Sign in to follow this  
KONGO

Pens and Papers

On 23/08/2019 at 06:59, lanky316 said:

9/10 would read books covered in strange runes again.

Obviously, you've never read anything by H.P. Lovecraft or the likes, or you wouldn't be saying that.....

• Like 1

To be honest I think Thesk would kind of like that due to the "interesting" hunts he'd end up involved in. The rest (sans ninja goblin "Hidden Wind") probably would have a more natural reaction to whatever things he ends up summoning...

Just gonna leave this here

ivk64wfni5p31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Just gonna leave this here

ivk64wfni5p31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Quite possibly the greatest dnd creation ever

KFC: We made a dating sim!

Wendys: Hold my frosty.

https://www.feastoflegends.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:

KFC: We made a dating sim!

Wendys: Hold my frosty.

https://www.feastoflegends.com/

I looked it over last week, and it looks legit. Decent artwork, the rules don't suck... although it is cheesy and meme-y to heck.

They call 4d4s "Four for Four" and the end boss is basically a cross between The Night King and Ronald McDonald. They also call the Burger King's domain "Creepvale".

And you get (stackable) bonuses for eating Wendy's at the table and debuffs for eating anything but Wendy's.

This is greatest thing.

Anyone have experience playing in the D&D Adventurer's League? Since I'm always the DM for my group, I decided to give this a go so I could play. So far, it's been fun. A few of the other players are a bit annoying (bullying other players or not allowing the less experienced players to have their moments), but I've tried to help keep the games going and give the younger players a chance to shine. 

Towards the end of 2019 (aka the less bad year) four of us (three players and one gm) started playing classic Traveller. As much as I can enjoy a fantasy setting as much as the next person I've always preferred cyberpunk and hard sci-fi (Traveller is hard sci-fi). It was always going to be a trial play before switching up to Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed which has far more cool stuff going on. This Saturday is when we create characters (Traveller character creation is the best). Sadly we have to do it over Teams rather than around a table, but so be it.

We're going to create two characters each so we have a back-up as and when needed. Traveller creation follows a story of four year chunks where you can stay in your chosen profession, or be forced to drop out, change career paths, get injured, develop skills etc as you go along.....so I can't guarantee anything BUT, playing to my usual style of play I'm hoping that my first character will be an artist with plenty of talky skills, electronics, carouse and some sneaky bits. My back-up will be a space scout explorer.

I also tend to play female, mostly because I think it gives my crewmates something to play off as I know they'll both be guys. Pretty certain one is looking into being a medic with weapon skills and the other being more heavy weapons but joining the military from the upper class.

In dnd parlance I guess that gives us a bard/rogue, a warrior character and a magicy-shooty-druid. But I love sci-fi more, so I'm just extremely excited to kick things off again.

Traveler's always intrigued me, mostly because the first thing I heard about it was that your character can actually die during chargen.

• Haha 1

The only sci-fi I've played is Fantasy Flights Star Wars system which is great fun with the way they use "narrative dice" rather than a standard system, Somewhere I've got a Starfinder thing from RPG Day but not a hope of finding that. Well I have a lot of time in doors to search...