(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

The Ottawa Senators have resigned Head Coach Paul Maclean to a 3- Year Contract Extension

Good move by them he did a great job dealing with tons of injures and still got his team to the play offs

Mikhail Grabovski, Aaron Asham, Eric Belanger, Johan Hedberg, and Darrel Powe have all been placed on Waivers

Besides for Grabovski these guys are pretty much all terrible in my opinion, i don't see Eric Belanger being signed any where unless someone needs a 4th line center for league minimum and Johan Hedberg is 41 so i can't see anyone picking him up unless they really need a back up goalie

Hal Gill and Greg Zanon have been placed on waivers for Buyout Purposes

Could be good for some cheap defensemen if i team needs them but they are most likely 3rd liners

The NJ Devils have resigned Patrik Elias to a 3- Year, 16.5 Million Contract

BREAKING NEWS: Danny Briere has signed a 2 year, $8 million deal with the Montreal Canadiens.

Good deal but i figured out of all the Foward free agents Danny Driere would be the last guy the Canadiens would sign since they really need size

Keith Ballard has signed a 2 year 3m deal with the Minnesota wild

Good pick up for the Wild, he never showed what he was capable of playing for the Canucks but will fit in much better with the Wild

Goaltender Al Montoya agreed to terms on a contract with the Winnipeg Jets, the team announced today.

The deal is for one season at $601,000

Good deal for the Jets for sure

The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with defenseman Keaton Ellerby, the team announced today.

LA Kings Insider reports the contract is worth $735,000

The Philadelphia flyers have resigned forward Claude giroux to an 8 year 64m extension

The Flyers better have a plan they are gonna barely be fitting into the Cap next year

The Calgary Flames have signed right wing Brian McGrattan to a two-year contract worth $1.5 million

Someone needs to protect all those young kids

The Edmonton Oilers have traded Captain Shawn Horcoff to the Dallas Stars in exchange for Phillip Larsen and a 7th Round Pick!

Never thought the Oilers would be able to trade Shawn Horcoff

Alfie is going to be a Red Wing. $3.5 million for the year with a possible $2 million in bonuses.

The Oilers picked up Andrew Ference, which gives them more grit on the back end.

Mike Komisarek signed a bargain deal with Carolina for one year.

Also, I haven't seen the whole trade confirmed yet, but apparently the Dallas Stars are getting Curtis Hamilton as well in the Horcoff deal.

EDIT: The Oilers add a centre with Boyd Gordon and a good veteran backup goalie with Jason Labarbera. Looks like MacT has a good idea what he wants for the season.

EDIT 2: Pierre-Marc Bouchard with the Islanders, along with Peter Regin.

Also, Nathan Horton signs a 7 year deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Last in the league two seasons ago, and they just keep getting more dangerous.

EDIT 3: Ryan Clowe signs a 5 year deal worth almost $5 million per season with New Jersey. Holy fuck. I can't believe anyone would take that big of a risk on him after his season last year. That dollar amount over one or two years, yeah. That term with half the price? Yeah. Term and Dollars? Jesus, Lou... what the hell?

EDIT 4: Rob Scuderi signs a 4 year deal to return to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Good signing. He's a solid guy who is familiar with the system and the players. He's also going to be great for the young defensemen in the system.

Clarke MacArthur is off the market. Ottawa signed him to a 2 year deal worth $3.25 million per year.

Good deal for the Senators, I think.

EDIT: The Flames sign defenseman Kris Russell. Played with the Blues last year. If it's a cheap deal, I like it, but we will wait to see what the terms are.

EDIT 2: Russell was a Restricted Free Agent from the Blues. The Flames dealt a 5th round pick to St. Louis for his rights, and signed him to a one year, $1.5 million deal. 7 points in 33 games last year. Was a +6 last year though. Plus players are always good to have.

Not a bad deal. Worst case scenario, he walks next off-season if he doesn't play well.

EDIT 3: The Flames locked up Corban Knight, Greg Nemisz and Karri Ramo as well today.

EDIT 4: Bozak is a Leaf still. 5 years, $21 million. AAV of $4.25 per season. Good signing.

EDIT 5: David Clarkson comes to an agreement to join the Maple Leafs. Sounds like a 7 year deal, and Dreger says less than $6 million per. After Bozak took less than he could have got on the open market, it makes me wonder if Clarkson dropped his price a bit because of the direction of the team, and the fact that he wants to be there.

5/$21 is fair. I don't know if that's what Bozak is worth, but that's what players at Bozak's level get paid nowadays. There's no true number 1 on the market, and he plays well with our number 1 wingers.

Clarkson is also a Leaf. 7 years, no dollar figure yet.

I am scared what the dollar amount will be for Clarkson. We have to sign Kessel and Dion next year :/

And at that price...I think I am ok with Bozak. But please, put him on the second line. let Kessel be amazing with Kadri.

Viktor Stalberg signs a 4 year deal worth $3 million per season with the Nashville Predators.

Stalberg really shined in Chicago, and he's the exact kind of player that is going to benefit from playing under Barry Trotz.

As long as Clarkson doesn't make more than the 5.5 Grabbo was getting, I'm happy.

As far as next year, Dion shouldn't get a raise unless he contends for a Norris, and Kessel can get his raise out of the money we don't have to pay Tucker and Armstrong anymore after this year.

Clarkson's deal is 7 years at $5.25 per year. Less than Grabovski, and fills a role, where Grabbo was just kind of languishing in Toronto under Carlisle.

EDIT: Boyd Gordon's deal has a cap hit of $3 million. Fuck. That's about twice what anyone else would have given him.

EDIT 2: Stephen Weiss signs with Detroit for 5 years at $4.9 million per season.

EDIT 3: Matt Cullen signed with Nashville for 2 years at $3.5 per year. Cullen and Stalberg joining the forward ranks. Seth Jones probably on the back end next year. David Poile always makes good, smart moves.

EDIT 4: Dan Ellis signs in Dallas. What does that mean for Stars goaltending though? Lehtonen is #1. What about Bachman?

EDIT 5: Nashville still adding up front. Eric Nystrom signs with the Predators. Tough, hard nosed player. Good pick up.

Filppula is off the market now. Apparently has signed a deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Centre pool has dwindled quickly.

I know his comments yesterday will drop a couple of teams off the list of potential suitors... but anyone that can get Grabovski top line minutes for a year should be looking at him intently.

EDIT: 5 years at $5 million per year. Makes sense with the departure of Lecavalier and the ties with Steve Yzerman.

Travis Hamonoc signs a 7 year deal with the Islanders for $27 million. Less than $4 million per year. THAT is a good long term contract. If it doesn't work out, he's still probably moveable. It's an easy number for a team to eat on the off-chance that a player might rebound from a bad season.

Good deal from Garth Snow.

EDIT: Canadiens acquire George Parros from Florida for Phillipe Lefebvre and a 7th Round Pick.

TOR signs T.J. Brennan.

No idea who he is, but according to a Leafs blogger...

T.J. Brennan is basically a slightly better Mike Kostka but a couple of years younger. If it's a sub-1M deal it's good on Toronto's part.

TOR signs T.J. Brennan.

No idea who he is, but according to a Leafs blogger...

T.J. Brennan is basically a slightly better Mike Kostka but a couple of years younger. If it's a sub-1M deal it's good on Toronto's part.

That's essentially it. He's mobile and good at moving the puck forward. Barring any injuries, he's going to be a top four guy for the Marlies.