The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I was always going to see this through anyways as a huge Marvel and Whedon fan, but the last two episodes have been great. Good character development, the overarching stories progressed nicely. Agreed with others that last weeks was the better of the two though.

Thoughts on the characters;

Coulson - awesome as always

Skye - quite boring, If she wasn't so hot I'd say she's pretty pointless. Depends on what her history turns up though, could make it all worthwhile.

Ward - likable enough, nothing amazing but not offensive in any way either.

May - Totally don't get the deal and why people seem to like her so much, without a doubt the most boring of the main cast.

Fitz and Simmons - Quickly becoming my favourites, especially after the last two shows. Fitz with Ward was awesome, and I was prepared to be devastated when Gemma seemed like she wasn't surviving last week.

• Like 1

I think I'd like May more if she were paired with Fitz and Simmons more. The contrast would be nice. As it stands, she mostly hangs out with Ward or Coulson, who're so similar that she doesn't really have much to do or say. As it stands, I don't dislike her, she's just not really adding anything all that interesting to me. Outside of the odd "Hey, that was cool" moment.

• Like 1

Yeah, really enjoyable once again. Who was it that quit right before this string of good episodes, Benji, right? LOL Benji :P

EDIT: Oh God, just read the review of it on AV Club. This episode was bad and yet apparently The Dark World was amazing? Terrible.

Edited by Benkid

I think people (myself included) like May because she looks and acts like an agent of a super secret government spy division... whereas the rest of the agents on The Bus with Coulson look like they were pulled from reject school, or are Ward.

I can't say BINGO enough to this.

I actually really liked this last episode. I do have to say though, that Skye is really dragging on me now (either do something with "rising tide" or just stop all together).

The one time I've really liked Skye in the last couple episodes was when she was interacting with Simmons. More of that please. Less of Skye/Ward.

The episode was fine. I did think it was funny that the "crossover" was pretty much just cleaning up a library, though. The show really does need to work harder at setting up good villains instead of these vague stand-ins.

It's in serious need of a central villain. I think they would have been better served introducing a key villain upon the introduction of AIM or whatever secret company it is. It doesn't even need to be a big Marvel villain, it just needs to be a decent character played by a good actor. I could deal with all the villain of the week shit if there was a big one we knew of.

Basically, it should've gone the Buffy route.

• Like 2

It's in serious need of a central villain. I think they would have been better served introducing a key villain upon the introduction of AIM or whatever secret company it is. It doesn't even need to be a big Marvel villain, it just needs to be a decent character played by a good actor. I could deal with all the villain of the week shit if there was a big one we knew of.

Basically, it should've gone the Buffy route.

I'm really hoping that the Rising Tide thing was a front/farce and that people like Skye were being used by AIM/whomever and that it plays into a bigger picture role with either a Splinter Cell organization within SHIELD or AIM/whomever attempting to take over from within.

I'd love to see someone like Madam Hydra or Von Strucker (it seems the Movies have moved past these characters) .... or maybe have SWORD or ARMOR play into it with the central villain heading up one of those (like Brand maybe).

We're only on episode eight of 22 for this reason, right? I think it'll pick up dramatically next year, but for now, it's a perfectly fine show. It's just obviously not made for diehard Marvel fans or anything.

I know before I said this was a perfectly fine show for something that's supposed to be associated with superheroes and ABC... but, man... fuck that last episode. They had a chance to make that lady super-powered, with the telekinesis stuff, but nope... stalker ghost.

I didn't watch the pilot, so I don't even know how the character/story was for J. August Richards, but next week's episode looks like it has promise. But I think the people who edit the previews for next week are just really, really good at their job, because it's been that way every week now, and I'm running out of reasons to still watch. Besides being too lazy to undo it on my DVR.