The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Maybe they are teasing for the Abomination to appear in during the season? Similar to what Joss did with Angel and the Beast. Or at least planting the seeds to something more dangerous bound to occur. I just wanna see Blonksy back again.

I don't think we'll see Blonsky this season but hey, who knows. After getting Jamie Alexander and Bill Paxton for upcoming episodes I wouldn't be gobsmacked by Tim Roth showing up.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. It seems like a switch was flipped in terms of what they're allowed to show violence-wise and the May fight scene that resulted is by far my favorite the show's done.

I'm enjoying the show. It's more about me being interested in seeing where this is leading though, than it is about me enjoying the quality of what we've seen. It's not bad, and it's been getting better. But the intrigue is what's keeping me around.

That said, the cast and crew tried to blame Netflix and binge-watching for people's impatience... but for me, the impatience comes from the fact that they don't have a regular schedule. We get a couple episodes, and then a break... then an episode and a break. I know that it's the nature of network television, but if they want to blame something for fan impatience, it's gotta be that. If you run all 22 episodes in consecutive weeks, people wouldn't complain as much.

I'm interested in where they're going with Deathlok and Skye right now. May was bad ass as usual this week, and it's nice to see them referencing more from the cinematic universe. I know people complained because they felt it was being done as a way for the show to seem cool... but I find that it is a nice reminder that these things exist within this universe. It opens the door for them to be explored later, or to make for an easier explanation for something else that occurs later on.

What did Joss do with Angel and Beast? Or are we talking the tv show Angel rather than X-Men as I've assumed?

Angel the TV show, I mean. The Beast didn't offically appear until midway through season 4, but he was seen first in a vision of Angel's.

I think you guys are kind of reaching with the Abomination stuff. It's just a little bit on continuity, which is surprising since that's Edward Norton's Hulk. But Mark Ruffalo doesn't have a film, so I guess it's okay. I'm really interested in the Skye story now, and isn't Deathlok supposed to have one side of his face be cyborg? C'mon!

I think you guys are kind of reaching with the Abomination stuff. It's just a little bit on continuity, which is surprising since that's Edward Norton's Hulk. But Mark Ruffalo doesn't have a film, so I guess it's okay. I'm really interested in the Skye story now, and isn't Deathlok supposed to have one side of his face be cyborg? C'mon!

Norton's Hulk is considered canon. They just replaced the actor, same as they did with Howard/Cheadle.

Deathlok in the comics looks like a zombie/terminator hybrid. For reasons that are probably related to budget and the fact that it's on ABC, he probably won't ever look exactly like that. I do expect that we'll see more enhancements to him though, over time. They may introduce an enhancement to his face to help with vision or what have you. The scarring on the side of his face looks like it would affect his vision and/or hearing. So don't rule out more changes to the character.

I figure that, right off the bat especially, they still want people to be able to identify with Mike Petersen, the man... and that his psychological transition into the character of Deathlok will be a focus of the show moving forward.

Yeah, loved this weeks episode. Glad I stuck with this and my faith in both Whedon and the Marvel cinematic universe is paying off. This episode seemed to have a very different pace to usual, a good thing for sure. Warming up to May more now she's showing some actual personality too. Also hating the time between episodes.

Deathlok is a great addition to the show and I hope they include other things from the comics which probably wouldn't get into a movie. Kinda like what they're doing with Arrow. So many cool properties they could use which would fit with the show.

In regards to Deathlok's appearance, I could swear a few weeks back a picture was leaked/posted of him in full cyborg getup from a future episode, can't seem to find it anywhere though.

Great Episode,love the cameo.The Blonski reference was great and I think a fight between Him back to his human form vs May and Ward will be cool.I guess Deathlock got the same kind x- ray eye the captured agent from earlier in the season got (sorry doesnt remember her name) since He takes orders the same way.

• 4 weeks later...

Good episode but the "Uprising" subtitle now is all sorts of cheesy.

It's just the title of the story arc that is happening. We are getting into the nitty gritty now, with the "crossover" with The Winter Soldier beginning. I doubt that it will be a huge crossover, and that it will just be more that the events in the show during this arc have an impact on the new Cap film, which will have an impact on the show as well.

That's definitely a Kree, no? Isn't that how Carol became Ms. Marvel? She got implanted with Kree DNA from Captain Marvel or something like that.

EDIT: Boo on that being Lorelai and not Amora.

I'm not 100% sure on the comic book origin for Ms. Marvel, but I know that in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, that's the origin they go with.

I honestly wouldn't hate it. She's a budding actress that has been getting better every week. If it doesn't work out, they can always write her off and give the Ms Marvel title to a bad ass SHIELD agent or something.

The most interesting thing for me though, is that this opens it up for a potential short about how the Kree (presumably Captain Marvel) ended up in that tube.

Yeah, I was thinking that it might be Marvel too. Although that would mean that he's dead.

Next story arc is probably going to involve Asgardians though, what with Lorelei in this week's episode and Sif going to be appearing as well. I hope Jamie Alexander appears for a few episodes, that would be cool. The showrunners have said that they'll explore the Sif character a lot more, so I'm excited for that.