EWR 2013 Stats Update: July ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Why.

The relationships file needs reducing. If you're suggesting a new addition, have the courtesy to explain your reasoning.

I've actually got no problem with the size of the relationship file. And I don't think deleting things just because maybe I hadn't heard of one of wrestlers in the relationship is the solution.

Anyway Mark Henry credits Cornette with teaching him about the history of wrestling and helping him improve a lot in the ring when he was sent down to OVW around 2000/2002.

• Like 1

It's not about deleting relationships because you "haven't heard of one of the wrestlers", or about arbitrarily reducing the size of the relationship file just for the sake of it - it's about reducing relationships that don't make sense within the context of the game. Relationships that, realistically, would not have the real-life implications that they do in the game - Colt Cabana having a "friendship" relationship with everyone he's ever met, for example.

• Like 2

It's not about deleting relationships because you "haven't heard of one of the wrestlers", or about arbitrarily reducing the size of the relationship file just for the sake of it - it's about reducing relationships that don't make sense within the context of the game. Relationships that, realistically, would not have the real-life implications that they do in the game - Colt Cabana having a "friendship" relationship with everyone he's ever met, for example.

Someone did go through WWE and the relationships they couldn't find on google they mentioned for removal. With the Colt Cabana ones they're mostly people he calls friends who he would be happy if they were signed to the same promotion probably unhappy if they were released.

That can get really annoying. A lot of times they're people that were trained by someone else. You may be willing to quit a promotion because they fire your teacher, but is your teacher going to quit for one of the dozens, or hundreds, of students he's trained? Especially if you take someone that's a relative nobody and push them to the main event at a global promotion? That being said, I just go smoke while I wait for the thing to load so it's no big deal for me either way...

The next promotion I'm wanting to add is Family Wrestling Entertainment (FWE), but I dunno if that'll happen in time for the August update, as I still have no idea on what their promotion Size, Money, Image, Risk, Production, Advertising and Merchandising should be. I have little more than a roster for them. I don't even have suggestions for the images (Prestige, not pics) of the belts. Without this info, I'd be taking a lot of shots in the dark as to what to give them.

This is my first shot at promotion stats, so if anyone wants to edit me feel free.

Name: Family Wrestling Entertainment
Initials: FWE
Size: Regional
Based in: America
Money: 2.4 mil
Image: 55
Large Event Announcers: none (should be owner Jordan Schneider, but the game won't let him be two places at once) and either Katarina Leigh or Matt Striker
Roster Splits: HOH
Risk: 68
Production: 60
Advertising: 55
Merchandising: 36
Development Territory: n/a
Training Camp: House of Hardcore School, camp facilities Average, head trainer none (should be Tommy Dreamer, but he's a worker)
Titles:
FWE Heavyweight Title - 40 image, currently held by John Morrison
FWE Tri-Borough Title - 28 image, currently held by Paul London
FWE Tag Team Title - 19 image, currently held by EJ Risk (still needs to be added) and VSK
Add FWE owner Jordan Schneider to the game.

Name: Jordan Schneider
Birth Month: January
Employer: FWE
Contract: Written
Position: Owner
Wage: n/a
Talent: 74
Backstage: 91
Tick Unsackable and Booker
Owner Style: Normal

When I have time I'll still try to work up stats for some more of the missing workers and staff.

Totally forgot the women's strap.

FWE Women's Title - 23 image, currently held by Maria Kanellis

Edited by Dan B.

Change the dislike between Ahmed Johnson and Jeff Jarrett to a hate, Johnson called him "extremely racist"

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Booker T, they grew up together and it was Booker T and Stevie Ray that got him into wrestling.

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Ron Simmons, after Simmons injured him they became friends and rode together.

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Vader, they use to ride together.

Add a dislike between Ahmed Johnson and Shawn Michaels, it's Shawn Michaels.

Add a hate between Ahmed Johnson and Mr. McMahon, McMahon told him he'd never be in the hall of fame and he'd erase him from the history books.

Change the dislike between Ahmed Johnson and Jeff Jarrett to a hate, Johnson called him "extremely racist"

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Booker T, they grew up together and it was Booker T and Stevie Ray that got him into wrestling.

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Ron Simmons, after Simmons injured him they became friends and rode together.

Add a friendship between Ahmed Johnson and Vader, they use to ride together.

Add a dislike between Ahmed Johnson and Shawn Michaels, it's Shawn Michaels.

Add a hate between Ahmed Johnson and Mr. McMahon, McMahon told him he'd never be in the hall of fame and he'd erase him from the history books.

I agree with most of those with a couple exceptions. The ones with Ron Simmons and Vader don't need to be added I don't think. If the game was set 10-15 years ago, I would agree, but its 2013. I doubt they hang out all that much these days.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of these relationships (especially the friendships) are just outdated and irrelevant. Look at Justin Credible. He is friends with all the other members of The Clique. In 2013, one of his friends is in charge of firing and hiring of the largest wrestling company in the world, yet hasn't hired him for a postion (unlike those like Billy Gunn and Road Dogg). Sure they may still hang out and talk occasionally, but in the wresting world, friend is tossed around too much. You are friends with most people you work with, then once you no longer work there, you don't talk to them as much. It's not that you hate them, you just lose touch with them. It's nice to catch up with friends from 15-20 years ago and you may still call them friends, but you won't lose sleep or morale if they are not working with you everyday.

Going through the June data (I never downloaded the July stats), Shawn Stasiak is friends with all of the other Power Plant/Natural Born Thrillers. 13 years ago, yes, that makes sense. 2013 it really doesn't. I'm not sure how often he wrestles these days (last I heard he enjoyed being a chiropracter and no real interest in wrestling full time), but I'm not sure he's booking or cancelling gigs because Mike Sanders is/isn't on the card. Again, they may talk and hang out, but neither would be too upset if the other isn't in the same company as them.

I know in the past I have complained about too many relationships, and I still think there are, but I think before we decide to overhaul it (which I think might need to be in order), I think we should have definite guidelines about how deep friendships should start, loyalty, hatred, and such. Also some guidelines for how much time should pass before we evaluate these friendships. Are friendships in 1996 relevant in 2013? What about dislikes? The guide is too vague in definitions for these and should be addressed.

Having said all that, I recently saw a Stone Cold interview, and I would remove the dislike with Eric Bischoff. He said his firing was water under the bridge, and things worked out ok in the end and they even worked together afterwards, so they both moved on.

• Like 3

Lower DT Porter behaviour by 25. Maybe more? Apparently he turned to drink after getting injured then even more when he got released, he may or may not have murdered his girlfriend but he was involved in a police chase.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/291873/UPDATED:-Former-WWE-Developmental-Talent-to-be-Charged-With-Murder.htm

Out of curiosity, how much would his behavior have been lowered if he'd only assaulted her with a bit of pipe?

Just remove him from the data; it's not like he's going to ever wrestle again.

I just gave a random number really because I wasn't not on my laptop so I didn't know what he had. I'm fine with him being removed, it wouldn't change anything for me.

Out of curiosity, how much would his behavior have been lowered if he'd only assaulted her with a bit of pipe?

Just remove him from the data; it's not like he's going to ever wrestle again.

I just gave a random number really because I wasn't not on my laptop so I didn't know what he had. I'm fine with him being removed, it wouldn't change anything for me.

If he is charged for murder, then yes delete him. But until then, keep him in the game. Still lower his behavior by 25. Also rename him to Donovan Ruddick(his real name).

Add a love relationship between Paige and Corey Graves.

Add a love relationship between AJ Lee and Brad Maddox.

http://www.gerweck.net/2013/07/25/more-wwe-couples/

I wouldn't add these, especially seeing as the source that the website (GERWECK.net) used is Facebook. It could've just been a fan creating a fake profile of the wrestlers. So, until we see more proof that there's a relationship between the wrestlers, I don't think that we should add it.

Meltzer reported both of those relationships, so it's not just a gossip site guessing at things. Though another board has suggested Meltzer got worked. Maybe just leave them as is until there's better confirmation either way?

As for DT Porter...yeah. Lowering his behaviour by 25 would make him a mischievous troublemaker, not a suspected murderer.