Football Manager 2014

Dan

My Director of Football has signed Paul Konchesky and Jermaine Jenas... apparently.

Fair enough.

I love doing games where you let your DOF sign players for you. Though, it is frustrating when they sign Steven Fletcher for £9.5 million when you've already got 4 strikers and only 2 first-team centre halves. He actually built a good Wolves team for me to play around with on one save.

I feel like I had offered Konchesky a trial and the DOF went "...Yup, gonna sign that guy" - then all of a sudden Jermaine Jenas is signing for Vancouver Whitecaps - and not even as a designated player.

So that means I've signed:

Sean Johnson

Kevin Alston

Jamison Olave

Paul Konchesky

Lovel Palmer

Jermaine Jenas

Rob Friend

Along with Freddy Adu, this means I have signed a few of my FM12 Vancouver team (Johnson, Alston and Palmer). Tempted to throw in a bid for my FM12 goal machine Wilson Morelo too. :shifty:

I had a deal for 42 year old Cuauhtémoc Blanco... But it fell through :(

Have just started a new career with Torquay. Watching them go down saddened me a little in real life, so I wanted to start up something with them here.

I'm taking it step by step - with my intention in the first season being promotion. Haven't played this game a lot since buying it, so could use a bit of assistance in signing a couple of cheap players?

After setting both league and cup bonuses to low, I've got around 100k to spend. I'm looking for a good centre back. Also, am having a tough time choosing between Sean Marks and Dan Holman as my lead striker. Any help?

Well, January made the tail end of my season interesting.

Oscar decided to be a whiny bitch because I rejected an enquiry for him from PSG. Demanded to leave, so held them up for 41m and gave him the boot. The board then only gave me 16m of that to reinvest. The board then extra fucked me by selling Stefan Savic with an hour left of the transfer window, meaning I only have 2 centre backs for the rest of the season.

On the buying front, bought in Gaston Gil Romero as a centre mid for 700k, already my second best option, absolute steal. Facundo Ocampo (some regen) comes in as a back-up striker for 650k. Both came from the Argentinian Division and were great buys. Might look there more in the future. Andrija Zivkovic comes from Porto for 19m to give me a better option on right wing, which is long overdue because Hazard has been injured since November.

Currently third, five points behind leaders City, and I'd love to have back to back seasons where I take an underachieving big club back to title glory. Gonna be a big ask though.