The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Yeah, I think down the line we'll see someone. Tonight, the only characters from the movies I think we're seeing are Coulson (obviously) and Hill.

I will be watching, of course. Early reviews indicate it's good-but-not-great, which suits me fine because the only Joss Whedon show that did start out great was Firefly.

I wasn't so pumped at first and I was more along the lines of "Please, dear lord, don't let this suck.". I still carry that sentiment, but now that the day has finally arrived, I am so incredibly excited to finally watch it. I've heard that it's pretty good from everything I've read as well so I'm looking forward to it.

Plus, the black guy in the hoodie they keep showing the in all the trailers jumping out the window with somebody in his arms better be Luke Cage. This TV show is a great way to get some of Marvel's great lower level heroes some love.

I have too many shows DVR'ing on Tuesdays and now, this one comes in to run my Tuesday nights. I honestly can't wait. I, for one, am not hoping for the whole "oh, god, please don't suck". From some of the early reviews, it seems like it's going to take off as a great show. Now, it's only the waiting game until 7, tonight.

I wasn't so pumped at first and I was more along the lines of "Please, dear lord, don't let this suck.". I still carry that sentiment, but now that the day has finally arrived, I am so incredibly excited to finally watch it. I've heard that it's pretty good from everything I've read as well so I'm looking forward to it.

Plus, the black guy in the hoodie they keep showing the in all the trailers jumping out the window with somebody in his arms better be Luke Cage. This TV show is a great way to get some of Marvel's great lower level heroes some love.

It's looking a lot more likely that he's Patriot.

I'm super psyched, it's a Marvel TV show from the guy that defined my childhood (at least in terms of television). My biggest concern is that it'll probably flounder in the first 5-6 episodes because Joss likes to do monster of the week stuff a little bit too much sometimes. I'll be shocked if we don't see some film character cameos, even if it ends up just being lesser names. I can see Crossbones making an appearance post-Cap 2. As for the big heroes, depends on how well the show does and how much Marvel/Disney/ABC is willing to shell out. A guy like Chris Evans, Sam Jackson or maybe Chris Hemsworth (he's started getting a fair bit bigger), I can see. Very doubtful we'll see Scarlett Johansson, Rob Downey Jr or anyone on that level of pay.

I've started to really hope they go through with recasting Hawkeye, because I'd love so much more for him to be one the show as a frequent guest or something, rather than getting 15 minutes of screen time in the films.

"In Whedon I Trust" is my mantra with anything Marvel-related, including this. And don't get me wrong, I love The Avengers and can't wait for Age of Ultron but TV is where Whedon belongs and it's nice that, for all intents and purposes, he'll be given enough time (I don't see Marvel/Disney pulling the plug on it too early, regardless of ratings) to make something great.

"In Whedon I Trust" is my mantra with anything Marvel-related, including this. And don't get me wrong, I love The Avengers and can't wait for Age of Ultron but TV is where Whedon belongs and it's nice that, for all intents and purposes, he'll be given enough time (I don't see Marvel/Disney pulling the plug on it too early, regardless of ratings) to make something great.

From everything that I have read, other than the pilot, Joss Whedon is most likely going to be just a consultant while his brother is going to serve as show runner

From everything that I have read, other than the pilot, Joss Whedon is most likely going to be just a consultant while his brother is going to serve as show runner

Joss is still a writer for the series on top of being an executive producer and consultant. It's pretty unlikely he won't be involved in a major way for at least the entire first season. And considering he wasn't around a ton for some of the later Buffy seasons and a lot of Angel, I don't think there's much to worry about.

But then, his last TV show was Dollhouse, so there's that...

And Dollhouse became an incredibly good sci-fi show after a shaky, uneven first season.

Also this show is beholden to having a much better lead performer on it than Eliza Dushku.

...what?

You'll never forgive the man that wrote three of the biggest shows on network television, made giant strides towards stronger female characters in lead roles, helped write a little known Pixar film called "Toy Story", created a TV show with such a strong following that after only 14 episodes, it's still being worshiped by nerds everywhere more than a decade later... the man who then assembled The Avengers in a film that no one ever believed could really happen...

Because he wrote a script for a film that was rewritten and then destroyed by a shitty director and the studio? Before he even wrote the first episode of Buffy?

You were doing so well, Ant.

That's like saying Lord of the Rings was great and all, but I can't take Peter Jackson seriously as a director because he made Meet The Feebles. :P

• Like 1

Meh. I despise the Alien 4 film. Sue me :P

I get that the film was not ENTIRELY his fault but still he mentioned in an interview that they didn't change what was written just how they said it/how they incorporated it.

Like i said though i do like the guy but 16 years on that film still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Like 1