**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

It's probably going to be her killing Robert, which isn't a nice thing as he's a frail boy. Perhaps there's a bit too much detail in it, which is why it's being called controversial.

I hope it's not her fucking dying, that would be annoying, and the third Stark that received an inconclusive ending.

It's probably going to be her killing Robert, which isn't a nice thing as he's a frail boy. Perhaps there's a bit too much detail in it, which is why it's being called controversial.

I hope it's not her fucking dying, that would be annoying, and the third Stark that received an inconclusive ending.

tumblr_mnuiskF4qW1qblzneo1_500.gif

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Due to overfilling the TV thread with possible spoilers, I'm moving the Dragon Rider discussion here, because the more I think about it the more ideas I come up with. Spoiler tag is in the title, but spoiler tagged for safety all the same.

Ok, so in the other topic, I said that I think the riders will end up being Dany, Tyrion and Jon. A post on another forum established a link between them and makes me more certain than ever:

Jon, Tyrion, and Dany are the logical choices for dragon riders. Their common thread being that they are the only 3 characters we know of who killed their mother during childbirth.

However, internet delving presents a few theories on different characters that could be likely in my opinion.

Daenerys Targaryen

Obvious choice. She's the 'Mother of Dragons' and has already ridden Drogon, so she's confirmed.

Tyrion Lannister

Based off a quote from one of his WoW sample chapters:

When the man falls he knocks over the cyvasse table in the room, and the white dragon piece lands at Tyrion’s feet. He picks it up and wipes the blood from it, and it reminds him of his hopes that the dragon queen will return to them soon because they need her.

Martin likes his foreshadowing, so this could be foreshadowing that Tyrion will ride the injured Viserion. There's also suspicion that he may be a son of the Mad King, giving him Targaryen blood and boosting his chances.

Jon Snow

Based primarily off of the R+L=J theory, Jon would therefore have Targaryen blood, strengthening his claim as a dragon rider. The dragons are all linked with the Targaryen family, giving him a much higher chance.

Victarion Greyjoy

If the dragon horn works as expected, he'll take control of one of the dragons very simply and head back to Westeros. If the horn works, I'd say this is almost certain, but if it's phony, he has no chance.

Aegon VI Targaryen

As a Targaryen, has a very high chance. However, some suspect he's not the real deal, which would hinder his chances greatly.

Jorah Mormont & Barristan Selmy

Put together because they're part of the same theory. The premise for this one is based around the colours of the dragons and their potential riders.

Dany = Drogon, Targaryen colours are black and red

Jorah = Rhaegal, Mormont colours are green and black

Barristan = Viserion, Kingsguard colours are white and gold

Holds some weight thinking about it, they're the main characters in Dany's story arc, so it would make sense.

Bran Stark

Told by the Bloodraven that he would fly, maybe this is how? Other option is he wargs a dragon and flies it that way. Either way, don't think he'll actually ride one.

Arya Stark

I've seen this one thrown around a lot because of the 'mummers dragon' warning, and the current path Arya's character is on. Don't think it'll happen, her story has other places to go.

Separate spoiler for separate theory!

Other internet users have pointed out the prospect of five dragons:

The last dragon was a stunted, sick and misshapen thing, and died young during the reign of King Aegon III, the Dragonbane.She had been a green female, small, stunted with withered wings. She laid a clutch of five eggs

It's suggested that one of these will be an Ice Dragon, which becomes Jon's through Melissandre's powers.

The other will go to Victarion, being an egg that was thrown into the ocean, and also based on the following information:

Nagga was a legendary sea dragon said to live during the Age of Heroes and slain by the Grey King.

The Grey King is a legendary hero from the Iron Islands. House Greyjoy claims descent from him

There's a link between the family and dragons, which could give him a better claim.

Based on the five dragon theory, I think Dany, Tyrion, Aegon, Jon and Victarion are the riders. But obviously, the validity of this is disputable.

I always thought Victarion was just being used more as a device to get the Dragonbinder to Dany. He'll probably die foolishly like Quentyn; he'll blow the horn in an attempt to tame a dragon and end up dying much like Cragorn (the one who blew it at the Kingsmoot) did. Dany will then have possession of the horn and be able to use it to fully tame Drogon and her other dragons.

Out of all the theories surrounding the show, Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's bastard seems to be one that makes the most sense. I wouldn't be surprised if in Winds of Winter it open with them attempting to burn his believed death body, only for him to stand up and walk off, unaffected (as he's really a Targaryen).

I wonder if we'll see Asshai/The Shadow Lands at all. I mean, I know GRRM said a while ago it was unlikely, there's always that quote from Quaithe to Dany that implies she'd need to go there.

Out of all the theories surrounding the show, Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's bastard seems to be one that makes the most sense. I wouldn't be surprised if in Winds of Winter it open with them attempting to burn his believed death body, only for him to stand up and walk off, unaffected (as he's really a Targaryen).

I wonder if we'll see Asshai/The Shadow Lands at all. I mean, I know GRRM said a while ago it was unlikely, there's always that quote from Quaithe to Dany that implies she'd need to go there.

He's not necessarily a bastard either. It's quite possible that Rhaegar and Lyanna married after Rhaegar's wife, Princess Elia of Dorne was murdered by Gregor Clegane.

If they were, he would be the legitimate Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne, unless Aegon is still alive.

Targs are not immune to fire, they never were. Dany's case on th pyre was a one off thing, GRRM said in some interviews.

Edited by Colossus

Targs are not immune to fire, they never were. Dany's case on th pyre was a one off thing, GRRM said in some interviews.

Ah, but if he is Azor Ahai he might be! :P

He's not necessarily a bastard either. It's quite possible that Rhaegar and Lyanna married after Rhaegar's wife, Princess Elia of Dorne was murdered by Gregor Clegane.

If they were, he would be the legitimate Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne, unless Aegon is still alive.

Didn't the Sack happen after Rhaegar was killed on the Trident?

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that hopefully this season in the TV show we'll get (Storm of Swords spoilers)

"Only Cat."

and out the moon door, wheeeeeeeeee

I just realized that hopefully this season in the TV show we'll get (Storm of Swords spoilers)

"Only Cat."

TV/Storm of Swords Spoilers

Going by episode titles, Episode 7, "Mockingbird", will be the "Only Cat" episode. The mockingbird is the sigil of House Baelish.

"Only Cat."

TV/Storm of Swords Spoilers

Going by episode titles, Episode 7, "Mockingbird", will be the "Only Cat" episode. The mockingbird is the sigil of House Baelish.

I wonder if they're going to introduce another singer to pin her death on. Marillion's already got his tongue cut out in like season 1 or something.

Man, Oberyn. (Storm of Swords/show spoilers/etc)

Such a great character. So painful knowing he's going to die. At least he takes The Mountain down with him, and has had his own fair share of great moments already in the show.