Kaney/Apsham

SeanDMan

Its the single from Matt Goods new album. It's pretty good so far, not anything that'll blow you out the water but sounds quite like some of his older stuff at times.

• 2 months later...

Matt Good was given over an hour on a radio station to do whatever he wanted, including three tracks off his new album, one off the old one, and 9 random songs he felt like playing.

He played The Pixies, Explosions In The Sky, Deftones, Wilco, Depeche Mode, Shovels And Rope, Dan Mangan, Pavement, and Radiohead.

Plus storytime.

http://indie.streamon.fm/listenlater-pl-30

• Like 1

Sadly the stream crapped out for me and froze just after they broke the hour mark but there was still at least a good 20-30 minutes left from the progress bar.

• 1 month later...

My complaint about the last time I went to see him was the opposite - way too much old stuff. I'm curious to see what the setlist ends up being this time.

According to Setlist.FM here was the setlist last time I went to see him:

While We Were Hunting Rabbits
Lights of Endangered Species
Last Parade
Born Losers
What If I Can't See The Stars Mildred?
Zero Orchestra
Shallow's Low
The Future Is X-Rated
Load Me Up

Non Populus
Apparitions
Weapon
Running For Home

Giant
Hello Time Bomb
Alert Status Red

Set Me On Fire

In italics are songs I'd heard him do live... sometimes four, five times before, so they felt pretty dated to me. Katie loved Hello Time Bomb though so I suppose at least there's that.

003.jpg

I was just really amped up because the show opened with While We Were Hunting Rabbits, with a dude on a piano and Matt, and it was so underproduced and raw, it was awesome... but then it became more like a standard rock and roll show.

013.jpg

And as much as I like Matt Good, I've seen Matt Good The Rock Star before. His new setlist was supposed to lend itself more to a weird orchestral fusion sort of style, with more sax and such in the backdrop, and instead we got three guitars a drummer and a dude on the synth. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

The crowd, though, the crowd was bad.