Football Manager 2014

Dan

Go back to 12 and the Pentagon, you!

I'm playing it right now!

EWB Rangers is returning for FM14.

Ellis is cleaning everyone's boots.

Better that than Ernie, I suppose, try as I might to keep it alive!

And it's cheap-ish now on GMG, like £28 I think. Cheaper than Amazon I suppose but I seem to recall getting this years for like £20, if not slightly more.

EDIT: £26.25 at GMG with pre-order code. GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/369467246638141440

SI are doing their own Real Time Editor for the main FM14 mode. You'll have to pay for it, it'll void any leaderboards you're on, but you get full tech support for it.

So, what does this mean exactly? Is it like Fifa where EA update players' stats based on their form?

It's an application that lets you edit in-game stats while the game is running, rather than the currently existing editor, which only allows you to make changes before you start a game. It's the sort of thing that will mainly be used for cheating purposes, hence the removal of its users from the online leaderboards, but I imagine it could be interesting to experiment by changing certain in-game factors on the fly.

The only thing I want fixed in FM is CPU controlled teams getting an unrealistic advantage in contract negotiations.

I remember being a consistent Champions League team with Newcastle and trying to sign Carlos Tevez. He wanted £250k awwke and I put together a package that was worth a little over £210K with bonuses making it just short of his requested weekly wage. He turned me flat down and then a week later he signed for fucking Stoke on £50k a week, who were midtable. I enjoy negotiating contracts but it seems like you have to overpay for players all the time to have any chance with competitors.