasty temperaments?

Cruel, ominous and Menacing are all things you can add to a weapon that would make the group feel uneasy around them.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/menacing

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/cruel

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/ominous

Personally, I would just give them a ring and tell them it allows them to crit up to 3 times a day, then not tell them that half the damage they do comes back to them. The first time they use it would be quite the shock, and is much more in line with the "no such thing as a free lunch" that you are offering. But yeah, what you are offering isn't bad either. It guarantees 1 hp, my suggestion could do less damage or kill them outright at random. What do you think?