What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

Another thing I can compare it to. You think all those people that like to shit all over Justin Bieber and make crappy "lol he sux" jokes actually legit hate him because of the music he puts out or do you think most over them hear his name, see that he's popular, see people shitting on him get praised and decided to do trying the same thing for the laughs? Not saying no one dislikes him cause I sure as hell know I don't like his songs I've heard but you know alot of the shit he gets is people trying to score Internet points.

Right, but who cares what stupid people do or think? You're not going to be awarded cash later on for meeting some sort of bizarre nebulous standard of Internet Cool.

This is like when you were getting mad at those guys who were complaining about the director of iCarly, and it's like, dude, they're people complaining about the director of iCarly.

• Like 3

Another thing I can compare it to. You think all those people that like to shit all over Justin Bieber and make crappy "lol he sux" jokes actually legit hate him because of the music he puts out or do you think most over them hear his name, see that he's popular, see people shitting on him get praised and decided to do trying the same thing for the laughs? Not saying no one dislikes him cause I sure as hell know I don't like his songs I've heard but you know alot of the shit he gets is people trying to score Internet points.

What you are describing is "people making jokes," not "people trying desperately to score cool points." You only score "cool points" if the joke is actually good. The subject matter isn't important.

I've said "cool points" too many times and I hate it.

I get where Kirkland is coming from, there's a definite difference between "some people say they hate x to seem cool" and "everyone who says they hate x is doing it to seem cool". I've got no problem with people genuinely disliking Nickelback, I'm far from a fan myself but there are definitely some people out there who "hate" Nickelback because other people do and that's the cool thing to do. I'm not saying anyone here does that, but there are definitely people that do it.

Ghost Machine is right about one thing. Type O Negative are all kinds of bad.

Glancing back through this thread and had to cosign this. I get recommendations for Type O Negative fairly frequently because they are dark and I like doom metal, but they're terrible.

I've been feeling very meh about a lot of stuff that comes on the radio for the last few years. Chalk that up to me working in a store where I have to deal with that kind of shit day in and day out (thankfully, not anymore) and then partially on coming into contact with a lot of amazing music that I am glad that I have heard and had the chance to listen to. But regardless - I still do pick up on and enjoy a few things, but if I ever had to make a list of artists/bands that I absolutely see no merit it.. it absolutely HAS to start with:

Lady Gaga

Seriously. FUCK Lady Gaga and just about any other artist that plays to whatever is popular, whatever makes them look good and whatever gets them a following and then continues to switch it up OR only bring up something when they have new material coming out. I mean - good for her honestly.. but the further she's gotten into it the more bullshit it's become. And even after reading that, I think I sound a little insane for calling someone out for doing whatever is going to get them the most cash.. but I kind of give a shit about integrity and the honesty of music now. And seriously, just fuck that shit.

I don't even like Lady Gaga at all in the slightest, but no.

The whole point of her when she came out was that she was different and nobody liked her so she went all DIY on MySpace and eventually caught on.

I see TMW's System of a Down and raise him a Rammstein.

I've been feeling very meh about a lot of stuff that comes on the radio for the last few years. Chalk that up to me working in a store where I have to deal with that kind of shit day in and day out (thankfully, not anymore) and then partially on coming into contact with a lot of amazing music that I am glad that I have heard and had the chance to listen to. But regardless - I still do pick up on and enjoy a few things, but if I ever had to make a list of artists/bands that I absolutely see no merit it.. it absolutely HAS to start with:

Lady Gaga

Seriously. FUCK Lady Gaga and just about any other artist that plays to whatever is popular, whatever makes them look good and whatever gets them a following and then continues to switch it up OR only bring up something when they have new material coming out. I mean - good for her honestly.. but the further she's gotten into it the more bullshit it's become. And even after reading that, I think I sound a little insane for calling someone out for doing whatever is going to get them the most cash.. but I kind of give a shit about integrity and the honesty of music now. And seriously, just fuck that shit.

Is...is your argument that Lady Gaga changes her style too often? Would you prefer she just rerelease the same songs with tweaked lyrics or something each year?

• Like 2