(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

I hate Colorado :angry:

Plubby, you owe me $20!

Fuck you, Ruki. You owe me a billion for backing your shitty team.

I will eat your babies!

I am terrible at playoff pools :shifty:

But yeah, what the fuck Sharks? What do they even do next year?

I hate Colorado :angry:

Plubby, you owe me $20!

Fuck you, Ruki. You owe me a billion for backing your shitty team.

I will eat your babies!

I am terrible at playoff pools :shifty:

But yeah, what the fuck Sharks? What do they even do next year?

I believe you!

I am really shocked at the Avs more than I am at the Sharks blowing it. I really thought the Avs were at least a second round playoff team this year.

Sharks got unlucky on a shitty penalty that resulted in the first goal, but still...you have to score more than 1 goal to win a game in the playoffs.

I am really shocked at the Avs more than I am at the Sharks blowing it. I really thought the Avs were at least a second round playoff team this year.

Sharks got unlucky on a shitty penalty that resulted in the first goal, but still...you have to score more than 1 goal to win a game in the playoffs.

I hate you :(

I've got Chicago and LA winning in the West, and I'm gambling on Montreal and Pittsburgh in the East.

Though, I won't be upset if Minnesota keeps me alive in our tournament, or if Iginla advances with the Bruins.

I've got Chicago and LA winning in the West, and I'm gambling on Montreal and Pittsburgh in the East.

Though, I won't be upset if Minnesota keeps me alive in our tournament, or if Iginla advances with the Bruins.

I got LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston in rematches from last year. I'm pulling for Pittsburgh to go all the way, but if Rask stays hot, I don't see how they can beat Boston. Here's hoping Montreal beats, or wears down Boston.

fucking hell, I am not even done with the gillis post mortem and now tortz is axed too.

fucking hell, I am not even done with the gillis post mortem and now tortz is axed too.

I feel like it was overkill to fire both guys in Torts' first season behind the bench. Either Gillis didn't give him the tools he needed to succeed, or Tortorella just isn't good enough. It can be both, but it's highly unlikely.

I believe he deserved one more season behind the bench to prove that he wasn't the problem in Vancouver... but this could also be a move made by the team to distance themselves from the negative aspects of his coaching style and opinions.

On the plus side, Brian Burke said that there will be no coaching changes in Calgary for next season, so Bob Hartley gets another year to work with the squad and I expect to be challenging for a playoff spot so long as there are no major moves in Cow Town during the off season.

...what. You do realise is that if the squad gets no better, that like five teams have to get WORSE to get the Flames into the playoffs? Which five will it be?

The team improved over the course of the season and will continue to do so. Teams don't have to get worse, they just have to not get better. With Karri Ramo finally settling into his return to the NHL over the last bit of the season, the amount of one goal games that the team played, and the fact that they improved without adding any significant pieces, I'd say that a Flames squad that enters next season the way it ended this season has to be projected to be in the playoff hunt.

That said, with the way the team played together, the positivity of the coaches, and the fact that in season one of the rebuild, they shocked the hockey world... Calgary is going to look like a pretty okay landing spot for free agents. Even if we don't land any significant UFA's on July 1st, we have a shit ton of cap space and a couple of pieces that could bring back a decent return that improves the team now without mortgaging the future.

I fully believe that the Flames who ended the 2014 regular season are good enough to challenge for a playoff spot next season. That's not saying they make it. That's saying that they will be playing meaningful games right down to the wire.