Sign in to follow this  
The Chiksrara Special

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Regia    207

I got 100 Gold Eggs with my first 500 blue eggs :D

Haven't seen any other characters yet, but it may open up into others as the main quest goes on like it did at Christmas.

EDIT: Just seen Moe has one but it takes 1 day and 8 Hours to complete.

So far I've managed to get two blue boxes, and got Golden eggs each time. Beats fences.

Chris2K    4,493

The egg baskets are a con. Spent 10 donuts on a pink one, got 500 eggs eventually, but then they disappear.

I cashed my 500 Pinks in and got 300 golds taking me to 500 golds! So I cashed my golds in and my first luxury item was.....

Fences. <_<

• Like 1

King Boo Ellis    12,892

I got two baskets randomly, not sure from where. also got an egg pile from a blue box but it just seems to be a decorative item.

angeluzcr    115

Anyone knows if You can trade gold eggs.I got 100 from a blue basket,then on the other I got fences.If anyone needs a friend add me:spidycr2. :(Y):

Regia    207

looks like Gold eggs are exclusively prizes from the other boxes, since you can't even buy large amounts for donuts like you can the blue and pink ones.

Hook    116

Been playing for a long while, but I have been losing neighbors. Could use some more. I am themadhooker

King Boo Ellis    12,892

Tried to add Hook and Angel but it's saying 'Failed to send friend invite'. :/

Still, I like noticing that you can hide neighbours. So long, inactive people!

King Boo Ellis    12,892

Should be King Ellis, Ample Salty or some sort of variant of those without the spaces.

EDIT: Just KingEllis.

EDIT2: Restarting the game seemed to fix it. Sent!

Regia    207

Feeling really underwhelmed by this update so far, have yet to get a single decent prize.

Chris2K    4,493

I got the Banana store thingy as my best so far.

Family Guy have released a very similar game a couple of weeks ago, seems to have pretty decent reviews.

Android

iOS

King Boo Ellis    12,892

The Family Guy one seems more polished, it loads quicker (also sends my phone to standby after 5 seconds of inactivity, which is annoying) doesn't seem to crash as much (didn't really crash at all for me in the first few days, has started to now if I start going in and out of standby alot) and the conversations between characters is nicer since it has their full models come up and they can change to fit gags.

The mechanics are certainly different and the building limit is certainly annoying in the early goings, especially since clearing land takes time and is on par with building so you can't have a building going up and some land clearing at the same time, unless you pay for the privilege. Eventually it wont matter because it'll get to a point where it's not a problem anymore since you'll eventually own everything but when you're first starting out, I suppose it does help them try and catch a few lazy folk in their microtransaction net. As unlocking characters/outfits probably will too but actually being able to get outfits as opposed to the majority being premium on Tapped Out, is nice.

It's just weird seeing the general tone of the game which seems a lot more adult than The Simpsons. Not that there haven't been a few moments in Tapped Out that have surprised me with their tone, but they stood out because it's mostly pretty tame whereas the Family One one seems pretty full on with it's pop culture shots and double entendres.

I actually got a cheap DVD set of Season 7 recently and watching it through, there sure is a lot of content from it in the game. I recognised lots of dialogue for one and there's an episode centered around McBurgertown (though I dunno if it existed in the series beforehand).

Regia    207

I got the Banana store thingy as my best so far.

Family Guy have released a very similar game a couple of weeks ago, seems to have pretty decent reviews.

All I've got we pointless decorations and golden eggs, which then gave me more pointless decorations.

I've given the Family Guy game a play, seems decent enough but I just couldn't get into it and gave up on it after a couple of hours.

Chris2K    4,493

There's so much more to do in TSTO and I think it's certainly more enjoyable so far, but I also like the concept of levelling up individual characters as well as the standard levelling up in Family Guy.

I've got time to play both, so I shall.

Jericruise    4,824

I prefer the Simpsons one, the Family Guy one just seems really sluggish to me. The graphics and ideas are good, but having to get a load of items after the character appears is just dull. Plus the expansions seem far more limited.

Anyway, Easter-wise, five blue boxes down, I've had 300 Golden Eggs and 2 Easter Egg bundles. Think I'm doing OK. :D

Gonna need a massive reshuffle after Easter once I've got as much of the new content as I can. Easter update has gotten me back into playing properly but having a half decorated town and then a load of buildings dumped in the centre is annoying me.

• Like 1

Jericruise    4,824

Had a clearout on friends who hadn't played in ages, so looking for a few new ones if anyone wants to add me: TC_Chybs

Regia    207

How do you add friends now? I just keep getting a list of my current neighbours up with no clear option to add other people.

King Boo Ellis    12,892

This is how I do it on Android:

Friends 'page' > scroll to the end > Add friend > litle Origin logo in the bottom right corner which is labeled 'find friend' or something. It comes up asking for an email but just putting in the username works fine.

Lars Kuyt    1,509

I've added a few more people from here.

Colly    14,082

This is definitely my least favourite seasonal update. So far I've got a silly number of ponds, a few fences, and just got 500 golden eggs from which I got a gate. Wow.

Regia    207

I'm up to 4 ponds, 17 fences (including ones I got from golden eggs), 2 egg decorations and the banana dictator ship as my sole good prize.

Chris2K    4,493

I've now got Johnny Fiestas and Banana Dictatorship, but also got Father Sean with my last batch of Gold Eggs. I'm up to 25 fences, 5 ponds, lots of those shitty egg decorations and a few trees.

Having it randomised instead of a wheel makes me automatically wonder about how on the level it is, maybe they realised people could spin the wheel relatively accurately and were getting the prizes too quickly?

Kaney    8,924

I got the Hugs Bunny guy and the giant egg with legs so far along with a few ponds and quite a lot of golden eggs.