2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Dortmund still have some great players, obviously this is a massive coup for bayern but if Dortmund invest that money well, they should be fine.

Kinda disrupts their champions league bid, though.

I'm curious as to what City do this summer, I can see them throwing silly money around when in honesty they need a more tactically astute manager and maybe one or two icing on the cake signings. Perhaps a little more strength in depth if they want to challenge in Europe.

Chelsea need Mourinho or Klopp, a top striker and an out and out winger. Simple as that in my book.

Spurs need to keep Bale and add a striker, maybe a top quality Centre half too

Dortmund will be ok as Matt says, but they'll still finish miles behind Bayern, much like this season.

Despite Zaha joining, Fergie will undoubtedly want to strengthen. Not expecting any huge names to come in though, if I'm honest.

Neither Romeu nor Essien - whose knees are made of shredded tissue paper these days - are going to be first choice in a two-man midfield ahead of Ramires, Lampard, Mikel, etc. Beyond that, I imagine that Romeu's advantages of being 1) young and 2) [presumably] cheaper had a lot to do with it.

Either that or Jose came asking for him and they let Essien go as a favour to the player.

I think that's what he was saying. Ask him to pass it sideways or quickly to another midfielder and you're fine. If he tries anything more elaborate he will not find the man.

I'm just going off what he says, he watches Chelsea every week. Does have blue-tinted specs though.

So long as it doesn't take us 30 odd games to hit a decent bit of form next season I'll be happy.

Worcester City wise, right now I'd take having a club at the end of next season. Unless the season ticket offer starts selling (£100 for a season ticket, dependent on selling 1500 of them. They need to sell at least 500 to just survive). I'd get one but the travel to Kiddy (Worcester are sharing with them for the next two year since the Lane is being turned into housing and the new stadium looks about as likely to happen right now as Liverpool's) every other week would be a bit expensive