WWE 2K14

apsham

Got the nWo pack today. Little bummed that Curt Hennig doesn't have a Mr. Perfect alternate, but meh. Contemplating whether I prefer having old school Scott Steiner, or if I'll just keep Big Poppa Pump.

Can't you just use Superstar threads to change his singlet to blue instead of NWO colors?

Considering trading this in tomorrow for AC IV.

I mean, I genuinley think it's the best effort to date and really enjoyed the 30 Years of WM mode. Played around with Universe, was and still is great fun. However I'm not sure how much I'm actually gonna play this when I consider GTAV and my massive Steam backlog of games.

I reckon trade it for something else I really wanna play while it's still worth something and then maybe re-buy when it's half the price or less in a few months time.

Finally unlocked Eddie. I have to second whoever it was who said his inclusion was really random. Can't for the life of me understand why they included the 2000 era Eddie Guerrero. Would have made way more sense to have the 2004/05 version. It was the peak of his career and it'd allow for Eddie/Rey at WM 21 to be included. Plus you'd just be an Angle CAW away from WM 20. Now you need to download a 04/05 Eddie CAW for it to really feel authentic. Hell you have to beat Brock to unlock him which makes the version of Eddie you unlock even more puzzling.

Nevermind that for the second year they had 2000 era Eddie enter with a low rider. Pretty lazy effort all around with him. Eddie's a semi-permanent legend in these games at this point but I'd still rather have the Lie, Cheat, and Steal version.

Totally just replaced AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray and other TNA guys (minus Sting) with Hakushi, Bastion Booger, and other crazy characters. Created my own title, and doing battle royals to determine the champs. Always random. First champ was Big Boss Man, followed by Steven Dunn, and then The Great Khali. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's the highest body count everyone has gotten in the Defend the Streak mode? I got 38 last night, but my Xbox froze on me. Did it again this afternoon and got 32 before I gave up (after 50 minutes). It was odd, before the game froze last night, I got all the achievements (10 opponents, 20, and 30), but didn't unlock the Slobberknocker mode. So I had to go back and re-do it today just to unlock it. Kind of frustrating, but it's worth it - I love the Slobberknocker mode. Super psyched they brought it back, finally.

Also went on a downloading spree last night and got a whole slew of joshi and puroresu CAWs. Mitsuhara Misawa is dominating my Universe mode, with his only true rival being Andre the Giant. This is far and away the best WWE game on the current-gen. The presentation of the 30 Years of WM mode, the little tweaks they've added to the game play, the commentary is actually tolerable and a lot less glitches and fuck-ups than before, 100 CAW slots, graphics aren't as shitty as previously thought... I'm definitely happy with the game.

Finally unlocked Eddie. I have to second whoever it was who said his inclusion was really random. Can't for the life of me understand why they included the 2000 era Eddie Guerrero. Would have made way more sense to have the 2004/05 version. It was the peak of his career and it'd allow for Eddie/Rey at WM 21 to be included. Plus you'd just be an Angle CAW away from WM 20. Now you need to download a 04/05 Eddie CAW for it to really feel authentic. Hell you have to beat Brock to unlock him which makes the version of Eddie you unlock even more puzzling.

Nevermind that for the second year they had 2000 era Eddie enter with a low rider. Pretty lazy effort all around with him. Eddie's a semi-permanent legend in these games at this point but I'd still rather have the Lie, Cheat, and Steal version.

In WWE13 the Lie,Cheat and Steal theme is hidden under the name Los Guerreros. Check and see if it's there. It's obviously the Eddie and Chavo version but it still works.

So, what's the highest body count everyone has gotten in the Defend the Streak mode? I got 38 last night, but my Xbox froze on me. Did it again this afternoon and got 32 before I gave up (after 50 minutes). It was odd, before the game froze last night, I got all the achievements (10 opponents, 20, and 30), but didn't unlock the Slobberknocker mode. So I had to go back and re-do it today just to unlock it. Kind of frustrating, but it's worth it - I love the Slobberknocker mode. Super psyched they brought it back, finally.

Also went on a downloading spree last night and got a whole slew of joshi and puroresu CAWs. Mitsuhara Misawa is dominating my Universe mode, with his only true rival being Andre the Giant. This is far and away the best WWE game on the current-gen. The presentation of the 30 Years of WM mode, the little tweaks they've added to the game play, the commentary is actually tolerable and a lot less glitches and fuck-ups than before, 100 CAW slots, graphics aren't as shitty as previously thought... I'm definitely happy with the game.

I made it to 42 on Defend the Streak before losing to the Retro version of The Rock. He beat me by stealing the Tombstone.

I always played Slobberknocker as Undertaker anyway. I imagine it's much harder now though as it's not easy to save a lot finishers anymore. I would always eliminate like 5 guys in a row as soon as they came in by hitting them with The Last Ride before they could do anything and then I'd beat on the 6th to get all my finishers back. Too bad the game stopped you after 100 eliminations.

Smacktalks showcases some of the best caws on all the systems on YouTube, and their forums tend to be a good home for caw makers, taking a quick look through their forums I'd say keep an eye out for caws with the NCO tag.

If you like Chikara check out some fo the work by this guy