EWR 2013 Stats Update: July ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

But if its this way, lower Damien Sandow's brawling to 66, speed, to 25, and technical to 50.

Do not do this.

74 or 75(can't remember which) is too high brawling for someone like Damien Sandow. 66 seems a bit more appropriate. Speed is fine at whatever it is. As for technical, it needs to be lowered, he's not really a tech savvy guy. Lower it to the aforementioned 50. That's half-way and he doesn't really even deserve that so I'm being lenient.

But if its this way, lower Damien Sandow's brawling to 66, speed, to 25, and technical to 50.

Do not do this.
74 or 75(can't remember which) is too high brawling for someone like Damien Sandow. 66 seems a bit more appropriate. Speed is fine at whatever it is. As for technical, it needs to be lowered, he's not really a tech savvy guy. Lower it to the aforementioned 50. That's half-way and he doesn't really even deserve that so I'm being lenient.

I think Damien Sandow deserves an increase more than a decrease, the street fight he had with Sheamus shows he can brawl.

Tick booker for Byron Saxton.

• Like 1

Do not do this.

I think Damien Sandow deserves an increase more than a decrease, the street fight he had with Sheamus shows he can brawl.

Tick booker for Byron Saxton.

I had actually forgotten about the street fight with Sheamus. My fault.

RE: relationships. I'm sitting here in the... 13th, 14th minute of loading up the latest data and a lot of that loading time is caused by the massively bloated relationships file. If anything, we should be looking to get rid of relationships rather than adding more, or at least doing almost a like-for-like thing whereby we'd remove one for every one added. All adding more does is just increase loading time.

• Like 3

• Admin

There's nothing wrong with waiting for a few minutes - it's when you're sitting waiting for quarter of an hour plus that it becomes unacceptable.

This isn't a slight on Bill by the way, who has basically kept EWR alive single-handedly for the last few years. It's just lots of ridiculous suggestions which slip through the net and have accumulated.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with waiting for a few minutes - it's when you're sitting waiting for quarter of an hour plus that it becomes unacceptable.

This isn't a slight on Bill by the way, who has basically kept EWR alive single-handedly for the last few years. It's just lots of ridiculous suggestions which slip through the net and have accumulated.

I'd rather do something else then sit and look at a loading screen, maybe it's just me.

Add friendships for Mark Henry with Antonio Cesaro, Brian Christopher, CM Punk, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Jerry Lawler, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Kurt Angle, Ron Simmons, R-Truth, Scotty The Hotty, The Rock and a loyalty with Undertaker.

Wanted to reply to some posts and throw some things out there, since we're getting close to the end of the month:

I would hold off on removing Chikara. Icarus posted something on the 101 about showing up in Easton on the 20th. We should know something about their status by then.

From what I've read, Icarus was there last night, with about 20 people, handed out some shirts in exchange for the fans signing on to an email "petition" of some sort.

At this stage, I dunno if I'll have time to remove Chikara in time for August, but I'm guessing that they're going to be inactive for at least a protracted period of time. At this point, to be honest, I'm struggling to find a good reason to keep them in the data, given what we know. As I said before, even if they DO return, chances are it will have a different roster, along with possible other differences, which could then be addressed in re-adding the promotion to the game... It's not like we don't have any empty slots to put them back in when and if they get going again.

There have been quite a few tweets from Billy Gunn praising Mojo Rawley. Perhaps a friendship?

Don't see why a staff member praising a worker would warrant a friendship... If, for example, Jim Ross praised Dean Ambrose, would that make them friends...?

I downloaded the Beginners file for the first time this month, so I could get the Pictures all sorted for the game. Only a brief thing this, and I appreciate it is easy enough for users to fix themselves, but I noticed that you have Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero's pictures the wrong way around. Not noticed any other mistakes yet.

I'll probably just cut new pics for the two of them then for the August Update. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Also, again just a general comment, I'm disappointed that the NWA Word Title is no longer in the game. With that belt having such a long history to it, I used to always try and buy out CWFH just to get the title

Well, my updates are based on real life and from what I understand, that title is no longer part of CWFH... You could simply add it to your promotion at the start of your game... Wouldn't even need to buy a promotion out to get it!

- AJ Lee is done playing the role of Dolph's supporter, so make her Midcarder.

- Big E Langston as Manager for AJ Lee

I'd be willing to hear other's opinions on this, but I personally don't see Langston as a Manager for AJ. My guess would be, Langston will have his own feud (possibly with Ziggler) with AJ as his "manager," as it is in the game currently. Aj has been removed as Ziggler's manager, though. I could even see a case for both AJ and Langston to just be workers (meaning neither of them is a "manager"). Just have a hard time seeing it the other way, but again, anyone can feel free to comment on this one.

RE: relationships. I'm sitting here in the... 13th, 14th minute of loading up the latest data and a lot of that loading time is caused by the massively bloated relationships file. If anything, we should be looking to get rid of relationships rather than adding more, or at least doing almost a like-for-like thing whereby we'd remove one for every one added. All adding more does is just increase loading time.

I've said multiple times that, if people feel that there are relationships in the game that they don't feel reflect the in-game results correctly (such as a loyalty between two people, when neither of those two would quit a job for the other) please bring them up and we can certainly remove them. But, on the other side of that, I feel that relationships should be added when the result of the in-game mechanics warrant it. In other words, I don't want to NOT add a relationship that should be in the game, just because "the relationships file is too big."

On the surface, I completely agree with you... There most likely ARE relationships in the game that don't need to be in, as having those relationships in the game affects the game in a non-realistic way.

The problem is, nobody has gone through and said "Here are the relationships that I don't feel should be in the game for these reasons... Let's discuss them." I don't want to just go through and remove relationships because of my opinion, I want to remove the ones that really don't belong (meaning that they result in an in-game effect that isn't realistic). A relationship that I removed (because someone suggested it) was the Mr. McMahon/Ultimate Warrior relationship. Due to Warrior being in the WWE2K14 game and especially since Warrior was interviewed by WWE.com and McMahon personally welcomed Warrior back on Twitter, I don't feel that McMahon and Warrior would not want to work with each other in the same promotion.

IMO, these are the kinds of relationships that should be removed. Another one that I removed, IIRC, was Jericho and RVD... I don't remember if it was a dislike or hate, but it was a negative relationship that would have affected their work together in EWR, due to that relationship. With them having a great match on RAW (and Jericho acknowledging that) there is no reason to have a relationship in the game that could potentially mess up their in-game work together.

Hopefully, this all makes sense. In short, I'm all for removing relationships in the game that shouldn't be there. But, I want to make sure we remove the RIGHT relationships and remove them because they shouldn't be there, not just because the "file is too full already."

Other Notes:

FIP is pretty much in now, I believe... Just need to get them a logo and banner, I think. Couple really quick notes:

It seemed like Caleb was a face in FIP so I am unsure on that one.

Pretty sure that's true, as it seems as if Konley is face in DG-EVO now as well. He and Scott Reed faced off at a DGUSA event in April.

Amasis (Face, Royalty)

Royalty gimmick must be Tweener or Heel - I have him as Comedy Character, as he is in Chikara

Jessicka Havok is already in three promotions, so I'm holding off on adding her to FIP

The next promotion I'm wanting to add is Family Wrestling Entertainment (FWE), but I dunno if that'll happen in time for the August update, as I still have no idea on what their promotion Size, Money, Image, Risk, Production, Advertising and Merchandising should be. I have little more than a roster for them. I don't even have suggestions for the images (Prestige, not pics) of the belts. Without this info, I'd be taking a lot of shots in the dark as to what to give them.

Finally, as I said before, I'm seriously considering combining CZW and WSU, similar to how Shimmer/Shine, DGUSA/EVOLVE and PWS/BLOW are combined, basically making WSU a roster split of CZW. Reason being, every event that WSU has promoted since new ownership took over has been a co-promotion with CZW. This would also free up another slot for a potential new promotion and be able to work a few workers into promotions that they should be in, but currently can't be, due to being in three promotions already. If anyone has an objection to this, I'll listen, but to be honest, the fact that they have been co-promoting makes it hard for me to see a good reason on why they shouldn't be combined. This probably won't happen until September, but unless I get a really good reason as to why they shouldn't be combined, chances are, they will be, as again, I can't see a good reason not to.

Think that's all I got... Sorry for the novel.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Amasis is definitely not a comedy character, nor does he fit the "Royalty" gimmick in any real sense. Since his return, I'd say that he's a perfect fit for the "Man On A Mission" gimmick, personally.

As for CHIKARA, I know it's not ideal, but maybe rename in the data as "Wrestling Is..."? There's not really any way EWR can accurately reflect the Wrestling Is group, but they're closely linked to CHIKARA and for the most part share the same workers under the same gimmicks. Most people are of the belief that CHIKARA will return at some point, too, so when they do all you'd need to do is rename the promotion from "Wrestling Is" back to "CHIKARA", rather than removing the whole thing and re-adding it at a later date.