EWR 2013 Stats Update: May ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Shaun Ricker has signed a developmental contract with the WWE.

Source: http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/wwe_signs_shaun_ricker_to_developmental_contract/13636706

Edit: Here's another source: http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-signs-wrestler-to-developmental-contract-several-more-signings-expected/79685

Mike Bennett, Sami Callihan, and Samuray Del Sol are on the radar by the WWE as well.

Edited by fusionFX!

Not sure if fake or what but Michael McGillicutty ripped onto Sin Cara on Twitter, so maybe dislike?

Embarrassing! I lost to @SinCaraWWE?! Goin to the bar. Not to drink but beat the crap outta any SOB that looks like that piece of garbage

For the record, Sin Cara is a big, pudgy pile of horse crap. If he has something to say, Im not hard to find. Ill knock his punk ass out!

...or maybe he was "hacked" like Angle? :D

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Pretty sure that's a joke since I doubt there'd be many people who look like Sin Cara, and if Sin Cara did have anything to say to him, it'd be in Spanish and he wouldn't understand...

Anyway, Extreme Rules spoilers:

Dean Ambrose is the new WWE united states champion

Roman Reigns and Seth Rollings are the new WWE tag team champions

Hey Bill, thanks again for the awesome update.I have a question though. I have been away from EWR for a year or so, so I probably missed when it was changed and the reasoning as to why it is this way, but what's with the overness of everybody in the top organizations?

It seems everybody who even makes an appearance on Raw nowadays is an 80+ over in the data. People like R-Truth, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston who are the definitions of midcarders are 80+, whereas Evan Bourne or Zack Ryder who are the definition of lower-midcarders are in midcarder (70-80) range. I'm sure this all has a good reasoning, since your updates are always top notch, I'm just wondering if you could tell me what it is? :)

Well, the simple answer is, I don't really make any adjustments to stats unless others suggest them. so, the numbers you see for overness are pretty much what others have suggested, or, in the event of disagreements, I try to find a happy medium.

Change Blaster McMassive gimmick to "Power and Paint"

Change Max Smashmaster gimmick to "Power and Paint"

The Power and Paint gimmick doesn't work for heels.

Bill may have a different policy on this but I really don't think we should tick announcer for every single wrestler who has done a one off guest spot on commentary to further a feud, like Kaitlyn/Henry/Bellas have in the last week or so.

Yeah... It's not a "policy," per se, but I'm not gonna tick announcer for just anyone that sits at the commentary table. In order to have it ticked, the worker would have to be there for more than just one match, or just there for matches to "scout their opponent."

-Bill

Monday Night Raw spoilers.

Rename Michael McGillicutty to Curtis Axel and add Paul Heyman as his manager. And possibly change his gimmick to Chosen One

Raise his Overness to around 70ish?

• Like 1

Change R-Truth's gimmick to Fun Babyface or Comedy Character

Change Alberto Del Rio's gimmick to Hero or Old School Face

Change Cody Rhodes' gimmick to Prima Donna or Ravishing

Add a tag team for Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston, experience 5

Deactivate Randy Orton and Sheamus

Raise The Shield I, II, and III's experience to at least 15

Raise Team Hell No's experience to 25

Edited by sucka3
  • Like 1

Monday Night Raw spoilers.

Rename Michael McGillicutty to Curtis Axel and add Paul Heyman as his manager. And possibly change his gimmick to Chosen One

Raise his Overness to around 70ish?

No, because people still didn't react to anything he did. We'll have plenty of time to boost his overness in the future.

Edited by kdcastles

The overness on the majority of indie wrestlers makes literally no sense. Kevin Steen is the same overness as Zack Ryder. In a perfect world, yeah that would make sense, but we live in reality. That is just NOT the case. Adam Cole at 67 over? Man.. I know it is super unrealistic to revamp a whole mod, but.. This just doesn't make it a challenge. I could sign Sami Callihan and make him a Main Eventer in the WWE within 2 months. That's just not right.

I did some observing of the charisma and I think these are accurate at least. I considered promo/character efficiency and also their crowd response, as always, to come up with a balanced estimate. Agree/disagree?

Charisma

Lower Alberto Del Rio to 81 (-6)
Raise Alex Riley to 78 (+5)
Raise Brie & Nikki Bella to 73 (+5)
Lower Big Show to 84 (-3)
Raise Brodus Clay to 84 (+5)
Raise Dean Ambrose to 90 (+3)
Lower Drew McIntyre to 77 (-5)
Raise Evan Bourne to 65 (+8)
Raise Fandango to 82 (+4)
Raise Jesse James to 92 (+5)
Raise Kaitlyn to 79 (+15)
Raise Jey & Jimmy Uso to 70 (+6)
Lower Layla El to 79 (-4)
Raise Richie Steamboat to 69 (+8)
Raise Trish Stratus to 84 (+3)
Raise Undertaker to 93 (+10)
Lower Zack Ryder to 82 (-4)

Raise Amy Dumas to 78 (+5)
Raise Batista to 82 (+4)
Raise Bobby Lashley to 70 (+12)
Raise Buchanan to 58 (+20)
Raise D-Lo Brown to 83 (+5)
Raise Gangrel to 73 (+15)
Raise Eve Torres to 81 (+5)
Raise Junior Fatu to 80 (+4)
Raise Road Warrior Animal to 74 (+10)
Raise Ron Simmons to 77 (+4)
Raise Sean Morley to 81 (+3)
Raise Shad Gaspard to 79 (+7)

Sorry if some of these are outdated or irrelevant, but isn't it better to have it correct? I noticed 87 seems to be a popular number for some reason haha

DAMN! What the fuck did happened to this place? Every idiot coming in here and suggesting stats but they don't have any idea of what they are talking about.

No need to call people idiots just because they have their own perceptions of what the stats could be. It's debatable. Don't like it? How about suggesting something better.

• Like 1

DAMN! What the fuck did happened to this place? Every idiot coming in here and suggesting stats but they don't have any idea of what they are talking about.

No need to call people idiots just because they have their own perceptions of what the stats could be. It's debatable. Don't like it? How about suggesting something better.

Exactly.

• Like 1

I did some observing of the charisma and I think these are accurate at least. I considered promo/character efficiency and also their crowd response, as always, to come up with a balanced estimate. Agree/disagree?

Charisma

Lower Alberto Del Rio to 81 (-6)

Raise Alex Riley to 78 (+5)

Raise Brie & Nikki Bella to 73 (+5)

Lower Big Show to 84 (-3)

Raise Brodus Clay to 84 (+5)

Raise Dean Ambrose to 90 (+3)

Lower Drew McIntyre to 77 (-5)

Raise Evan Bourne to 65 (+8)

Raise Fandango to 82 (+4)

Raise Jesse James to 92 (+5)

Raise Kaitlyn to 79 (+15)

Raise Jey & Jimmy Uso to 70 (+6)

Lower Layla El to 79 (-4)

Raise Richie Steamboat to 69 (+8)

Raise Trish Stratus to 84 (+3)

Raise Undertaker to 93 (+10)

Lower Zack Ryder to 82 (-4)

Raise Amy Dumas to 78 (+5)

Raise Batista to 82 (+4)

Raise Bobby Lashley to 70 (+12)

Raise Buchanan to 58 (+20)

Raise D-Lo Brown to 83 (+5)

Raise Gangrel to 73 (+15)

Raise Eve Torres to 81 (+5)

Raise Junior Fatu to 80 (+4)

Raise Road Warrior Animal to 74 (+10)

Raise Ron Simmons to 77 (+4)

Raise Sean Morley to 81 (+3)

Raise Shad Gaspard to 79 (+7)

Sorry if some of these are outdated or irrelevant, but isn't it better to have it correct? I noticed 87 seems to be a popular number for some reason haha

Agree with most, I think every worker needs to be re-done some of the stats are ridiculous for a lot of workers, but I don't think Bill has the time to do it or anyone has the time to suggest them.

The overness on the majority of indie wrestlers makes literally no sense. Kevin Steen is the same overness as Zack Ryder. In a perfect world, yeah that would make sense, but we live in reality. That is just NOT the case. Adam Cole at 67 over? Man.. I know it is super unrealistic to revamp a whole mod, but.. This just doesn't make it a challenge. I could sign Sami Callihan and make him a Main Eventer in the WWE within 2 months. That's just not right.

Part of the problem is, in order to fit workers into their card positions, they have to be at certain overness levels. That's a game thiing, not a stats thing. With Steen being a Main Eventer in ROH and PWG (both Cult promotions) his overness has to be between 66-100. Ryder, as a midcard in WWE, has to have his overness between 56-70. The game does allow for some buffer room, but going too high or low from the range and the game will say that they're at the wrong card position. Same thing with Cole... As a main eventer in ROH, he has to be around that 66-100 mark.

Agree with most, I think every worker needs to be re-done some of the stats are ridiculous for a lot of workers, but I don't think Bill has the time to do it or anyone has the time to suggest them.

The problem is, everyone has their own opinions on stats. There is no real "right answer." When people suggest changes, there are a lot of times where people disagree. Neither is wrong, per se, so the only thing I can do is try to balance everyone's opinion into an average number. Another thing is, it's almost always the same workers that people want to change stats on. We had a pretty big discussion on putting all workers in WWE, TNA and ROH into a "tree" and adjusting all of their overnesses, charismas, etc. last year. So, the stats have been overhauled relatively recently. As I said before, there is no "right answer," so all I can really go on is people's opinions on the matter. What you might consider "ridiculous" might be the perfect stats for a worker, in someone else's opinion.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996