FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Shiny cards are worth more if you 'quick sell' them. Gold shiny cards are 600+ to just dispose of, as opposed to the standard 300 for a regular gold.

You might get more at auction but looking at your list of players, it's easier to just quick sell the players you don't want.

Sterling is worth around 2k though, and your most valuable card at the moment. If you don't mind getting rid, that'll bring in a good amount.

Do you not have a shit ton of bronze players to wipe the floor of the beginner tournament with? Even if they have like 40 chemistry together, it's only Amateur so it's a bit of a chore but easy coins. Then you can pad out the rest of your Italian team, if you wanted, with 300-350 golds from the transfer market. Depends what you want to do though, I imagine even a fairly cheap squad will be effective amongst the scrubs of Div 10 if you're decent at the game.

Just put a side together and get going in Div 10. You get coins even if you lose, and with promotion comes a nice coin bonus each time.

I haven't played a single UT match offline this year, aside from playing the team of the week to earn a free gold pack. I just can't bring myself to waste time on lower difficulties.

• Like 1

Yeah even a team with crap Chemistry will do you fine in (single player) Div 10. After a bit you can start upgrading and build a pretty nice Italian/Serie A team with silver players that should only cost you ~400 coins each.

Probably the safest/easiest way I found to make money when you've only got about 500 coins to deal with is to do a search for Gold contracts and snap up any that you can get for 150 (note, this will be standard Gold as you would usually have to pay at least 250 for a Shiny Gold contract). If someone else bids 150, move on to the next one that has no bid. There will always be more contracts for sale.

Once you've got a couple, immediately put them up for sale with a starting bid price of 250 and a sell-now of 300 (or 200 and 250 if you're too damn impatient and want them to fly off the shelves). One hour bid time. Rinse and repeat.

(If the Gold contract market is proving difficult, Shiny Silver contracts will definitely be available for 150 coins, although they obviously are less sought after in turn.)

Don't buy bronze players in an attempt to sell them: no one ever wants the damn things. Shiny Bronzes tend to shift eventually but there tends to be a lot longer wait for a profit margin that's virtually the same as with contracts...and everyone wants contracts.

Okay, I bought a GK, RB and CB from Serie A using my 500 coins (two silver and a bronze), just to fill the numbers. Team has an 84 chemistry rating now, and I just shoved all my best 'other' players on the bench to pad that out. About to venture into the Starter Cup now. Am I doing it right?

Have a pretty neat little team, all things considered. Defense is suspect with the exception of Criscito, but some really nice attacking players in there.

I wouldn't even waste their contracts on playing them in the starter cup, then again, I could have used all my bronze randoms I got in the loyalty packs and whatever but I was messing around with the French team I made.

And I'm also looking at a Serie A team now since I need to use a chem style and I figure I might as well use it on my Milito. Catania has every Argentinian ever. As someone in the comments at FUTHead says. it's like they're the Newcastle of Serie A, only they go with Argie's instead of French.

If I had Milan CB's I probably would but I'm running with the Argie thing, got a silver one for 200. I say Argie, it's probably going to be Argie's + Gervinho and Guarin. :shifty:

And possibly some other LB because the Argie silver LB is relatively expensive.

It took me up til the final game (despite being promoted with 4 to spare), but I won Division 8 in UT seasons!

Not expecting a lot in 7 though, to be honest, due to a combination of me not playing brilliantly and my players seemingly turning into retards as of late, despite 9/10 times having a better chemistry than my opponent. Players seem to be turning and moving far quicker than mine.

Only played a divisions worth of games, but my UT is coming along nicely;GK De Sanctis; RB Abate, CB Barzagli, CB Domizzi, LB Criscito; RM Herrmann, CDM Khedira, CAM Kroos, LM Caligiuri; ST Doumbia, ST Drogba.Chemistry: 885* - 81 RatedManager: Michael LaudrupGoing for an Italian back 5, German midfield and an Ivory Coast attack.Will improve certain areas when I get enough coins, but I'm broke at the mo. I kinda want Schurrle on the left, but he's around 25k.Got De Sciglio, Bonucci, Santon, Bender, Marin, Sam and Bony as back up players for now.

Just pulled Draxler if you're interested.

Is he a good kisser?

When I click "Single Player Season" it just takes me straight to the "Play Match" etc. screen - there's no option to choose another. I solved it by just buying two bronze nobodies and sticking them on the bench though. It didn't affect my 100 chemistry rating :shifty:

I don't see where the challenge is with Ultimate Team. I've only done one offline Season so far (I'm not touching online til I have a fairly decent squad), and I got enough coins from that to buy Higuain. I have a couple of other gems like Abbiati, Zanetti and Diamanti just from selling my non-Serie A players. But, generally speaking, it's a piece of piss to buy class players. The only exceptions are people like Balotelli who seem to be going for, like, twenty grand.

Oh, I also forgot that Baddar said my Sterling was worth 2k, and I quick sold him for 600 :(

It's easy enough to get a team full of "class" players, but not so much to get a team of "elite" ones.

You pay for the name rather than the card/quality of player a lot of the time.

For example, Ronaldo shifts for as much as 4m coins, yet you can find someone to play on the right and do a similar job for less than 40k.

I'm determined to get at least a couple of Chelsea's top attacking players, who of course all cost a premium (Oscar is the cheapest at about 10k, the others are much more). Need to up the price bracket of my trading stock first.

Finding it easy enough to buy players for about 700 and sell them for about 1,000 or 1,200. Have managed a couple which were bought for 1k - 1.5k and sold for 2k - 2.5k (e.g. John Terry), but these always seemed trickier. At the moment I have one copy of Oscar which I bought for 9k and am hoping to get at least a couple of grand profit on, but it's not so straight-forward.