Football Manager 2014

Dan

I knew that human managers could, I didn't know it happened to AI managers too.

His birthplace is listed as Munich and wikipedia makes no mention of him, so what was Pep doing in Munich in early 1998? :pervert:

Nickname Jorge Snow, immediately!

• Like 2

Got a couple of potentially talented youngsters at Cerrito. Never sure how far they'll go, but one of them - Michael Andrada, a 19 year old central defender worth 49k - is going to Al-Sadd in Qatar for 2m.

I have a left back who has Anji (Russia) and Furth (Germany) amongst others sniffing around him too.

Cappi, the left back, said he wanted to leave. He's 22, worth 52k. I offered him out.. Anji came in. Deal we agreed on is 2m upfront, 15% of the next sale (the central defender who to Qatar has a 35% clause..), and an extra 750k in possible add ons.

So that's 4m cash made on two players. From the Uruguayan second division.

The club is only worth around 2m.

Shame to lose two really good (for our level, and with lots of potential) but that's fantastic business that'll keep the club healthy for years.

I knew that human managers could, I didn't know it happened to AI managers too.

His birthplace is listed as Munich and wikipedia makes no mention of him, so what was Pep doing in Munich in early 1998? :pervert:

Getting leiderhosen.

More like Laiderhosen :pervert:

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Like 1

For the approximately zero people who don't already have this, it is 75% off on steam.

Definitely gonna grab it rather than acquire it through other means as per usual.

Thanks for the heads up fella! :)

Stok going to Rhyl has made me want to run another career alongside my Spurs game. I went down as low as I could in the league (Skrilll South) to the most local team in the division - Dover.

If the game went one notch lower I could have had Faversham. :(

Anyway, I got Scottish journeyman Lee Peacock to join us. I also attempted to sign a random defender purely because his name is Mohammed Ali. He didn't get a work permit though unsurprisingly.

• Like 1

Yeah the game being $12 dollars and the recent desire to run through and play some challenges and the sort like the Stoker diary, just made me want this again so bad.

It's definitely better than any text sim counter part in another sport, always keeps me coming back.

Geez... contract renewals ate my wage budget. 125k over it now after starting the transfer window about 300k under. Had Van Persie, Jones, De Gea, Shaw, Welbeck, Kagawa, Henriquez and Wilson all expiring at the end of this season.

So much for my aim to leave some of my transfer budget intact!

Edit - Also, does anyone know how to get international tournament matches to show up on screen before the game (the same way it does for matches in competitions you're involved in)? I'm subscribed but that doesn't seem to do it.

I miss keeping track of what was going on in the World Cup, Copa America etc without having to go searching for it all the time.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I don't know what kind of system Chelsea are playing but it appears to be "get the ball to Hazard". He got 34 assists in the league last season, as well as 15 goals. Don't think I've ever seen anyone with more than 20 assists (my highest in this game is RVP with 19 in my first season).

Edit - and only 13 of those RVP assists were in the league!

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1

So, season's gone a bit differently this time round. Up to the start of October.

Battered bogie-team Man City 5-2 to win the Community Shield. (H)

Followed that up with high scoring wins at Wigan, QPR, Arsenal, and Swansea in the league. :)

Lost 2-1 to Zenit in my first Champions League game. :(

Couldn't get Will Hughes :(

Signing Gabriel Barbosa in January :D

Signing Kovacic was just the thing to reawaken Giovinco, bagged 6 already for me this season.

And big Kevin Mirallas already has half his goal tally for last year :D

I've started a journeyman game unemployed.

I was offered the North Ferriby job in the Skrill South division, they were 20th, predicted 10th. Had the interview, a week passed by and I took the job. In the time between the interview and the offer, they've won two games 4-0 and 2-0 and are now 8th.

Job done.

• Like 1