The all-purpose GTAV Online thread

probablyoliver

Have you tried it recently? The guy who discovered it said on the GTAV subreddit that people are telling him it's been fixed already

Apparently you have someone start an invite only session and then you go replay the intro mission until you get outside the bank, then you have the person invite you to Online. From there, you fly to the bottom right of the map and you'll see mountains in the distance. Fly over and you'll get to Yankton.

There's now a bajillion videos on the process on YouTube, don't know who found it first but that's the general process in the video I saw on Kotaku about it.

Me and the crew I play with headed to North Yankton tonight

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

so I joined the 360 EWB gang last night or the night before. but I'm not really convinced Online is all that fun. I'm leaving that up to you guys to prove me wrong :shifty:

It really isn't, and it's probably not going to pick up anytime soon unless the heists come. The missions are mostly awful, the races are alright and unless you've got a few online buddies to fuck around with the environment it's just not worth playing. Worse still, the experience system is very grindy, and by the time you've got the sniper rifle and taken out a few unsuspecting players from the top of a building you've had pretty much all the fun you can have.

I had more fun with Cloudy and Chris2k just fucking around on BMX bikes than doing any of the survival missions, but races are still fun providing you don't get the map vetoed and switched to 'prison goes round in circles'.

Yeah I thought the whole point of Online was being able to do heists with each other. Every time I go to do a "mission", it's a last team standing or something like that. Not exactly what I wanted. Still kind of feels like GTAIV's online mode.

Yeah I thought the whole point of Online was being able to do heists with each other. Every time I go to do a "mission", it's a last team standing or something like that. Not exactly what I wanted. Still kind of feels like GTAIV's online mode.

Are you doing it wrong? They have the lat team standings, the deathmatches, survivals, and races, but they also have actual missions. If you're not ranking, you're not getting many new missions, but I'd be curious to know how you're getting just last team standing.

I don't have a mic, but I might be on later (ps3) will have to join EWB crew if there's an open spot.

How exactly do you pay to get your car out from the impound? Is there something in contacts that I'm missing? Other than that, I think the thing I'm most enjoying from the patch is the ability to run in the apartment and garage. That, and the fact that if you go into your garage and press down, it shows stats for the cars above them (and whether they're insured). Might have been there already, but I've never noticed it.

I really hope the next patch fixes an issue where you're in an invite session with someone/people, do a mission, go back to freemode on the vote screen, and get put into separate sessions. That has happened probably 70% of the time I'm playing with a friend, even if we do a closed crew session. Makes zero sense.

Also, for some reason I'm unable to request my personal vehicle via the back button. Regardless of how far away from it I am, the option is always grayed out for me.

Have you tried it recently? The guy who discovered it said on the GTAV subreddit that people are telling him it's been fixed already

Yeah, it's been fixed. The cargobob for 185k is still an available glitch.

Most of the Race money glitches (well, not glitches, but generous amounts) have been fixed. Same with the RP's on those races. The bounty glitch to RP has been fixed. Seems like a lot of the races now offer horrible RP's and money. Thankfully, the coveted mission still offers 12k and is rather quick & easy. The new missions pay out well the first time you do them.

How exactly do you pay to get your car out from the impound? Is there something in contacts that I'm missing? Other than that, I think the thing I'm most enjoying from the patch is the ability to run in the apartment and garage. That, and the fact that if you go into your garage and press down, it shows stats for the cars above them (and whether they're insured). Might have been there already, but I've never noticed it.

The thing in the garages has always been there.

And the ability to pay to get your car out of the impound is coming in a later patch. A Rockstar employee commented on the patch notes saying so.

I have, created one race which was fun, halfway doing a deathmatch which is shit since I got bored of it. It is a simple tool to use and with a decent knowledge of the map easy to create good races. Mine is reasonably good if basic, many I have seen have silly jumps made or walls everywhere so not a fan of them.