Pens and Papers

KONGO

In Pathfinder the cost for a +1 item is 2000gp (on top of normal costs). I was just wondering, what would the cost be for like...+2 to diplomacy checks. Would that be 4000gp? Or are skills cheaper? I can't find anything on just minor skill bonuses.

Edit: Nevermind! I found a +5 ring of climbing, and apparently that is 2500gp.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/circlet-of-persuasion

This will boost ALL charisma skill checks by +3.

Which is like +6 is charisma stat but only for skills not magic powers.

But bluff, diplomacy and use magic device... All count. Among others.

I can't think of any "tool" one would use for it but he is right. Theives tools, bards instruments and spy glasses are all examples of masterwork tools giving a bonus in their respected area.

But the +5 in climbing item you found is a perfect price gauge for a +5 magic item to diplomacy. And the one I listed covers that and a host of others.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/circlet-of-persuasion

This will boost ALL charisma skill checks by +3.

Which is like +6 is charisma stat but only for skills not magic powers.

But bluff, diplomacy and use magic device... All count. Among others.

This is actually perfect! Thank you!

Yeah but... +3 to use magic device!

Also ruki although items and spells that give a boost to charisma won't stack with each other they will with that circlet.

Eagle splendor plus that circlet is a +5 boost to diplomacy and all other charisma related skills, +2 bonus to spell difficulties and whatnot for bards sorcs and pallies

Another successful D&D session. Feel like the players are getting a lot out of the social stuff. They got split up early on when I had an ambush planned, so when the lagging two people (a juggler/tailor and a priest) came back, the ambushers were waiting. They talked their way out of ambush, juggler disguised himself to get into the inn and alert the rest of the group who took down one of the enemies and sent the rest running. Didn't even get to the meat of the adventure, which is great. Need to mix in a bit more fighting for the warriors, or else just split the party up more, but the fighters got to shine last session so it all works out.

Getting the hang of everything I need to run this as well. Hopefully my materials will be done by next week. Lots of stress so far but soon I should have it under control. May try to write it up but I need to take better notes.

Oh, and the two players who are a couple were the ones who took out the enemy, which I think is cute.

• Like 1

The couple in my party? Dwarf alchemist who plans on selling his potions, and elvish bard who has prostituted himself out (and slept with one of the other party members...not her partner).

Little less cute :shifty:

So, one of my players has a concern that the group is more 'people working together' instead of friends. And since all of them are neutral characters, 'doing something for the greater good' will usually come second to their personal gain. So, my question is...what is the best way to get them to view each other as friends? Someone they can depend on/would risk their life for? HOW DO I MAKE THEM LOVE EACH OTHER?!

Doing something for others versus doing something for themselves?

NO NEED!

Just take from them something they have gained. That should piss them off so much they will Les Miserables the fuck who dared steal their loaf of bread.

End results the same. they will follow the bad guys to stop them. Just the reason to do so has changed.

See, that was my first thoguht, but then I realized they really didn't have anything of value yet.

I am thinking of having the group framed so that everyone is out to get them and they have to be careful and work together and stuff.

So, one of my players has a concern that the group is more 'people working together' instead of friends. And since all of them are neutral characters, 'doing something for the greater good' will usually come second to their personal gain. So, my question is...what is the best way to get them to view each other as friends? Someone they can depend on/would risk their life for? HOW DO I MAKE THEM LOVE EACH OTHER?!

Perilous situations generally make friends out of accomplices. Try and put something together where they've got to save a member of the party or something, even if it's just like a trap check that they fuck up or something. Beyond that, not sure what you can do, it sounds like everybody in your campaign has decided to be very annoying by choosing neutral. I hate true neutral, it's usually played as a cop-out.

Perilous situations generally make friends out of accomplices. Try and put something together where they've got to save a member of the party or something, even if it's just like a trap check that they fuck up or something. Beyond that, not sure what you can do, it sounds like everybody in your campaign has decided to be very annoying by choosing neutral. I hate true neutral, it's usually played as a cop-out.

True neutral and chaotic neutral are too easy/cop-outs, I think. Chaotic-good all the way!!!

True neutral and chaotic neutral are too easy/cop-outs, I think. Chaotic-good all the way!!!

The only alignments I think are interesting in and of themselves are the lawful ones, just because I like to see what that actually means for them. Neutral and chaotic boil down to the same thing: I do whatever the fuck I want. I usually see rogues picking neutral so they can do "cute" things like take their party's shit while not constantly getting their ass beat.

Yeah, I'm playing with no alignments now. Not sure what I'd do in a magic game.

"Whilst you guys were sleeping, a band on imps came in, shaved your heads and made off with your hair."

Small band or large imps?

I just looked at the character sheets....3/4 are neutral or chaotic neutral. The fourth? Chaotic good, but she doesn't play that way (and she already made a deal with a devil!)

But my GM is joining my game, going to do character creation things tonight with her. Hope I can convince her to be the moral compass of the group.