The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin

There's like 2 months of football left, wth?

This is waaaaay better than when they announce Player of the Year for things in January. Can't remember which award it is/was that does that.

iirc it's for the calendar year and the votes would have been made in December/January.

Ings' goals have spearheaded a really unlikely promotion push (looking likely to be a successful one) plus he's only 21. I would've given it to Ings too, McCormack has improved loads and been the shining star of an otherwise mediocre team but I think the aforementioned reasons give the edge to Ings.

As for the Cellino mess...well :unsure:

Tbh it would be easier for him to just accept the decision, pay the fine and then the conviction is spent. This needs wrapping up soon before we get dragged into a relegation fight and/or possible administration.

You're not going to get dragged into the relegation battle this season unless you go into administration very soon, which I cannot see happening anyway. Too many teams behind you are absolutely shit and won't catch you even if you don't win many more games this season.

Going into administration very soon is a distinct possibility. I'm not sure where the money for the wages is going to come from since we've had to have other people paying them for the last few months and if the league reject Cellino then I doubt he's the kinda guy to write off the 5m+ he's owed. A lot of people are, quite understandably, skeptical of Cellino but it'll be a darn sight better than another trip to Carlisle next year.

I just can't see it, not in the next few weeks anyway. There's a cut off for teams getting points deductions for entering administration in the current season and I'm fairly sure it is during this month, of which there are less than two weeks left. Even if your wages go unpaid, it doesn't mean you will automatically be put straight into administration. Clubs have gone without paying their player's wages for a period whilst not being in admin before. Not saying it might not happen later on but I don't think you need to worry about going down this year.