**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Hi!

I figured that it's about time we separate A Song of Ice And Fire discussion with the Game of Thrones topic, so as to avoid anyone accidentally clicking on a book spoiler and spoiling the show for themselves. This way, we can also discuss the books freely without having to worry about spoiling things for the people watching the show that haven't read them. Sounds good? Good!

For those of you watching the show who don't want to be spoiled, be warned. Since this topic is marked *SPOILERS*, there will be discussion of the books and events that take place in the series without spoiler tags, so unless you're cool with that - or reading ahead of the series, in which case, hi! - you might not wanna look in here.

---

So yeah. That GRRM can be a right bit of a bastard sometimes, right? Am I right, guys?

I'm currently reading the first book, I reckon this Ned character is going to end up King and living forever.

I'm currently reading the first book, I reckon this Ned character is going to end up King and living forever.

Yes. That it what happens.

Well since this is a book thread, I figure we can talk about some of the more interesting parts of the story not in the show. Such as Jon Snow's mother, what happened to Syrio, Benjen, how awesome Wyman Manderly is, and so on.

I loved Syrio a little more than I probably should have and I hope he makes a come back. I believe he is actually Meryn Trant. Syrio took out like 6 guys no issue with a wooden sword, its not hard to believe he could take out Trant as well. His death is never really confirmed and I don't think he could get away and make it to the dungeon to get picked up by Yoren. He is very likely a faceless man so I believe he killed Trant and took his face to assume his position, but for what, I have no idea.

Plus he is the only Kingsguard that really doesn't no anything. Selmy gets kicked out and joins Dany, Jaime is Jaime, Moore tries to kill Tyrion, Greenfield is killed by the mob, Oakheart dies in Dorne. Blount doens't do much but he seems to have a bigger role that Moore. A lot of this is just hoping we see Syrio back though.

Makes sense, though I think he's just a tertiary character who got a Crowning Moment Of Badass in the first book more than anything. I would love to see him come back though, and it be revealed that he was subtlety guiding Arya towards joining the Faceless Men the whole time.

What about Coldhands? Do you think we'll ever know who he was? Tons of theories surrounding his identity, including that he's actually Benjen, but Leaf says that he was killed "long ago", and Benjen only went missing in recent years.

I wouldn't eat any pies that Wyman Manderly served me.

Makes sense, though I think he's just a tertiary character who got a Crowning Moment Of Badass in the first book more than anything. I would love to see him come back though, and it be revealed that he was subtlety guiding Arya towards joining the Faceless Men the whole time.

What about Coldhands? Do you think we'll ever know who he was? Tons of theories surrounding his identity, including that he's actually Benjen, but Leaf says that he was killed "long ago", and Benjen only went missing in recent years.

I wouldn't eat any pies that Wyman Manderly served me.

I really do not think Coldhands in Benjen, because either he or Bran would probably recognize each other, and I'm sure he would recognize Hodor. Benjen gets mentioned so much that I feel he has a part to play eventually, otherwise he really has no point of being in the books or tv show.

Also, I am eagerly awaiting the debut of Howland Reed. The only man to survive the Tower of Joy and he was sent something from Robb Stark before the Red Wedding, so he has some huge part to play.

Good call, Cloudy!

I don't think we'll see Syrio back, he's supposed to live on in Arya's heart and such. Arya I expect to avenge him in a way, which very well means killing Meryn Trant. So in that way it comes full circle.

The only things that really intrigue me for the closing 2 books are what Jaime will do, anything Jon-related, and if Daenerys will wind up being a good Targaryen or a mad Targaryen. I'm leaning towards the latter with Dany, I just think that insanity is hereditary and at a point it'll be her undoing. Jon I'm pretty sure is Azor Ahai and will either be revived by Melisandre who realizes that he and not Stannis is needed to stop the White Walkers or he'll warg his way to stopping the White Walkers. Given the gender-neutral nature of the prophecy it reasons it also doesn't need to be a "human" so to speak. As for Jaime, I have no idea what he'll do besides likely die but damn I hope he goes out in a blaze of murderous rage.

As for Jaime, I have no idea what he'll do besides likely die but damn I hope he goes out in a blaze of murderous rage.

I bet he'll have an embarrassing or unremarkable death. Can't get much more embarrassing that Tywin's though. Also, WCWCreator, you don't really have to be cryptic here or anything. The thread's marked for spoilers, after all!

As for Dany, I really hope you guys are wrong. She's been a bit of a favorite character of mine, and if all my favorites die or otherwise become villains I'll be the one doing the murderous raging. >_>

Someone explain to me the equations, please, WCW was less confusing than that.

Also, damshow, don't get your hopes up on Arya killing Trant. Remember when it's was meant for a Stark to kill Joffrey? Hell, it seemed like everyone has a reason to kill Joffrey except the one who did.

There's this crazy following who believe that Euron Greyjoy is Daario Naharis. I don't believe it, was just throwing it out there but I do think Rheagar + Lyanna = Jon. It would make the most sense but then again GRRM might not make it matter.

Edited by wCwCreator