The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Five episodes into Daredevil now. Spoilered thoughts in case I'm not actually the last person on the board to be watching these :P

The cops from the earlier episodes were crooked! Didn't actually see that coming, surprisingly.

Fisk is such a well developed villain. Such an interesting character.

Foggy's side plot continues to interest me.

Wesley is wonderful. Something about him just seems really professional and for some reason I really like it.

When does he actually get the costume? The 'all black with a bandana' thing isn't really doing it for me any more.

It's going around that the stand alone Spider-Man film will be titled "Spider-Man: The New Avenger".

I don't mind it - it's not great, but the title hardly matters. It's getting across the big thing that's selling a new Spider-Man film, which is that he's a part of the MCU. Not sure they could do that better without calling it "Spider-Man: We Got The Rights Back!"

• Like 2

Five episodes into Daredevil now. Spoilered thoughts in case I'm not actually the last person on the board to be watching these :P

The cops from the earlier episodes were crooked! Didn't actually see that coming, surprisingly.

Wesley is wonderful. Something about him just seems really professional and for some reason I really like it.

When does he actually get the costume? The 'all black with a bandana' thing isn't really doing it for me any more.

RE: Costume

The last episode.

RE: Costume

The last episode.

Should have guessed as much. Ah well.

I don't think you need to know the comics at all. There are references to comic stuff, and it's going in a comic direction, but i don't think you would you need to know how it got told in one format to enjoy it in another?

• Like 1

I love Agents of SHIELD, it combines the silliness of people with superpowers and crazy comic book technology with the spy show elements. Plus a lot of the time it has some of the best action scenes, certainly a few were better than Daredevil's even. It can be a little flimsy at times, but with so many elements in play, it makes each week exciting and must-watch.

• Like 1

I don't think you need to know the comics at all. There are references to comic stuff, and it's going in a comic direction, but i don't think you would you need to know how it got told in one format to enjoy it in another?

I did say the nuances... Not the entire show. I think a knowledge of Marvel comic books enhances the enjoyment

Edited by Tigerstyle

My favorite part of the finale is on YouTube. :wub:

I didn't actually like this.

I liked that Kingpin thought that everything he was doing was for the greater good, by any means necessary. I don't like him making the jump to being the bad guy even in his own mind.

Very happy with the show overall, but the finale was probably my least favorite episode. Still good though.

My favorite part of the finale is on YouTube. :wub:

I didn't actually like this.

I liked that Kingpin thought that everything he was doing was for the greater good, by any means necessary. I don't like him making the jump to being the bad guy even in his own mind.

Very happy with the show overall, but the finale was probably my least favorite episode. Still good though.

Yeah, I didn't exactly like the last few episodes or so, but that was more due to it being draggy and patchy in terms of character development.

Fisk's jump from good intentioned-baddie to full-on baddie needed more depth to it, and I feel that besides killing the cops part, there wasn't much of that (and even that you could put down to him killing crooked cops, so it's not really that bad). I loved the moment in itself, the whole scene and the action in it was awesom, he realized then that by breaking out he was becoming the bad guy, and he couldn't hide behind any silly notions in his head about it, but in the context of the full show it didn't work for me.

SHIELD spoiler

Yep, tonight set up a bit of AoU. Maria Hill appeared, asked Coulson about Theta Protocol. He said its set up and "Time to bring in The Avengers". Also, Raina had one of her visions and said "Men of steel will tear our cities apart, and the world will change

SHIELD spoiler

Yep, tonight set up a bit of AoU. Maria Hill appeared, asked Coulson about Theta Protocol. He said its set up and "Time to bring in The Avengers". Also, Raina had one of her visions and said "Men of steel will tear our cities apart, and the world will change

Tonight's SHIELD spoiler and also a bit of an AoU spoiler

Yeah, which is a bit jarring considering in AoU they stated they had been going through a few Hydra bases to clean up Hydra, when Coulson already gave them the location of the scepter. I guess you could interpret it as he just gave them the location of Sokovia, though.

This episode was fun, but not as fun as the rest, though. Still, it's always fun trying to figure out who is double-crossing who. Skye's single-shot fight sequence was fucking bad ass, it'll be fun to try and see if Agent 13 will still be happy to see Ward the next time they cross (she won't be), the stuff in Afterlife was fun, and next will should be the fallout from AoU, which will be fun too. The preview was of the finale, but there's an episode before that if I'm not mistaken, it's titled "Scars", so should have to do with the AoU fallout.

Going to be fun to watch AoU tomorrow after watching this week's episode, even if I've already watched it twice!