What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

There are numerous Scandinavian bands who play similar music to Mumford and Sons and still manage to do it without being annoying. That means that it must boil down to the band itself rather than the music, especially as older folk music is rather splendid, as indeed, is plenty of the newer folk-influenced work.

Perhaps they're just "victims" of their own success in being pulled forward as the poster boys for the "folk-revival" or whatever.

See, even Pitbull, isn't unremittingly crap - this is a decent song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrzRmU51zTI

These are some good suggestions here but I still haven't found a band I hate!

Metallica are shit but I quite like Master Of Puppets

The Gaslight Anthem are shit but I saw them live once and they put on a good show.

Maroon 5 is a really good shout and probably the closest so far. Though I quite like Moves Like Jagger :puke:

Oasis are shit but have a couple alright songs.

Mumford & Sons are really bland and have no good songs. They might be the winners. And those Scandinavian folk bands sound shit too.

Creed and U2.

Creed is a weird one as 3/4 of that band make up Alter Bridge who i like so my hatred probably stems for Scott Stapp more than anything else

U2 because Bono is an insufferable bellend. My sister went to see U2 once and for a two and a half hour concert he allegedly bleated on about protecting the planet and saving the whales for half of the show

I know I have the gimmick of hating Muse... I just hate the concept of them being revered as amazing when they are actually really middle of the road <_<

I really really dislike Alt J the majority of the time, and the proliferation of acts like Jake Bugg, they all just bore me to tears, there is nothing substantial about them whatsoever, oh and Vampire Weekend, especially Vampire Weekend.

To move to the other end of the scale I will never see why anyone can like the sound of bands like Disturbed or Five Finger Death punch, they just are so uninspiring that I can't listen to them, I have found people whole listen to them trying to be interesting and different and then listening, to steal a colour from earlier, to the most beige "alternative" music they can find, its like saying you're in to Rock music and only listening to U2.

Oh yeah, and U2

With Muse, when I saw them for the first time (as an 18/19 year old in 1999/00, supporting Ash) I was instantly a fan. Showbiz was a haunting album. The vocal work of Bellamy set them apart somewhat and the bass work was very good.

The next two albums were very good too but after that I started to lose interest.

I went to see them again in Japan when they released The Resistance and I enjoyed the gig as a kind of official "end of the relationship" send off. Now I just listen, from time to time, to their older stuff and have no interest in following latest news on them. In fact the best thing at that gig was an excellent performance of Citizen Erased which blew all their newer songs out of the water.

So I choose to remember them from that period when I DO bother listening to them. When they got all well known as "best live band" and started putting on all the big screen shows etc at their gigs and their music got more up itself....nah.

For example I find it hard to hate this:

A couple of other ones I've thought of.

The National - For all the shit Coldplay and Keane get for being bland. The National are just as boring. They strike me as all super serious and no fun at all.

Arctic Monkeys - Right, I actually don't mind the band that much. I thought humbug was alright (although that might be because of the echoes of Josh Homme). But being surrounded by a bunch of uberfans who incessantly quote lyrics and circlejerk over everything they do 24/7 is enough to make you destroy all of their albums on sight.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Pretty much the same as the above. Just swap Humbug for.... actually I can't think of a single album of theirs I like.

Pitbull - Because, "UGH. PITBULL!" in every damn song.

Metallica - All of their albums, even their Pre Black Album stuff which was supposedly good.

Jake Bugg - NME Hype Act #154 who isn't actually that good you guys.

Captain Beefhart - Seriously. Why the fuck is this guy so critically lauded. Trout Mask Replica is about as fun as having your back scraped by sandpaper, and yes i've listened to it way more times than I should. Plus the man was actually a terrible human being who physically abused his bandmates.

Fall Out Boy - ugh

System of a Down/Limp Bizkit/Five Finger Death Punch/Slipknot/Korn/As My Butthole Lays Bleeding/The rest of these fucking bands - :bang:

Captain Beefhart - Seriously. Why the fuck is this guy so critically lauded. Trout Mask Replica is about as fun as having your back scraped by sandpaper, and yes i've listened to it way more times than I should. Plus the man was actually a terrible human being who physically abused his bandmates.

He's critically lauded because he's super good.
  • Like 3