The Simpsons Tapped Out

Your Mom

The Family Guy one seems more polished, it loads quicker (also sends my phone to standby after 5 seconds of inactivity, which is annoying) doesn't seem to crash as much (didn't really crash at all for me in the first few days, has started to now if I start going in and out of standby alot) and the conversations between characters is nicer since it has their full models come up and they can change to fit gags.

The mechanics are certainly different and the building limit is certainly annoying in the early goings, especially since clearing land takes time and is on par with building so you can't have a building going up and some land clearing at the same time, unless you pay for the privilege. Eventually it wont matter because it'll get to a point where it's not a problem anymore since you'll eventually own everything but when you're first starting out, I suppose it does help them try and catch a few lazy folk in their microtransaction net. As unlocking characters/outfits probably will too but actually being able to get outfits as opposed to the majority being premium on Tapped Out, is nice.

It's just weird seeing the general tone of the game which seems a lot more adult than The Simpsons. Not that there haven't been a few moments in Tapped Out that have surprised me with their tone, but they stood out because it's mostly pretty tame whereas the Family One one seems pretty full on with it's pop culture shots and double entendres.

I actually got a cheap DVD set of Season 7 recently and watching it through, there sure is a lot of content from it in the game. I recognised lots of dialogue for one and there's an episode centered around McBurgertown (though I dunno if it existed in the series beforehand).

I got the Banana store thingy as my best so far.

Family Guy have released a very similar game a couple of weeks ago, seems to have pretty decent reviews.

All I've got we pointless decorations and golden eggs, which then gave me more pointless decorations.

I've given the Family Guy game a play, seems decent enough but I just couldn't get into it and gave up on it after a couple of hours.

There's so much more to do in TSTO and I think it's certainly more enjoyable so far, but I also like the concept of levelling up individual characters as well as the standard levelling up in Family Guy.

I've got time to play both, so I shall.

I prefer the Simpsons one, the Family Guy one just seems really sluggish to me. The graphics and ideas are good, but having to get a load of items after the character appears is just dull. Plus the expansions seem far more limited.

Anyway, Easter-wise, five blue boxes down, I've had 300 Golden Eggs and 2 Easter Egg bundles. Think I'm doing OK. :D

Gonna need a massive reshuffle after Easter once I've got as much of the new content as I can. Easter update has gotten me back into playing properly but having a half decorated town and then a load of buildings dumped in the centre is annoying me.

• Like 1

This is how I do it on Android:

Friends 'page' > scroll to the end > Add friend > litle Origin logo in the bottom right corner which is labeled 'find friend' or something. It comes up asking for an email but just putting in the username works fine.

I've now got Johnny Fiestas and Banana Dictatorship, but also got Father Sean with my last batch of Gold Eggs. I'm up to 25 fences, 5 ponds, lots of those shitty egg decorations and a few trees.

Having it randomised instead of a wheel makes me automatically wonder about how on the level it is, maybe they realised people could spin the wheel relatively accurately and were getting the prizes too quickly?