The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Take this all with a grain of salt, because 4chan, but here is what Marvel wants on Disney+:

Loki
The Vision & Scarlet Witch
The Winter Soldier & Falcon
Rocket Raccoon & Groot
Hawkeye
War Machine
Lady Sif
Agent 13
Nebula
Okoye
Hank Pym
The Ravagers
Moon Knight
The Sentry

In addition, several X-Men properties will likely be TV shows or mini-series'.

Here are some details about 6 of those shows (Loki, Vision/Wanda, Hawkeye, War Machine, Sif, Bucky/Falcon). I'll put them behind spoilers, because two of the shows, if proven to be true, has spoilers for Endgame.

Spoiler

Loki meets the Norns after his death in Infinity War, and must persuade them to spare his soul from Hel. Hiddleston will appear in bookend scenes, and narrate throughout, but the majority of the story is about Loki's youth and the events that led him down the path of evil, with a new actor playing young Loki. Fionn Whitehead (Dunkirk, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch) is being brought up to play young Loki. Also, young Thor, and Rene Russo will have a big role as their mother Frigga. Odin will be away on a mission for most of the story, and the few times he does appear, his face will be obscured, with Anthony Hopkins ADR-ing the dialogue. Karnilla and Ulik will be the mean villains.

Vision is reborn in Endgame, and reunites with Scarlet Witch. They attempt to lead normal lives in the suburbs of New York, but Vision is no longer connected to the Mind Stone and is therefore cold and emotionless. Scarlet Witch attempts to use her powers to restore Vision's "soul" with disastrous results. Described as a "psychological thriller", light on action and heavy on atmosphere, and explores the lead character's personal issues. Vision will be in human form for most of the series, and become the villain, as Wanda realizes she accidentally allowed a dark spirit to possess him. Agatha Harkness will be a mysterious figure attempting to reveal secrets of Wanda's past to her. The public's backlash against human/machine relations will be a subplot. Frances Conroy, Vanessa Redgrave & Dianne West are being considered for Agatha Harkness.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier will be "deeply ingrained" in the events of Phase 4. Falcon & Bucky are recruited by SHIELD to prevent the anarchist group Ultimatum from enforcing a plan developed by HYDRA to destroy the UN. They also must deal with John Walker, a solider that the US government recruited to become the "new Captain America", who slowly goes insane. Described as a "spy thriller", but also relies on the dynamic between Falcon & Bucky. Sharon Carter will be their SHIELD contact, with Nick Fury also making appearances. William Hurt is in talks to reprise his role as Thaddeus Ross.

Hawkeye mini-series is described as a "caper". He comes out of retirement to help aspiring vigilante Kate Bishop after she gets in trouble with organized crime while using the Hawkeye name. Barton's family would be heavily featured as well. Linda Cardellini is willing to return, but Jeremy Renner is still deciding on if he wants to do it. The Hood & Trickshot would be the villains.

Lady Sif is being pitched as a "sidequel", about her journey across the Nine Realms after Loki exiles her while he's masquerading as Odin. Beta Ray Bill would be one of Sif's companions, and the Enchantress would be the main villain. Jamie Alexander is willing to return, but they're "trying to figure out a schedule that doesn't conflict with Blindspot".

War Machine is... a sci-fi thriller?! Rhodes pushes the boundaries of his own humanity, and investigates the theft of Stark Industries technology and uncovers a conspiracy "masterminded by an elusive organization" that provides criminals and terrorists with cybernetic enhancements. Thought of as a deep dive into the War Machine lore, it'd introduce his sister Jeanette, his girlfriend Glenda Sandoval, and Suzi Endo and Jake Oh. Parnell Jacobs and Stewart Clarke would be the villains. "Limiting factors" (read: might not happen) are the budget for such a show, and Cheadle's schedule.

Again, this comes from 4chan, so it could all be fake. Or it could be mostly fake with some truth to it. Mostly true with some fake bits. Or entirely true. Who knows. But it all sounds pretty damn good. Except for that Loki show. Fuck that. I've never cared for Loki anyway.

Agents of SHIELD newz: Briana Venskus (Piper! yaaaaaay) and Joel Stoffer (Enoch) will be recurring cast in season 6, and Anthony Michael Hall is joining the cast in an unnamed role.

• Like 2

That's a lot of shows, but if they go down the sort of 4-6 episode length, and just release them spread out, it could be very doable. 

15 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Agents of SHIELD newz: Briana Venskus (Piper! yaaaaaay) and Joel Stoffer (Enoch) will be recurring cast in season 6, and Anthony Michael Hall is joining the cast in an unnamed role.

He'll be the bad guy.  That might be a spoiler, I don't know for certain, I just have a feeling he'll be the big bad of season 6 or even season 7.

And echo the yay for Briana Vanskus!  She also played a DEO agent on Supergirl, so it was fun having an actress in the Arrowverse and MCU.  Fans have playfully called her Piper Vasquez in a nod to her dual roles

12 minutes ago, DFF said:

That's a lot of shows, but if they go down the sort of 4-6 episode length, and just release them spread out, it could be very doable. 

Yeah i was thinking that, it actually feels a lot like how comics work (I think). You've got your ongoing series in the likes of Shield (where the actors are cheaper...) but then 4-6 "issue" miniseries running alongside. I could live with that, full length series of all of those would be very annoying, and makes a lot of things disposable and unessential. 

• Like 2

On 17/01/2019 at 09:55, GoGo Yubari said:

Yay! I like Enoch!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Big spoiler at the end of the trailer

I have questions

• 2 weeks later...

The Loki series on Disney+ has found its executive producer and show creator (and writer, of at least the pilot for now). Michael Waldon, from Rick & Morty, will head up the series, and according to the Hollywood Reporter, unlike the "leaks" I posted previously - the show will supposedly be about Loki influencing important historical events and figures.

12 hours ago, Ruki said:

I've yet to watch Punisher season 2 .Is it good?

I'm about halfway through. I feel like if you enjoyed the first season, you'll enjoy the second. Frank Castle killing bad guys... good guys trying to tell him that you can't do that and not be a bad guy... Frank knowing that they're all fucking idiots because bad guys always end up back on the street if they aren't taken out... yadda yadda.

Jon Bernthal really is great, and his supporting cast for season 2 has been holding up quite well.

• Like 2