(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Letang and Pittsburgh still haven't come to terms on a deal yet, apparently Letang wants a guarantee that they won't move him before his no movement clause kicks in. Also read that Iggy is willing to take a big pay cut to stay with the Penguins, could be a lot of BS, I wouldn't mind Iggy staying for like, another year, but I'd rather Pittsburgh first renew Dupuis' contract.

The Rangers have acquired defenceman Danny Syvret from the Philadelphia Flyers for forward Kris Newbury

The Rangers have decided not to send a qualifying offer to Michael Sauer. Sauer will now be a UFA. Michael Sauer who suffered a concussion on December 5th, 2011 from a hard hit from Toronto Maple Leafs Dion Phaneuf hasn't played a game ever since. He has 18 points in 98 games played

Simon Gagne could be back with the Flyers for the right price.

“We’ve had a couple of conversations with his agent, and we will continue to talk,” GM Paul Holmgren said on Monday. “We have interest in bringing him back, but limited cap space.”

Red Wings GM Ken Holland is expected to meet with Daniel Cleary today. Valtteri Filppula wants to test the free agent waters. Talks with Damien Brunner have been ongoing. The Wings met with Vincent Lecavalier over the weekend. St. James thinks the Lecavalier will end up in Dallas. He’s believed to be looking for a 5 year, $25 million deal. Intriguing forwards could be Nathan Horton and David Clarkson. They haven’t made a decision on compliance buyouts yet. Candidates could be Mikael Samuelsson, Todd Bertuzzi and Carlo Colaiacovo

The Chicago Blackhawks appear to be close to re-signing veteran goaltender Ray Emery to a new contract, a source close to the situation told TFP.

Emery, 30, earned $1.15 million this past season, where he posted a 17-1-0 record with a 1.94 goals-against-average and a .922 save percentage.

The Sabres are entertaining trade calls and offers for goaltender Ryan Miller and sniper Thomas Vanek, Buffalo GM Darcy Regier confirmed.

Sources have told TFP that neither Miller nor Vanek will sign extensions with the Sabres, prompting trade speculation.

Buffalo Sabres general manager Darcy Regier confirmed Tuesday that the organization has begun contract talks with impending restricted free agent center Cody Hodgson. Also, The team also will be contacting former captain Danny Briere, according to Regier

The Washington Capitals have re-signed defenseman Tomas Kundratek to a two-year contract extension

Nashville Predators general manager David Poile said today that the team has placed defenseman Hal Gill on waivers

Washington Capitals defenseman Jeff Schultz is ready to move on as the team will use one of its compliance buyouts on the final year of his contract-

The Toronto Maple Leafs are actively shopping center Mikhail Grabovski, two sources close to the organization told TFP on Tuesday.Grabovski has four years left on a five-year, $27.5 million contract.

This is great news. Bruins alternate captain Patrice Bergeron says he won't need surgery for any of the injuries he suffered in the Stanley Cup final

The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded the rights to defenseman Drew Olson to the Tampa Bay Lightning for future considerations- Dean

The Columbus Blue Jackets have re-signed forward Blake Comeau to a one-year contract

Rangers trade Christian Thomas to the Canadians for Danny Kristo

The Dallas Stars have re-signed forwards Lane MacDermid and Luke Gazdic to one-year contracts.

MacDermid was acquired as part of a trade that sent Jaromir Jagr to Boston. The 23-year-old scored his first career NHL goal with the Stars and had two goals and nine penalty minutes in six games.

The Edmonton oilers have sent qualifying offers to restricted free agent centre Sam gagner while defensemen theo Peckham will be hitting the free agency

Helene st James of the Detroit free press is reporting that the red wings will be buying out defensemen Carlo colaiacovo

The Wild have made qualifying offers to five restricted free agents: defencemen Jared Spurgeon, Tyler Cuma and Kyle Medvec, and right wings Justin Fontaine and Carson McMillan

A busy offseason for Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff continued today with the announcement that 13 Jets players have been issued a qualifying offer by the club.

The long list featured a number of key names, including forwards Blake Wheeler and Bryan Little, who finished second and fourth, respectively, in team scoring in 2012-13.

The restricted free agents issued qualifying offers by the Jets included forwards Alexander Burmistrov, Patrice Cormier, Tomas Kubalik, Eric Tangradi, Eric O'Dell and Anthony Peluso; defensemen Zach Bogosian, Arturs Kulda, Zach Redmond and Paul Postma; and goaltender Edward Pasquale-

Tsn Darren dreger has officially confirmed Vincent lecavalier to the Philadelphia flyers for 5 years at 4.5m per season 23.5m total

RUMOR: If Dean Lombardi somehow manages to find enough cap space, the LA Kings will go after Iginla for a 1 year deal

Dean Lombardi did not submit a Qualifying Contract Offer to Keaton Ellerby and will be a UFA starting July 5th. All other RFA's (Clifford, Muzzin, Voynov) have recieved offers.

Adding Lecavalier puts the Flyers over the salary cap for next season. Simon Gagne and Adam Hall aren't signed. Neither is Erik Gustafsson or Kurtis Foster, and the team is still in need of a second goalie.

Braydon Coburn and Max Talbot are candidates to be moved. Coburn free's up more than $4 million in space if the Flyers don't have to take anything back in terms of roster players.

If Edmonton is still in on Coburn, then you can bet that Philly would be more interested in prospects, picks or the rights to unsigned players. Khabibulin could be a good guy to have split time with Mason if they can get a deal done before Friday. Ryan Whitney might be willing to sign a short term deal for half of what Coburn makes, so that could be an option as well.

As for Talbot, I only mention him because the addition of Lecavalier probably bumps Talbot down in the pecking order a bit, and he's set to make $1.75 million. If they can move him for picks or prospects, they get back under the cap and have enough (presumably) to get a veteran goalie for cheap on a one year deal.

I can think of about 29 other teams that would love to have Max Talbot. He'd be easy to move.

With Bolland now with the team, I could see Grabbo having a bounce back season since he won't be getting all the tough defensive draws. Still, if the Leafs could trade him, it would create more needed cap space.

With Bolland now with the team, I could see Grabbo having a bounce back season since he won't be getting all the tough defensive draws. Still, if the Leafs could trade him, it would create more needed cap space.

Komisarek has been bought-out. If they want more cap space, I'm sure there are at least half a dozen teams who would be interested in Grabovski. The Flames would be a real good fit for him, and he would get top line minutes for sure... of course, there are other teams, who can probably part with more, who would be interested. Pretty much anyone who missed out on Lecavalier and has some cap space, not named Montreal.

Penguins re-sign Pascal Dupuis to a 4-year contract worth 15 million

How are they gonna afford this?

RUMOR: If Dean Lombardi somehow manages to find enough cap space, the LA Kings will go after Iginla for a 1 year deal!

Well i guess Iggy is chasing his cup dream still, dunno exactly where i would put him on the Kings tho. maybe like a Mike Ricards, Dustin Penner and Iginla for the 2nd line?

Adding Lecavalier puts the Flyers over the salary cap for next season. Simon Gagne and Adam Hall aren't signed. Neither is Erik Gustafsson or Kurtis Foster, and the team is still in need of a second goalie.

Braydon Coburn and Max Talbot are candidates to be moved. Coburn free's up more than $4 million in space if the Flyers don't have to take anything back in terms of roster players.

If Edmonton is still in on Coburn, then you can bet that Philly would be more interested in prospects, picks or the rights to unsigned players. Khabibulin could be a good guy to have split time with Mason if they can get a deal done before Friday. Ryan Whitney might be willing to sign a short term deal for half of what Coburn makes, so that could be an option as well.

As for Talbot, I only mention him because the addition of Lecavalier probably bumps Talbot down in the pecking order a bit, and he's set to make $1.75 million. If they can move him for picks or prospects, they get back under the cap and have enough (presumably) to get a veteran goalie for cheap on a one year deal.

I can think of about 29 other teams that would love to have Max Talbot. He'd be easy to move.

I don't mean to shut down you or the other budding capologists, but they could always just...put Pronger back on LTIR.

I don't mean to shut down you or the other budding capologists, but they could always just...put Pronger back on LTIR.

He is on LTIR is he not?

He is on LTIR is he not?

I think they come off it at the end of each season. Philly's capgeek figures include him in there.

Bozak contract talks expected to resume today with Leafs. Proposal on the table believed to be 8 years at less than $5 mil per. -dreger

Too bad JFJ's not still running the Leafs. He'd get that plus a NTC.

Forward Nathan Horton, likely to be one of the most coveted players when NHL free agency opens, visited with the Columbus Blue Jackets and toured Nationwide Arena, the Columbus Dispatch reported

I would love to see Nathan Horton on the Blue Jackets, if there goalie plays how he did last year Horton could be the different between 9th place and 8th or better place

Teemu Selanne turns 43 today

Jesus i wonder if he is gonna come back for one more season

The Nashville Predators have placed Sergei Kostitsyn on waivers

He is going to the KHL i bet

The Flyers and Claude Giroux are having an ongoing dialogue about a contract extension. Giroux is believed to be looking for an eight year deal worth well north of $7 million a season

And in my opinion he is worth every cent of it, he is the Flyers Franchise guy

Coyotes are staying in Glendale

Defiantly wanted them to move, i hate watching hockey games were most the arena is empty