Fusient Buys WCW update

I decided to play this scenario a while back, and in the process found a few things that despite being a fantasy scenario still needed to be changed (like Crowbar was not in WCW at the end of March, just minor things).

Anyways, I decided I wanted to make a few modifications to it and add more federations and wrestlers. In 2001, the indies were starting to slump bad, but still had a few big name feds out there- ECWA, JAPW, NWA Wildside, just to name a few. The other thing is that some good talent was in the indies and I always feel I'd like to have as many options as possible when it comes to who to sign.

What I am proposing is that in this modification I am making, most things are still true to life with the exception that Fusient made a deal to buy WCW instead of Vince McMahon. I still have ECW going out of business since their last actual show took place in January. That's the other beauty is that while some went to WWF, many showed up in a lot of indies beginning in March. I would also make a slight change with WCW as well. I had read that Fusient backed out when a TV deal with AOL/Time Warner couldn't be reached. However, before the shows were cancelled, the plan was still to have a "Season Finale" on March 26th, and return to TV in late April with early May PPV Big Bang (I finally saw a poster of the PPV online yesterday). Anyways in this scenario, I would basically freeze the rosters for the month of April and start the game in May with both Nitro and Thunder still being on air (or back from hiatus so to speak).

So, the reason I am posting this, is that I was wondering if anyone is interested in helping out? I am finding old chat groups to find wrestlers who is not in the game I want to add, but for now, I want some help on relationships that were accurate to that time frame. I have been going through some, and they just aren't right for early 2001 (such as a hate relationship between Jerry Lawler and Stacy Carter). Anyone interested in helping out.

I also want to add some more federations, as of now AAA and CMLL are the two biggest I want to add. In the end I would like to have about 15-20 feds (the original only has 5. Anyone familiar with that time period for those two feds? I am getting most of my stuff online, but would like it to be as accurate as possible. Other feds I want to include at some point is ECWA, MCW, WLW (more for me than anyone else), All-Star Championship Wrestling, and UPW among others. I would like to have a couple at least from each level not including backyard.

So in the end, does anyone want to help? I'm not going to put what I have done yet because basically I haven't done anything to the game itself (except a couple minor changes), but mostly done research. Even if nobody is interested, if anyone could help with ideas for websites to check out, I'd appreciate it. I will use cagematch at some point just not now, as I'm looking more for eyewitness accounts right now from the time period. I found some newsletters from early 2001 and working on that now. I think my toughest task will be providing stats for the wrestlers I add because I usually suck at that, but I can work on that.

I'd like to send you the scales I use for wages depending on their current contract situation(s), push, and overness. I think a solid base of wages for workers is essential to having a truly playable scenario that isn't wacked out with paying 8 overness wrestlers $40k per appearance. I think it will really enhance the playing experience instead of going off the wages that are already in the scenario you're working on.

That sounds good. I think the wages are severely inflated. Ms. Jones was getting paid 80K for an open contract that is absurd. What I was going to do was change the pay scale to 1,000 per each point of overness. Using this model, someone like The Rock who would have an overness of 100 would be paid 100,000 a month which would equate to 1.2 Million a year, which I think is fair. The only problem is figuring out what each persons overness should be.

On a side note, I have added 3 federations so far- Maryland Championship Wrestling, AAA, and CMLL. MCW has 10 people in the game already, CMLL has 3, and AAA has 0. I'm not sure what more I will add to MCW (except adding a couple people who are champions that aren't in the game), but I want to add more to AAA and CMLL. I get distracted easily so when I start something within 15 minutes, I have ventured into something entirely different. I won't be making daily updates, maybe not even weekly, but once I get to a point where I have made enough changes to warrant file to be uploaded, I will. I think my current need if anyone wants to help, is help with CMLL and AAA. I also would like a possible Canadian fed or two. I'll be looking into Border City Wrestling in a bit, does anyone know any big Canadian Feds?

That sounds good. I think the wages are severely inflated. Ms. Jones was getting paid 80K for an open contract that is absurd. What I was going to do was change the pay scale to 1,000 per each point of overness. Using this model, someone like The Rock who would have an overness of 100 would be paid 100,000 a month which would equate to 1.2 Million a year, which I think is fair. The only problem is figuring out what each persons overness should be.

On a side note, I have added 3 federations so far- Maryland Championship Wrestling, AAA, and CMLL. MCW has 10 people in the game already, CMLL has 3, and AAA has 0. I'm not sure what more I will add to MCW (except adding a couple people who are champions that aren't in the game), but I want to add more to AAA and CMLL. I get distracted easily so when I start something within 15 minutes, I have ventured into something entirely different. I won't be making daily updates, maybe not even weekly, but once I get to a point where I have made enough changes to warrant file to be uploaded, I will. I think my current need if anyone wants to help, is help with CMLL and AAA. I also would like a possible Canadian fed or two. I'll be looking into Border City Wrestling in a bit, does anyone know any big Canadian Feds?

Ill send you my wage scale and overseas scale via PM today. Keep in mind there is an overseas scale to go off of in the FAQ thread, which is the exact same as the overseas scale I used for my MASTERS and Wrestling at WAR mods. When you're having a hard time determining what push to give a wrestler, just look at how they were booked on cars in the months leading to the start of your mod. If they were mostly used in matches at the beginning of the show, they'd be lower midcarders right? And if they are always facing main eventers but lose a lot, they should probably still be upper midcarders. Use logic like that, it will help. Using this method and thought process Id say I came up with pretty accurate rosters for my MASTERS mod.

Pretty sure STAMPEDE Wrestling was kicking around somewhat. You might be hard pressed to find results to build off the rosters though.

Thanks. Yeah I started to look into it a bit and having a bit of trouble. I might add them, but I actually found a decent list of competitors for All-Star Wrestling (or All-Star Championship Wrestling) based out of British Columbia that included among others Ken Anderson. I might add both and just leave STAMPEDE blank just to add a new fed in so that the game won't add some in.

Is this going to be for EWR or TEW? If I missed it, I'm sorry.

I'm not sure if I posted it or not, but this is for EWR. I like the simplicity of it over TEW (I've tried playing TEW 05 a few times, I like it, but too complex).

Ill send you my wage scale and overseas scale via PM today. Keep in mind there is an overseas scale to go off of in the FAQ thread, which is the exact same as the overseas scale I used for my MASTERS and Wrestling at WAR mods. When you're having a hard time determining what push to give a wrestler, just look at how they were booked on cars in the months leading to the start of your mod. If they were mostly used in matches at the beginning of the show, they'd be lower midcarders right? And if they are always facing main eventers but lose a lot, they should probably still be upper midcarders. Use logic like that, it will help. Using this method and thought process Id say I came up with pretty accurate rosters for my MASTERS mod.

I really like that you have a scale/table worked out, but keep in mind not everyone gets paid what they're "supposed to" on paper. For example, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan were the two biggest icons of the 80s, and Hogan made WAY more.

Pretty sure guys like The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and possibly a few others, were making 8 digits at this point, though. I remember a shoot interview where Hogan said he was making 14 million a year in WCW around 2000.

I really like that you have a scale/table worked out, but keep in mind not everyone gets paid what they're "supposed to" on paper. For example, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan were the two biggest icons of the 80s, and Hogan made WAY more.

Pretty sure guys like The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and possibly a few others, were making 8 digits at this point, though. I remember a shoot interview where Hogan said he was making 14 million a year in WCW around 2000.

Well there's no way to simulate someone making 14-million a year considering the max is $300,000 x 12 = $3,600,000.

And yes, you must always take into account the worker's situation. Like in my MASTERS scenario you'll notice friends of Hulk Hogan such as Brutus Beefcake and Brian Knobbs earning way more money than they deserve, just because of their relationship with Hogan, and because Hogan probably would have pulled some strings to have his friends get a bigger paycheck than others. And I mean in the case of Flair vs. Hogan, that's completely situational of the time period considering Hogan was working for a worldwide promotion and Flair was still trying to save the territories. Poor Jim Crockett is just trying to keep his territory afloat and certainly does not have the funds to pay Flair a wage similar to Hogan.

• Like 1

In Hogan's case he might be including merchandising, his likeness being used in the video games, endorsements, the Shadow Warriors movies, possibly Thunder in Paradise, and other sources outside of his actual salary. Not saying his salary wasn't ridiculously high and probably outside the scope we have in the game, but I doubt they were giving him that much plus everything else.

In Hogan's case he might be including merchandising, his likeness being used in the video games, endorsements, the Shadow Warriors movies, possibly Thunder in Paradise, and other sources outside of his actual salary. Not saying his salary wasn't ridiculously high and probably outside the scope we have in the game, but I doubt they were giving him that much plus everything else.

Totally. There's no way Hogan isn't fudging those numbers to make himself look like a fucking rock star.

I would still make his salary a lot higher, like close to the $300,000 per month.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/46r4khw4x54gt78/2001_Fusient.zip

I think I did that right.  If not let me know.

After sitting dormant for 2 years, I decided it was best to just pass on what information I had on and let someone else work on it.  It may not seem like much, but I think its a great starting point on working from scratch.  If anyone decides to take it on, let me know, and I will try to help as much as I can.